PDA

View Full Version : CFS3 ETO Fly in Formation

airfighter55
January 18th, 2012, 01:37
Hallo Fighters,

I have seen a screenshot of CFS3 ETO with aircrafts in a special near by formation ( one after another can dive down ) Very very nice!

Do you have an idea to manage this ? Is it possible to install change of files perhaps in a xdp folder ? Or in another place of the mainfolder ?

Would be very grateful for advice !

All the best
airfighter55 :salute::medals:

Led Zeppelin
January 18th, 2012, 02:23
There is a word document that describe all different formations types for aircrafts, ships and vehicules but I don't remember where.

Pat Pattle
January 18th, 2012, 03:22
If it's in a mission you can change the spacing of the aircraft in the mission builder or by editing the .xml

The default spacing is 1.0, try making it 0.8, 0.7 or 0.6. However in cfs3 the aircaft are programmed not to get too close to each other so if you make the number too small the aircraft will bounce around all over the place!

These Hurricanes are spaced at 0.6 if I remember rightly

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/Pat_Pattle/ETO-BoB.jpg

airfighter55
January 18th, 2012, 06:31
Thank you much!

Which xml or word document I have to change. Is it possible without mission builder ??

Would be grateful for your advice !

airfighter55 :salute::medals:

Pat Pattle
January 18th, 2012, 21:25
Which xml or word document I have to change. Is it possible without mission builder ??

No, you don't need the Mission Builder it can be done in the .xml file inside your 'Missions' folders.

Look for OffsetScaleFactor and change the value. Make sure you leave all the " and = and <> synmols exactly where they are! I think that if the spacing is left at Default then this entry will not be in the file so you will have to add it in manually and exactly as it is written here.

<AirFormation ID="6014" Directive="cap" Country="Britain" Skill="3" FormType="echelonright" OffsetScaleFactor="0.6">
<Unit ID="9350" Type="ai_huri_friendly" Skill="3"/>
<Unit ID="9351" Type="ai_huri_friendly" Skill="3"/>
<Unit ID="9352" Type="ai_huri_friendly" Skill="3"/>
<Unit ID="9353" Type="ai_huri_friendly" Skill="3"/>
<Unit ID="9354" Type="ai_huri_friendly" Skill="3"/>
<Unit ID="9355" Type="ai_huri_friendly" Skill="3"/>
<Unit ID="9356" Type="ai_huri_friendly" Skill="3"/>
<Unit ID="9357" Type="ai_huri_friendly" Skill="3"/>
<Route ID="5026">