PDA

View Full Version : So Many Toys To Do (WIP), So Little Time

Milton Shupe
January 22nd, 2012, 17:00
All are works-in-process.

The Avia 51, 156, and 57 are active, with the 51 and 156 in final beta. The 57 is just starting but will be on a slower track as data collection is finalized.

The Grumman Tracker, Tracer, Trader (7 Variants) are active awaiting final liveries and panel work.

The Lockheed Harpoon is active, temporarily on hold as we get the Avia project release-ready.

The Republic XP47J is active, VC is the WIP aspect.

The Dash 7 is active. (Needs a seriously good texture artist and paint kit maker).

The Republic XP72 is backburner.

Hurricane91
January 22nd, 2012, 17:28
Dang, how do you keep it all straight Milton?

Milton Shupe
January 22nd, 2012, 18:08
Dang, how do you keep it all straight Milton?

Just like eating an elephant, one byte at a time, ... and 10-14 hours per day. :jump:

Wing_Z
January 22nd, 2012, 18:18
Retirement can be the busiest of times..
Goodonya Milton, keeps the grey cells from atrophying, too.

Didn't know you were "doing" the Dash7?

Milton Shupe
January 22nd, 2012, 18:27

It has been a WIP for some time, 98% complete, can't seem to push it across the finish line. One day it will get done.

Matt Wynn
January 22nd, 2012, 18:43
well my paint hangar is empty..... i could take a look at getting a paintkit set up for the 'Dash Seven' :salute:

great work all across the board there Milton, great looking stuff all around! nice work :salute::jump:

SPman
January 22nd, 2012, 18:51
oooh - a Dash 7. That'll go down well in Mt Cook Airlines colours.....

PeteHam
January 22nd, 2012, 19:07
The future looks very bright , Thank you Milton for your creations. :applause: :applause:

I'm calling in the construction crew, gonna fell a few trees, and build some more hangars to house these beauties :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Pete.

magoo
January 22nd, 2012, 19:49
....Man....that's a lot on the plate, Milton. Do you have any physical regime to counter the hours at the screen? (Walks, swim, gym...etc...)

Jagdflieger
January 22nd, 2012, 20:05
Thanks for enriching our cyber skies so well Milton. Being a prop and piston kind of a guy, I really enjoy these older aircraft.

Milton Shupe
January 22nd, 2012, 20:43
well my paint hangar is empty..... i could take a look at getting a paintkit set up for the 'Dash Seven' :salute:

great work all across the board there Milton, great looking stuff all around! nice work :salute::jump:

Thank Matt. I'll communicate with you via Email about some options.

....Man....that's a lot on the plate, Milton. Do you have any physical regime to counter the hours at the screen? (Walks, swim, gym...etc...)

Thanks. Aside from walking the dog each day, yes, I walk 1-3 times per day depending on weather, and have a nice exercise bike next to my work station (1-3 times daily). I get up and move about at least every 45 minutes, and of course assist with all the house work. I try to break it up often for short periods. We also eat light and healthy.

Thanks for enriching our cyber skies so well Milton. Being a prop and piston kind of a guy, I really enjoy these older aircraft.

Thank you ... I only do the aircraft that ticks off the key interests for me and of course, props are the big one. :-)

aeronca1
January 23rd, 2012, 10:25
It has been a WIP for some time, 98% complete, can't seem to push it across the finish line. One day it will get done.

I've been looking forward to this one for some time!! I can push or pull!!! Whenever it's ready, I'll be there!! Thank you for all your hard work over the years. Simming wouldn't have been the same without your fine work!

OleBoy
January 23rd, 2012, 10:55

The 57 is just starting but will be on a slower track as data collection is finalized.

No break for you. We can't be having you lolli-gaggin. My fire is lit. :icon_lol: Check your email, Milton. It took awhile, but I got all the information translated that you needed. :salute:

3900 posts. LOL!

nigel richards
January 23rd, 2012, 11:25

The Avia 51, 156, and 57 are active, with the 51 and 156 in final beta. The 57 is just starting but will be on a slower track as data collection is finalized.

The Grumman Tracker, Tracer, Trader (7 Variants) are active awaiting final liveries and panel work.

The Lockheed Harpoon is active, temporarily on hold as we get the Avia project release-ready.

The Republic XP47J is active, VC is the WIP aspect.

The Dash 7 is active. (Needs a seriously good texture artist and paint kit maker).

The Republic XP72 is backburner.

Gosh!...

There's an almost identical list stamped on my forehead...wonder why. :wiggle:...almost.

"The Republic XP72 is backburner":
Huh, what Republic...Czech, China...XP72? Have you been fiddling the numbers? Mischief!
How back is backburner!?!
I just did the XP47J...typographer's error or default Cessna 172 probably. :kilroy:

"The Republic XP47J is active"
Hah! Nice one Milton...That's an understatement if ever I heard one! Could hardly keep up with the thing with my microphone.

Did you search the fridge or closet Sir? Maybe on the top shelf of the freezer, there's a still a family-pack of frozen A-20.
Would you like my to take it out for tomorrow, or shall we have a summer party? :jump:...or is it in that dark aircraft cellar...it should be mature in two or three years.

If we can find enough elves, maybe we can lighten Santa's work load. I'm only a reindeer...but I'll try and help (is that why you keep referring to me as Rudolph?).

Oh...and Milton...Thankyou. You remind me of good old JD...Just warmin' up!

OleBoy
January 23rd, 2012, 11:28
I about fell out of my seat I laughed so hard!!! :mixedsmi::icon29:

euroastar350
January 23rd, 2012, 12:39
I am willing to do the Dash 7 into FSX native, once the Grummans are done of course:icon29:

Cag40Navy
January 23rd, 2012, 13:47
How can i help?

patful
January 23rd, 2012, 20:05
I don't know how you get all of this done. Maybe you could tackle next year's federal budget too? :salute: Thanks.

Pat

huub vink
January 24th, 2012, 05:46
Dear Milton,

I'm almost certain that the process of making something beautiful is nicer than having it finished...... :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Cheers,
Huub

Milton Shupe
January 24th, 2012, 06:06
Dear Milton,

I'm almost certain that the process of making something beautiful is nicer than having it finished...... :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Cheers,
Huub

You are correct of course. :wiggle:

But after 5-7 months. the motivation then is to just get it done and off the desk and share it. :)

Milton Shupe
January 24th, 2012, 09:48
Mike Kelly volunteered to do the Dash 7 textures so I am getting that one ready for some serious work. Cleaning up the exterior and interior model differences and bringing things a bit more up-to-date.

Thanks to Mike for jumping in to do this.

Milton Shupe
January 24th, 2012, 09:55

Actually I have been working to improve the exterior model on the Dash 7 since 2008. VC and cockpit remains mostly unchanged since the gauges were all XML rewritten some time ago. Scott Thomas did some awesome work there.

I was flying the Dash 7 this morning around Cheb, Czechoslovakia chasing some Avia 51 traffic and trying to get invited to a 1930's era flying. Nice folks but I didn't stay long; felt out of place.

Anyhow, I was (once again) really impressed with the Dash 7 flight model. She's just sweet to fly by hand. This FM is one I have tweaked for years and its just like being at home again in the Captain's chair. :-)

Tom Clayton
January 24th, 2012, 19:06
You know how much I'm looking forward to the new Dash-7! :applause:

Wing_Z
January 24th, 2012, 19:22
I'll say... a favourite pastime is putting that plane into Courcheval, without breaking a sweat!

I've always regarded it as Top of the Art, so be interesting to see the "improvements"!
Pity to lose all those favourite repaints though: Tyrolean and Wild Bill Kelso's Newman's amongst others.
Perhaps Markus can be coaxed back from wherever he has been hiding.

Milton Shupe
January 24th, 2012, 20:32

I'll say... a favourite pastime is putting that plane into Courcheval, without breaking a sweat!

I've always regarded it as Top of the Art, so be interesting to see the "improvements"!
Pity to lose all those favourite repaints though: Tyrolean and Wild Bill Kelso's Newman's amongst others.
Perhaps Markus can be coaxed back from wherever he has been hiding.

I do not want expectations to be overblown. This is essentially an improved exterior model only with some relatively minor FM tweaks. (No VC enhancements.)

As a result (and unfortunately), older textures are not compatible. Frankly, it was a lot of work stretched over a long time for not-so-visible results resulting in a "poor business model" :-)

Seriously, don't expect too much.

aeronca1
January 25th, 2012, 07:52
Mike Kelly volunteered to do the Dash 7 textures so I am getting that one ready for some serious work. Cleaning up the exterior and interior model differences and bringing things a bit more up-to-date.

Thanks to Mike for jumping in to do this.

Thank you both!!!!!!!!

Paul Domingue
January 26th, 2012, 10:44
Milton, you’re just amazing! How do you keep that focused? I wish I knew your secret.

Milton Shupe
January 26th, 2012, 12:02
Milton, you’re just amazing! How do you keep that focused? I wish I knew your secret.

Being retired leaves me with lots of hours to keep things going. Once a model is done and mapped, the project leaves me waiting then for others to do their parts.

In that down time, I work on other projects with occasional requests to change or fix issues found in the previous.

So, when you have 8-14 hours a day to be busy, there are plenty things that can be done and plenty time to communicate with all the team members involved.

One can make a lot of progress in 20-30 hours of modeling, or testing flight models or doing panel work. As long as it is fun, I will do it.

Now, off for my mid-day walk. :-)

Thanks