PDA

View Full Version : Scenery Library

rdaniell
January 29th, 2012, 01:12
Nigel and I have been discussing the possibility of a scenery pool here at the Outhouse. It seems that recently more and more people are getting into making scenery. I have a couple that I have done and privately shared with a few people.

One is a fictional little dirt strip situated in Vietnam for use by O1s, O2s, and Caribous. The other is a dirt strip on the side of a hill in Laos.

If there is any interest in this idea, then someone who can upload here at the Outhouse needs to get them from me and then upload them as I know doodlie squat about readmes, thumbnails, etc. P.m. with your e-mail and I'll shoot them to you.

Romeo-Delta

Jagdflieger
January 29th, 2012, 03:41
Rdaniel,

I'd love to try out your jungle strips. Back in the day I spent some time around 'em up in I Corps.

That said, uploading is easy.

Just follow the screen shots and you can get 'em uploaded most ricky tick.

Jagdflieger
January 29th, 2012, 03:47
Part two, instructions:

1. Home Page>Upload link

2. Title and describe

3. Browse and point to the file on your hard drive

4. Details (FS 9>Scenery)

5. Submit

6. If you need help with the readme file and a screen shot of the scenery, I'll be more than glad to help you out. Once done, you'll be an expert. Let me know via a private message (PM). One of the most overlooked portions of a readme file is a good list of and links to the addon library objects used in the scenery. Be sure to keep an accurate list and links to where they are available. Most scenery follows a routine path to installation, but it doesn't hurt to describe it fully. Again, let me know if I can help in writing the document up.

7. Rami, our librarian, will review the file and then place it in the FS 9 library.

Good luck!

nigel richards
January 29th, 2012, 04:16
For my part I will be happy to share any objects/textures etc for general scenery design use by all. Perhaps we would now see more new scenery U/loads by fellow members without them having to go through the often daunting task of obtaining copyright permission for all those items.

So to start with, some tree models I am currently putting together for the 'Cheb' Avia scenery will on completion, be made available to all for FREE use.

Working on this lightweight scenery has been a reminder to the ongoing headache of finding really good, freeware scenery deco objects.

Cars, people, buildings, hangars, ships, trees...modern and vintage - we need VARIETY and we need MORE.

May I clarify my meaning of freeware: items you wont have to start chasing for permission to include in your scenery releases AS LONG AS ITS FREEWARE!!!

rdaniell
January 29th, 2012, 04:33
Jagdflieger

Check your p.m. box...

Romeo-Delta

Cees Donker
January 29th, 2012, 04:44
I'll share my scenery objects with anyone who's interested. All my object may be used for adaptation in other sims as well, as long as it is about freeware...

Cees

nigel richards
January 29th, 2012, 04:48
Due to Greek Internet, these pics could not be included in the above ____! --------!, _____!!!

SgtT
January 29th, 2012, 05:53
Nigel,

Could you tell me what type of aircraft those are?

T.

Sunny9850
January 29th, 2012, 08:14
There is a 100 plus pages long thread started by Sir Milton...introducing the Avia Aircraft and the subsequent development of these magnificent FS additions. by he looks of things the wait is almost over....

Cheers
Stefan

Jagdflieger
January 29th, 2012, 08:25
Wow! Nice trees Nigel.

Sunny, look for the threads on Avia aircraft. You can follow their construction almost step by step as the Outhouse team building them have progressed.

Rdaniels, E-mail sent.

ian elliot
January 29th, 2012, 09:36
Most of my scenerys includes object librarys made with FSDSv2 for use in EZ and other placement programs, if there of any use to anyone for whatever project, feel free to use them if it means getting more scenery produced,
cheers ian

PS, those are the best trees ive seen in scenery for a long time Nigel :icon29:

nigel richards
January 29th, 2012, 11:04
SgtT: Sunny9850 and Jagdflieger are right, these aircraft are the near complete Avia aircraft soon to be released by Milton.

They're truly remarkable aircraft - both from the point of view of subject choice, and from the aspect of the truly amazing standards of workmanship involved in their creation. A superb, third aircraft is now in its creation stage and appears to be at least as awesome.

See the Avia thread.

For anyone jaded with 'everyday' models, these planes will give you a new thrill as truly 'pilot's aeroplanes.

ian elliot: Your offer is a most generous one, it would be an honour to have your creations in our scenery libraries.

Jagdflieger, Ian: Thanks for the encoragement on the trees, I'll have a small set of them available for free use shortly. :icon29:

AndyG43
January 29th, 2012, 12:14
Are they the vintage trees you mentioned Nigel?

Great initiative guys, looking forward to seeing this come together.

nigel richards
January 29th, 2012, 12:47
Are they the vintage trees you mentioned Nigel?

Actually...:icon_lol:

rdaniell
January 30th, 2012, 05:10
I thought I might try to clarify what I was thinking when I started this thread....
1. We are a very diverse group here at the Outhouse so we all tend to have different tastes in where we do our sim flying.
2. We also have different taste in the types of aircraft we favor.
3. Therefore, we like different sceneries.

I have very limited abilities in scenery creation so I tend to stick with just making changes to the default airports. Runway12 and Airport Design Editor are the tools I use. I have downloaded everything scenery object I can find on the web. However, there remain a lot of objects that I wish were available.

I'm indebted to several of you'll here at the Outhouse for sharing your objects. Additionally, some objects have been created by Matt Wynn at my suggestion. Matt has made those available for anyone who wants them. You will also note that others have agreed in this thread to share theirs.

So....I was not looking for a duplicate "Scenery Library." Rather a central place for scenery object developers to share their talents with the rest of us.

Attached is a screen shot taken at Donalsonville, Georgia. I regularily fly into that airport in real life so I wanted the airport in FS9 to be a close resemblance.
However, I imagine that, at best, only one or two of you'll would want this particular airport as you don't share my usual area of flying.

After typing all this, I'm still not sure that I have adequately conveyed what I hoped. Anyway, here it is.

Romeo-Delta

Jagdflieger
January 30th, 2012, 21:45
RDaniel,

I think that I understand. There is a dedicated scenery designer forum already here at the Outhouse, but it gets very little use. Perhaps you guys can change that. I hope so as it should be a good melting pot for ideas and conspiricies between you more gifted FS 9 simmers.

Here is the link: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?26-Landscapers-Architects

I've opened up a thread for you so it is now your canvas as it were.

That said, I flew around Lima One, just North of Vientiane, Laos tonight. Great little outpost for today's generation of treckers thinks I. Back in the day, I was fairly close to this fictional Lima One once. The sea hut and the GP Medium tents with 55 gallon drums of sand and ammo crates filled with sand around them look quite authentic. No doubt you lived in a few of them during your tour in the land of the dragon.

I'll shoot you a PM with some suggestions for Lima One and I'll try and get to Camp X tomorrow. Now I've got to get Piglets Heliocurrier installed with some Air Amerca textures to make full use of Lima One. Don't think I'm going to get my C-123 Provider in there anytime soon.

Well, here I am getting ready to pick up General Vang Pao for a lift down to the US Embassy. Keep your eyes peeled for the Pathet Lao.

rdaniell
January 31st, 2012, 05:22
Jagdflieger , a comparison of your screenshots with mine seem to indicate you are missing some objects . It apprears what you are missing are objects from Michael Carr's library.(flightsim.com or avsim.com) That's one of the things that can obtain when installing someone else's scenery. In order for all the objects in the BGL file to show, all object libraries used in the scenery creation must be installed.

Romeo-Delta

BTW, AlphaSim's Caribou gets in and out of Lima One pretty good. So does FSD's Porter.

Devildog73
January 31st, 2012, 07:06
Nigel,
What trees are you using in those screen shots?
They look like actual photographs!

rdaniell
January 31st, 2012, 12:44
Fellows, I don't think this was such a good idea after all. I'm having trouble articulating what I thought might be a good idea.
Let's let this thread die.

Peace+

Romeo-Delta

Matt Wynn
January 31st, 2012, 13:15
i understand what you meant, i think, basically us scenery makers all chip in with objects for an SoH Scenery superpack sorta-thing, i'll be glad to chip in, working on some 'different' structures at the moment, some of which may surprise you slightly :icon_lol: currently editing the .asm code on a few to make them seasonal or other effect using the .asm code..... :icon_lol:

rdaniell
January 31st, 2012, 13:42
i understand what you meant, i think, basically us scenery makers all chip in with objects for an SoH Scenery superpack sorta-thing, i'll be glad to chip in, working on some 'different' structures at the moment, some of which may surprise you slightly :icon_lol: currently editing the .asm code on a few to make them seasonal or other effect using the .asm code..... :icon_lol:

Ah! To be young again with most of my "little gray cells" working properly.

Matt, you are correct. Couldn't have said it better myself. (Note to Self: Dummy, you didn't.)

Romeo-Delta