PDA

View Full Version : PEN32 MISSION AND "MISSING MODEL"

Fibber
January 27th, 2012, 12:16
Hi folks!
I was recently flying one of Pen32s AF_ missions and one called "Thatch weave" and the game kept giving me a message "unable to find model for "inf_crate(4). Substitute model for A-20 havoc instead?" I looked in the mission and a "inf_crate" is called for but as it being a naval strike, crates? Is this right ,or has anyone else run into this?
Was there a update on these missions that I missed?
I love the missions but this is a bit annoying and perplexing. Appreciate any info.

Talon
January 27th, 2012, 17:50
I took the crates out of my missions.I also updated them with Usio and VN ships plus FDG Wildcats and Dauntless bombers. I have changed some of the Japanese planes too. Not all the missions have been updated.

Talon

Fibber
January 27th, 2012, 19:40
Thanks for the reply.:salute: I wasn't sure if the crates were a part of the mission as targets or not. I have myself up-dated the planes and plan to move on to the ships as you stated, but the crate bit had me perplexed! So now I don't feel so stupid!:icon_lol:

bearcat241
January 28th, 2012, 02:32
Its either a typo or you're using a modified version of the default inf.bgl file. The sim can't find the object because (A) its misspelled in the mission file. The mission file is calling for something that doesn't exist by the exact spelling of that name. It should be changed from "inf_crate" to "inf_crates" or (B) you're using the latest modification of INF.BGL that was uploaded here a few years ago which for whatever reason was packaged without inf_crates in it. You may have to restore the crates by finding the STOCK bgl in your clean, original backup. The path is SCENEDB\INF\SCENERY\inf.bgl.

bearcat241
January 28th, 2012, 02:48
OK, try this package. It contains four bgl's which in turn contain the full spectrum of all CFS2 stock objects. So instead of everything being in the one INF.BGL, its all spread out into four. You'll need to replace the INF.BGL you have with the INF.BGL in this pack, then add the others. The inf_crates objects are located in the enclosed INF1.BGL.

My apologies...i don't remember who it was that uploaded this pack, so the credit is still on the table.

Fibber
January 28th, 2012, 09:45
you are right.:salute: I thought that I had typed the plural when I typed the singular. Here is what I have in that mission as it pertains to the object.
[unit_type.4]
type_id=4152
unit_family=4
name=inf_crates

In addition the BGL's I have in the Scenerydb\inf\scenery are "infl1.bgl" and "inf.bgl." They are dated from 12/23/04 and 12/19/04 respectfully.

I downloaded your posted zip and will give it a go.