PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question

Hern07
December 19th, 2008, 18:43
They say there is no such thing as a stupid question. Well, how about this one? What is the spoiler key? I have seen this many times before, but since I didn't need it I never asked.

Pen32Win
December 19th, 2008, 18:53
In the CFS2 layout it's "D". I don't know what it is in the old CFS1 Layout.

Shadow Wolf 07
December 19th, 2008, 19:34
Thr only stock plane I know of that has the dive brake is the corsair... I'm not counting the dive bombers that can be made player flyable

Pen32Win
December 19th, 2008, 20:07
SW, alot of developers use the Spoiler action for things other than dive brakes. Like bomb bay doors and the rear canopy. It just depends on how they tag the animated parts.

Hern07
December 19th, 2008, 20:18
Thanks, appreciate the help

OTTO
December 20th, 2008, 03:48
In the CFS1 layout , it is the forward slash key for spoilers " / "

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all !!
OTTO

dhasdell
December 20th, 2008, 04:26
Yes - "/" or "ç" if you have a Spanish keyboard! The one over there on the right near enter anyway.

Blue Devil
December 20th, 2008, 09:59
Thr only stock plane I know of that has the dive brake is the corsair... I'm not counting the dive bombers that can be made player flyable

In the Corsair, ...the dive brake was the main gear w/o the tail wheel.

ya had to be under ~ 160 kts to deploy or ~180 kts to retract or the hydraulics would blow.

Just use the gear, ...and set the .air file drag to "150" and the pitch moment to 0.0500.

Shadow Wolf 07
December 21st, 2008, 12:20
In the Corsair, ...the dive brake was the main gear w/o the tail wheel.

ya had to be under ~ 160 kts to deploy or ~180 kts to retract or the hydraulics would blow.

Just use the gear, ...and set the .air file drag to "150" and the pitch moment to 0.0500.

I didn't even know the F4U had a dive brake untill I accidentally hit the D key during the "CAP Over Rendova" Campaign mission and suddenly I couldn't get the beast to do over 175 kts! :isadizzy: I don't modify my stock aircraft other than tailwheel rotation and skins to keep em clean for online play

DauntlessDriver546
December 22nd, 2008, 13:32
Funny... was that for ALL the Corsair models? I didn't know that... I just set my flaps all the way down....

Jagdflieger
December 22nd, 2008, 15:31
Every now and then I see some Corsair footage from what I think is Okinawa where the Corsairs are delivering Napalm on Japanese positions with their landing gear down. I assume that this is a good example of the F4U "spoilers" in action.

After the war, the DC-6 passenger aircraft used it's main landing gear to just stick out of the nacells a little bit to act as air brakes.

Hern07
December 22nd, 2008, 17:44
I might be wrong, but I think that the newly operational airfields on Okinawa were so close to the front lines that they didn't have time to retract the landing gear.