PDA

View Full Version : O/T Holidays in France anyone?

ndicki
January 31st, 2012, 11:24
Mentioned this before - I'm wondering about a week or two's house-swopping in August, budget permitting - if anyone in the UK would like to think about it. We're 60km south of Paris in an area of little villages near Milly-la-Foret, half-way between Paris and Orleans in fact. Orleans and the Loire is a lovely place to tour round, or you can get up to Paris reasonably painlessly in August in maybe a bit more than an hour.

Nothing firm as yet, just putting out feelers as it's the right time of year to start thinking of these things.

Cuttles
January 31st, 2012, 15:06
Nice spot. Was lucky enough to get a work trip over there ages ago. Hosted by French business, really was wonderfull experience. Chambon, etc.
Too far away for swapping; but wondered what this O/T thing is that is put in front of the threads???

Just curious

Pat Pattle
January 31st, 2012, 22:51
Ian, O/T = 'Off Topic' used for non CFS3 type posts. It's a licence to talk about anything we want! :)

If you do get over this way Nigel, do pop in for a cuppa!

ndicki
January 31st, 2012, 23:46
Cheers, Clive! I imagine the Devon pubs are still as welcoming and well-stocked as they were when I lived there!

Capt. Winters
February 1st, 2012, 20:57
Hi Guys,

Hi Nigel,

If you ever think of going further abroad, I'd deffinately be willing to talk with you about a similar option between France and Australia.

regards Rob.

ndicki
February 2nd, 2012, 01:41
Hi Rob - The day I can afford the air fare, you're on! Course, there'd always be the danger that I wouldn't want to go back... :icon_lol: