PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

hawkeye52
January 29th, 2012, 13:24
Fellas, I'm new to CFS3 -- well, I haven't fired it up for over 7 years. Does CFS3 have a command equivalent to CFS2's SHFT + Z ?

- H52

flyer01
January 29th, 2012, 13:56
Fellas, I'm new to CFS3 -- well, I haven't fired it up for over 7 years. Does CFS3 have a command equivalent to CFS2's SHFT + Z ?

- H52
Shift+Z will stop warp. Shift+X will start warp.

mikezola
January 30th, 2012, 09:01
Hello-

Just pressing the 'z' key will be the closest equivalent of what 'shift-z' does in CFS2 (FS2002, FS2004 and FSX as well).

-Mike Z.

hawkeye52
January 30th, 2012, 18:38
Hey, Mike, thanks for the info.

Flyer, I guess by "warp" you mean "slew"?

Thanks, fellas!
- H52

grizzly50
January 30th, 2012, 19:27

- H52

I don't think I remember what Shift + Z does in CFS2. It's been a while. I know that the Z key in CFS3 toggles valuable info in the upper left-hand corner of the screen dealing mostly with flight data such as map coords, altitude, speed, etc.

Shift+Z will stop warp. Shift+X will start warp.

The X key starts Warp. Warp speeds up the aircraft movement between waypoints. Ctrl + X stops the Warp.

Hello-

Just pressing the 'z' key will be the closest equivalent of what 'shift-z' does in CFS2 (FS2002, FS2004 and FSX as well).

-Mike Z.

Again, the Z key toggles info in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.

Hey, Mike, thanks for the info.

Flyer, I guess by "warp" you mean "slew"?

Thanks, fellas!
- H52

Warp is not Slew. There is no Slew in CFS3. Again, Warp speeds movement between waypoints.

hawkeye52
January 30th, 2012, 19:45
Got it, Griz. :salute: Z does the job; it's equiv. to Shift+Z in the other MS sims. Also, I now "get" the diff. 'tween warp & slew.

Thank you. We can consider this topic as closed AFAIC. :icon_lol:

- H52