PDA

View Full Version : System requirements

panzervoador
January 23rd, 2012, 07:31
Can anyone tell me which system requirements are needed to run the ETO and MAW expansions at max settings.

cjcz7
January 23rd, 2012, 09:12
well I run everything on full (with the mesh builder budgets) with 1400x900 resolution and I have:

intel i3 540 @ 3.06 GHz processor
5Gb ddr3 RAM
intel HD graphics
windows 7 64 bit

pacard bell imedia S3810 refurb

panzervoador
January 23rd, 2012, 10:24
well I run everything on full (with the mesh builder budgets) with 1400x900 resolution and I have:

intel i3 540 @ 3.06 GHz processor
5Gb ddr3 RAM
intel HD graphics
windows 7 64 bit

pacard bell imedia S3810 refurb

Thanks man! I think I'll have to buy a new computer.

hairyspin
January 23rd, 2012, 12:20
MAW is much more frame-friendly than ETO and can run perfectly well on older kit, like a 2.8GHz Pentium 4. ETO was built to run on higher-performance kit, although my Core2Duo 2.8GHz E7400 is not cutting-edge these days.

Speed is more important than power with CFS3 and a 12-core Ultimate-Threaded Megaprocessor is actually wasted on CFS3 which only uses one core and can't multi-thread. Game-crushing video performance is also wasted on CFS3, which gives better performance with extra processor speed.

So for really good performance in ETO, something like a 3.4GHz processor with a reasonable video card - say an nVidia 9800GT with 512MB - should run it smoothly at 1650x1080 or larger without difficulty. More than 2GB of system memory would be needed to let CFS3 use its full 2GB allocation.

panzervoador
January 23rd, 2012, 12:39
MAW is much more frame-friendly than ETO and can run perfectly well on older kit, like a 2.8GHz Pentium 4. ETO was built to run on higher-performance kit, although my Core2Duo 2.8GHz E7400 is not cutting-edge these days.

Speed is more important than power with CFS3 and a 12-core Ultimate-Threaded Megaprocessor is actually wasted on CFS3 which only uses one core and can't multi-thread. Game-crushing video performance is also wasted on CFS3, which gives better performance with extra processor speed.

So for really good performance in ETO, something like a 3.4GHz processor with a reasonable video card - say an nVidia 9800GT with 512MB - should run it smoothly at 1650x1080 or larger without difficulty. More than 2GB of system memory would be needed to let CFS3 use its full 2GB allocation.

So I guess I'll just need a better processor.

cjcz7
January 23rd, 2012, 13:10
I got my rig a year ago now for under £250 - it was a 'refurb' which means that it’s just one the shop couldn't sell and so tweaked it a bit, added some new kit (processor etc) and lowered the price.

With a slight RAM update its perfect - an absolute bargain!:jump:

Daiwilletti
January 23rd, 2012, 17:33
What hairyspin said - processor speed - but also make sure you have a good setup in cfsconfig.exe. Poor settings in the configoverride file will mean the game looks poor even with great computer and vidoe card. I've read threads saying they can run FSX well, but CFS3 is disappointing. Well FSX is a resource hog, so that means they have a good computer but their config setup is poor.

One thing is never stint on resolution, run the native resolution of your monitor, not some reduced version. If your monitor has alternative options for connection, use the latest digital connection if your vid card supports it.

My venerable rig: P4 3.6GHz Dell (second-hand), 3 or 4 Gb of RAM, and an 8800GT card with 512Mb RAM. With every thing maxed out it runs around 20 FPS - thats with no overclocking on an LG 24" LED monitor@1900x1080.

But tweaking means I'm always screwing up the settings! Always looking for the mythical better setup :icon_lol:
D