PDA

View Full Version : Captain Sim's C-130 Question..

rdaniell
February 4th, 2012, 05:29
Would someone who has this aircraft installed please tell me what key or combination of keys is used to reverse the props. Everything I've tried simply shuts the engines down. I've searched my memory and the manual. (Didn't have any luck with either.)

Thanks,

Romeo-Delta

Tako_Kichi
February 4th, 2012, 07:56
On my system I have 'F2' assigned to a button on the controller. Pressing and holding this button for a couple of seconds decreases the throttles and then puts them into reverse mode. Advancing the throttles momentarily clears the 'F2' command. This button works for jets, turbo-props and prop planes with reversing prop blades (like a B377).

rdaniell
February 4th, 2012, 08:44
On my system I have 'F2' assigned to a button on the controller. Pressing and holding this button for a couple of seconds decreases the throttles and then puts them into reverse mode. Advancing the throttles momentarily clears the 'F2' command. This button works for jets, turbo-props and prop planes with reversing prop blades (like a B377).

Thanks. That works on my old computer but not on my newer one. F2 adjusts the brightness of the screen. I just accidently discovered what does work though. I have to use a combination of keys. They are: A key on the bottom row/left side just to the right of the control key and F2 pressed simultaneously. Doing the same with F1 or advancing the throttles momentarily brings it back out of reverse. BTW that key is labeled fn inside a box.

Gotta love computers...

Romeo-Delta

Tako_Kichi
February 4th, 2012, 11:47
Sounds like you are on a laptop in which case all bets are off! :icon_lol:

However, you can assign that function to any unused key you would like by using the sim's 'Settings/Assignments' screen and going to the 'Buttons/Keys' tab. Look for the 'Throttle decrease quickly' line under the 'Engine Commands' menu item.

If you switch to the 'Joystick Axes' tab you can assign that function directly to a joystick/yoke button if you have one spare.

rdaniell
February 4th, 2012, 12:44
Sounds like you are on a laptop in which case all bets are off! :icon_lol: However, you can assign that function to any unused key you would like by using the sim's 'Settings/Assignments' screen and going to the 'Buttons/Keys' tab. Look for the 'Throttle decrease quickly' line under the 'Engine Commands' menu item. If you switch to the 'Joystick Axes' tab you can assign that function directly to a joystick/yoke button if you have one spare.

Thanks again. I now only have to push one key. And yes, it is a laptop. Runs flight sim better than any towers I've ever owned.

Romeo-Delta

Tako_Kichi
February 4th, 2012, 13:42
Thanks again. I now only have to push one key. And yes, it is a laptop. Runs flight sim better than any towers I've ever owned.
Glad you are sorted and as to laptops, yes there are some very good ones out there now that run flight sims very well. However, the key arrangements tend to be non-standard between manufacturers especially when it comes to 'F' keys and number pad keys. Makes helping someone with key command issues a bit tricky at times. :icon_lol:

rdaniell
February 4th, 2012, 14:17
Glad you are sorted and as to laptops, yes there are some very good ones out there now that run flight sims very well. However, the key arrangements tend to be non-standard between manufacturers especially when it comes to 'F' keys and number pad keys. Makes helping someone with key command issues a bit tricky at times. :icon_lol:

Well, it's my pleasure to give you an attaboy for this time. :applause: Thanks...

Romeo-Delta

Tom Clayton
February 5th, 2012, 04:45
I use a USB wireless keyboard for our laptop - I just plain hate the keyboard that it came with. As for flying, my FS rig has a gaming keyboard from Logitech. The added "G" keys can be programmed with macros to emulate the multi-key functions like opening exits or starting engines. I even have macros set to shut down single engines so that I can land in something like the Dash-7, shut off the outboards, and taxi to the gate on just the inboards.