PDA

View Full Version : PA ANG A-10 "BLACKHOGS"

skyhawka4m
January 18th, 2012, 05:35
Finally getting back to this repaint....its almost done some tweaking of the blackhogs on the engines as IRIS did an odd split on the paint kit right in the middle of the engine nacelle. which is making the markings hard to line up.

Felixthreeone
January 18th, 2012, 07:13
Looking forward to this, for obvious reasons :salute:

Thunderbolt
January 18th, 2012, 07:15
nice color settings :applause:

Barnes
January 18th, 2012, 07:37
Good work

Im sure paint kits are not designed by repainters!!

skyhawka4m
January 18th, 2012, 09:56
Looking forward to this, for obvious reasons :salute:

Matt......I'm looking for a good shot of the ladder door art that went with this plane. Also any door art that might have been on other PA birds as I want to do a possible two more PA birds using the different styles they had on the gray birds, and I'm also hoping to do a green one with the keystone on the engines.

RobH
January 18th, 2012, 10:19
Have you been here? http://warthognews.blogspot.com/

skyhawka4m
January 18th, 2012, 10:51
Yep....I have it as a bookmark...love that site...always some cool stuff there. There's a facebook page of door art but they use watermarks and ruin the pictures. As a photographer I understand the watermark thing to a point but some sites have really gone to fair and I don't even bother using them anymore.

Felixthreeone
January 18th, 2012, 14:59
I have a large # of kodachromes of that particular aircraft...not sure if any have the ladder door open, though. I will have to look and see, but i probably wont have a chance until this weekend...

PilatusTurbo
January 19th, 2012, 04:11
Hell, I'm not even from PA, but I think I'd like flying this awesome paint. Very nice, Skyhawk. :ernae: