PDA

View Full Version : Warbirdsim P-51D Repaint - Bob Hoover's "Rockwell International"

rgatkinson
January 18th, 2012, 02:33
Circa 1975...

Still a work in progress, several more tweaks to do and haven't done the alpha or specular maps yet but I think it's looking promising. May be ready for upload this coming weekend or shortly thereafter.

Taff.

skyhawka4m
January 18th, 2012, 03:22
:applause:

modelr
January 18th, 2012, 08:37
:applause::applause::jump::jump:

Yes, thank you.

Bob Hoover's "Ole Yeller" Mustang is as much an icon of the type as Lefty Gardner's "White Lightning" was to the P-38. (Still very much saddened when Red Bull didn't keep the original paint scheme.)

Daveroo
January 18th, 2012, 08:46
one of my memories from my youngerdays...we were at reno and they pulled this mustang down the flightline past the crowd with two horses....i have no idea if the horses were truley "mustangs" but i remember the announcer saying they were tamed wild mustangs from the nevada desert.....coulda been a line of bull.....but was pretty memerable...

about the redbull guy ...its really a shame he does all his planes in that polished aluminum or "chromed" look...but it is his trademark....the polished aluminum can with red and blue artwork for the redbull logo on the drink cans..and race cars...ect....but shame he doesnt see the historic side of things.....one the other way of looking at things...he will pass away someday..and maybe someone else will get his collection and "do the right thing"?

crashaz
January 18th, 2012, 15:29
Sweet... saw that plane at Deer Valley and then later Falcon Field in the 70s in Phoenix.:applause:

Eoraptor1
January 18th, 2012, 15:59
Circa 1975...

Still a work in progress, several more tweaks to do and haven't done the alpha or specular maps yet but I think it's looking promising. May be ready for upload this coming weekend or shortly thereafter.

Taff.

Thank you for this. I was hoping someone would do a good racer skin for this A/C. I don't really care for the MS P-51.

JAMES

rgatkinson
January 26th, 2012, 01:51
Finally got her finished and have uploaded her to the library.

Taff.

SkippyBing
January 26th, 2012, 02:42
about the redbull guy ...its really a shame he does all his planes in that polished aluminum or "chromed" look...but it is his trademark....the polished aluminum can with red and blue artwork for the redbull logo on the drink cans..and race cars...ect....but shame he doesnt see the historic side of things.....one the other way of looking at things...he will pass away someday..and maybe someone else will get his collection and "do the right thing"?

I'd imagine he's getting paid a load of sponsership from Red Bull to paint them that way which means he can actually afford to fly the things rather than keep them in a dusty old hangar somewhere. I know the Sea Vixen over here was in Red Bull colours for a number of years as it was the only way they could afford the insurance to display her.