PDA

View Full Version : Nice Cessna 195 RW

Milton Shupe
December 20th, 2008, 08:37
http://www.barronaviation.com/Default.aspx?tabid=123

modelr
December 20th, 2008, 08:43
Some good info there, thanks Milton.

We need a good updated Cessna 195. I still use Joe Binka's excellent series, with Heather Sherman's fantastic paints.

srgalahad
December 20th, 2008, 12:24
Alas, if Cessna et al. continue to insist on umpty $$ royalties and protectionist policies, we may never see anything newer than Joe's.
There was a good thread going -before crash- of ways to ease the frame-rate hit and other problems of Joe's 195 in FS9... was someone lucky enough to save the notes?

I'd love to see a "new" 195 with all the goodies.

TomSteber
December 20th, 2008, 12:56
Alas, if Cessna et al. continue to insist on umpty $$ royalties and protectionist policies, we may never see anything newer than Joe's.
There was a good thread going -before crash- of ways to ease the frame-rate hit and other problems of Joe's 195 in FS9... was someone lucky enough to save the notes?

Was this about Shakey Jake?

Lionheart
December 20th, 2008, 14:31

Actually, if Cessna is no longer producing the aircraft, the shape is no longer copyright. Thus someone could actually duplicate it. In the United States, if you no longer produce/manufacture a vehicle, it is no longer under copyrightable protections. Its considered expired. There is no reason to claim something that is dead now.

The name Cessna cannot be used though with that plane if someone made it for FS. You will need a new name, maybe change a few bits to keep it safe and you are good to go.

Thanks Milton for the site location. Great details and photos. Great old bird. I would think it would be a Miltons Dream Team selection..

Bill

mustang51
December 20th, 2008, 14:39
Was lucky years ago to have some time in a RW 195 and it had a cross wind gear on it. It may be the only Cessna I would buy today. Small wheel on the right end and a round engine.

dandog
December 20th, 2008, 19:42
And here's another site for you C195 fans. I too would like an updated C195. Shakey Jake was my 1st favorite plane when I discovered FS not so long ago. http://www.cessna195.org/

AusWilko
December 20th, 2008, 21:12
That is a realy cool plane, would love to see a top notch rendition of it.