PDA

View Full Version : Is There a Way?

Devildog73
January 31st, 2012, 07:01
To start at the gate instead of at the end of the runway?

Also, any way to stop the tower from putting you in a stack of planes waiting to take off for over 15-20 minutes?

I did not buy a flight sim to sit in a line of aircraft on the taxiway for extended periods of time.

rdaniell
January 31st, 2012, 07:46
To start at the gate instead of at the end of the runway?

Also, any way to stop the tower from putting you in a stack of planes waiting to take off for over 15-20 minutes?

I did not buy a flight sim to sit in a line of aircraft on the taxiway for extended periods of time.

At the start of your flight, you can click on select airport and then click on select runway. On that screen you should be able to scroll down and select any parking spot you want. Don't want to wait in line? Just don't turn your radio on...:guinness:

Romeo-Delta

falcon409
January 31st, 2012, 11:04
At the start of your flight, you can click on select airport and then click on select runway. On that screen you should be able to scroll down and select any parking spot you want. Don't want to wait in line? Just don't turn your radio on...

Romeo-Delta
One side note to that would be that if the airport in question has a limited AFCAD (just a start position but no parking spaces), then you may only have the option to either use the active rwy or select another start position which would be the end of the rwy for whatever other rwys are available. Some airports just weren't developed much beyond allowing the pilot to start on the rwy of choice and that's where Lee Swordy's AFCAD program comes in handy. With a bit of practice, you can add ramp parking and gate parking to your hearts content.

Tom Clayton
January 31st, 2012, 12:37
Sometimes when I get frustrated with waiting behind eleventeen AI tubes ahead of me for takeoff, I just pause, turn the AI traffic to 0%, then head along on my merry way. Once I'm airborne, I turn AI back on.