PDA

View Full Version : Sbuilder under Win7..HELP!

OBIO
January 24th, 2012, 10:49
I downloaded Sbuilder...the most recent version....2.05 revision 6 Car54 Where are You or something along those lines. Unzipped it, created a desktop shortcut to the .exe file. The program starts, but when I try to do anything I get a message that TABCTL32.OCX file is missing or not registered. I downloaded the file, placed it into the Windows/System32 folder. Fired up Command Prompt as Administrator typed Regsvr32 C:\windows\system32 TABCTL32.ocx and hit entered...and I get another error saying that the file either was not present or could not load.

HELP! I need Sbuilder to add some finishing touches to the mountain top farm/bush strip I created this morning. 1500 foot gravel strip on top of a 6000 foot high mountain peak, and autogen farm and a couple hunting cabins off to the right. Need a hangar and some light poles from Sid Schwartz's scenery item collections to finish it off.

OBIO

Cees Donker
January 24th, 2012, 11:01
Wish I could help you Tim. I use Vista. No problems.

Sorry!

Cees

rdaniell
January 24th, 2012, 11:05
Can't help with sBuilder but, check your p.m.s

Romeo-Delta

Cees Donker
January 24th, 2012, 11:09
TABCTL32.OCX isn't on my system either! But SBuilder works....

Cees

ian elliot
January 24th, 2012, 11:37
Try taking the file out of Windows/System32 and into Windows/System, and see if that works.
cheers ian

OBIO
January 24th, 2012, 11:58
Ian

I did what you suggested (moving the file from System32 to System) and I was able to register it via Command Prompt. Now Sbuilder works! Later today, I will get busy on my mountain top farm strip....1500 feet of gravel runway, have to take off between two clusters of trees (but have to bank hard right to do so) and mountains and valleys all around. Beautiful place to call home!

OBIO

rdaniell
January 24th, 2012, 12:13
OBIO, that's one of the things I like about my limited scenery building capabilities. I have the perfect little grass strip from which I do most of my sim flying.
Was never quite able to own one in real life. But FS9 is a close virtual second....I especially want to give Matt Wynn another attaboy:wiggle: for creating the rustic hanger that I'm using.

I hope you're not planning on trying to fly a Cessna 140 out of there...

Romeo-Delta

falcon409
January 24th, 2012, 20:53
In a similar thread in this forum DangerousDave suggests that for placing objects, use something other than SBuilder. Yes it does allow for object placement, but ADE or one of the payware programs like EZ_Scenery or Instant Scenery is much easier and much better suited for that. SBuilder is really, at least in my opinion, more for doing excludes, changing/adjusting elevations, water poly's, creating roads, rivers, lakes, Islands and placing general Landclass to name a few.:salute:

OBIO
January 24th, 2012, 21:20
I hope you're not planning on trying to fly a Cessna 140 out of there...

Romeo-Delta

I already did!

OBIO

rdaniell
January 24th, 2012, 22:34
I already did! OBIO

You da man!:running:

RD