PDA

View Full Version : Arrcab 2.53 crash to desktop

Alain_F355
December 19th, 2008, 07:20
I have been using the freeware version Arrcab 2.5 for a few months now and at first it worked fine. This week I wanted to try out the new Hawker Sea Hawk and discovered Arrcab does not work anymore.

Every time I hit the cables I hear the sound but my screen goes black and after a while Windows closes FS2004 because it does not respond anymore. I tried different carriers and planes and it is always the same so it is something in FS or Arrcab that is causing it. Tried Compatibility modes, admin settings but it does not work. I have no clue what else can cause this. Does anyone else have this problem or know a fix?

dhasdell
December 19th, 2008, 07:27
Only a guess, but the Seahawk has an rcbcop popup fitted. Are you doing something with the catapult/hook popup rather than relying solely on Arrcab? I tried the catapult launch on the beta version when I didn't have rcbcop and I had a ctd like you describe, but it seemed ok using just Arrcab on an Arrcab carrier.

Alain_F355
December 19th, 2008, 08:12
Thanks, I downloaded rcbcop to see what files where in it. I had some gauges from it. I deleted them and to make sure I also reinstalled Fsuipc and now it works again.

dhasdell
December 19th, 2008, 08:14
Good to hear. I like Arrcab for its simplicity.
:wavey:

Alain_F355
December 21st, 2008, 03:52
I tried some carrier landings today and the same problem has returned.:banghead:

Alain_F355
December 22nd, 2008, 12:57
Ok found it. Forgot that many carrier planes I use have gauges in their own panel folder. So I had to delete the gauges or edit the .CFG's in every panel folder to get rid of Rcbcop gauges. Now it finally works.:mixedsmi:

Alain_F355
December 23rd, 2008, 05:50
Arrcab 2.6 fixes everything without having to change gauges etc. On Flightsim 2.6 was in the FSX section so I thought 2.53 was the latest version for FS9. Could have saved me a lot of time if I knew that earlier:costumes: