PDA

View Full Version : MilViz F-15E or IRIS F-15?

rayhere48
January 16th, 2012, 10:50
I can only purchase one right now, so I was just wondering what F-15 to buy. I am looking for feed back from both sides. Thanks for any advise.

strykerpsg
January 16th, 2012, 11:18
I think to get any answer you're looking for, what, aside from price are you seeking in the one you want to buy? Though both same airframe, both offer different things that make each one unique in it's own right. Are you looking for in depth avionics, Flyable missions, Eyecandy, Ctl-E start up, price, etc? Anyway, you will get a wide variety of replies, few unbiased so it will ultimately come down to what it is you're seeking. Also, cruise through all the threads started by both companies, to show their wares off and their attention to fixing what needs fixing. You will find many passionate viewpoints that all share a desire to have the biggest bang for the dollar.

I realize this didn't answer what you're seeking, but you asked a very vague question.

Milviz thread:Milviz F-15E Strike Eagle aka The "mudhen" released (Payware) (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?60034-Milviz-F-15E-Strike-Eagle-aka-The-mudhen-released-(Payware)) and Freeware Missions, AI Traffic and Airbases for MilViz F-15E (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?61894-Freeware-Missions-AI-Traffic-and-Airbases-for-MilViz-F-15E)

Iris thread: IRIS F-15E 'Mudhen Driver' WIP Thread (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?60313-IRIS-F-15E-Mudhen-Driver-WIP-Thread) and Official] IRIS - Platinum Series F-15E Mudhen Driver support

Matt

Barnes
January 16th, 2012, 11:19
I own both (purchased both on the day of launch) - at the moment i cant stop flying the iris version as everything seems to work on it with loads of nice features. Once Milviz sorts out the important update i may feel differently.

If you loved the Aerosoft F-16 - you'll love the Iris F-15.

JAllen
January 16th, 2012, 12:18
When you have one and see how it flies you 'll want to know how the other one works. I made plans for both and will fly both. Just waiting for FSPilotshop to get it together.

Jim

jeansy
January 16th, 2012, 13:02
I always wanted a 15 but I'm like many I'm not going to buy every version that hits market

After the failed c27 patch and the decsion back then to leave it as is and the poor state of support on thier forums, I elected to go the milviz package

Milviz have an outstanding track record for support which reflects in thier forums, which for me was one of th main influencing factors

Besides that I find the iris models cartoon-ish in the texture front and the names of their staff members and thier mates on the side on the paints is a turn off for me, noting those concerns I show very little interest in their models

While some may disagree, that's my choice and views why I didn't go with the iris model, I've been burnt and not keen on wasting money on something I won't be happy with

The milviz bird for me is great, it has excellent frame rates, excellent textures and etc etc etc, I'm more than confident with the sp it will only go forward

Where after past experiences with iris I honestly couldnt say the same

MenendezDiego
January 16th, 2012, 13:54
Dedication is when you have a fresh pizza sitting in the kitchen, with your favorite show on TV...and you're at the PC filming for the video! :icon_lol:

CodyValkyrie
January 16th, 2012, 13:56
Dedication is when you have a fresh pizza sitting in the kitchen, with your favorite show on TV...and you're at the PC filming for the video! :icon_lol:
HAHAHAH! Yes. You reminded me, I need to eat. O.o

Barnes
January 19th, 2012, 08:49
Im still enjoying both versions - both have plus points

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/2f15.jpg

peter12213
January 19th, 2012, 09:54
I don't have the Milviz version yet but I'm enjoying the Iris version alot it's really nice and pretty easy to use, however i would say that people with lower end systems might struggle to get good frames with the Iris version at present.

skyhawka4m
January 19th, 2012, 10:12
I actually don't have the best rig in town and with the option of textures....it helps ALOT! Thanks IRIS for this option!

DagR
January 19th, 2012, 10:23
Judging by the colour coding on the missiles, the shape of the external tanks and the contours of the fwd part of the CFTs it's pretty obvious who's the best researcher. I am extremely happy with my own choice ;-)

peter12213
January 19th, 2012, 11:20
I actually don't have the best rig in town and with the option of textures....it helps ALOT! Thanks IRIS for this option!

You know what your right, I just found those lol! :salute:

michael davies
January 19th, 2012, 11:26

Nice compo shot, but which is which?

Thunderbolt
January 19th, 2012, 11:47
I have both F-15E´s but the IRIS performs better on my PC.

keatles
January 19th, 2012, 11:50
Nice compo shot, but which is which?

Iris above, MilViz below

michael davies
January 19th, 2012, 12:02
Iris above, MilViz below

Much obliged, kinda guessed that from the little details, sure are some differences in basic shape and form of two identical models. Either ones too short, or the other too long, I suspect in sim both are the same length but the height to length ratio on one will be different, a common problem with some drawings around the net these days. No idea which is right or wrong, if either, or both, but there is a clear difference.

Barnes
January 19th, 2012, 12:59
Wow Michael - i never noticed as i had made one more distant than the other so i did not take much notice.

You are right - I'd say the noses are the most different.

michael davies
January 19th, 2012, 13:17
Wow Michael - i never noticed as i had made one more distant than the other so i did not take much notice.

You are right - I'd say the noses are the most different.

Its not just the noses, the canopy, spine, fast pack, fins and rear end around the elevons too, I've taken your shot and rescaled the lower one to the same length as the upper one, that way the length height ratio can be seen easier, if they're both the correct length then either one is too tall or the other too slim height wise.

JAllen
January 19th, 2012, 13:42
Thinking I like the sleeker look of the upper one but the lower is closer to real world as I compare them to actual photos on my desk top. Don't know if the actual photo is distorted. Some unbiased soul who has years on Eagle flightlines may have a better perspective seeing the duo in the sim. Did somebody work from actual construction drawings?

Jim

Barnes
January 19th, 2012, 13:47
Thinking I like the sleeker look of the upper one but the lower is closer to real world as I compare them to actual photos on my desk top. Don't know if the actual photo is distorted. Some unbiased soul who has years on Eagle flightlines may have a better perspective seeing the duo in the sim. Did somebody work from actual construction drawings?

Jim

I agree with you.

c87
January 19th, 2012, 13:50
That's interesting. Look at the differences in the dimension from the top of the intake to the canopy rail; the size of the lower missile platform on the conformal fuel tank and the ejection seats. I guess that's one way to compare models, if you're into the visual accuracy.

Barnes
January 19th, 2012, 14:05
Yes - the seat size sure varies

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/McDonnell-Douglas-F-15E/2041812/L/&sid=4a0008bc951418ea2e8f6323b3a6965a

Barnes
January 19th, 2012, 14:34
Bit of Welsh mountain flying

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/f15-1.jpg

dougal
January 19th, 2012, 14:37

Oh no!!!!

There I was, just thinking I'd FINALLY made up mind which one I was getting too:icon_lol:

flaviossa
January 19th, 2012, 14:41
Yes, i´m about to buy one for my hangar too ... and opened this topic to look for some help. Now i´m more confused than i was in the beginning! :icon_lol:

dougal
January 19th, 2012, 14:53
I think I was almost seconds away from pulling the trigger on the latter IRIS release before that :censored: pic arrived;-)

Now though, to be honest, at least from that pic, the shape and colours of the Milviz model look stunning.

It's all well and good for some folk to say "get both", but not all of us can.

michael davies
January 19th, 2012, 15:03

Jim

There shouldn't be any distortion, I suspect both were taken in sim but at different focal lengths but that will not alter the length height ratio, all I did was rescale the lower one, what got longer by 15% also got taller by 15%, the lower one is certainly more accurate in the tail area and conformal tank area. Regarding the noses, the sleek nose looks more F-14ish, yet the other more tubby, everyone sees shapes differently, to me, and this is my own gut feeling, neither look right, either may be technically and exactly right by the numbers, but I've found the sim tends to benefit models that are made to look right rather than exact replicas dimensionally, ie you bend a few bits here and there to obtain the 'character' of the subject. I'm not talking huge numbers, just an inch here or there can throw a whole different feel to a model.

People cannot measure pictures by eye, we don't have tape measures built into our optics, it would be cool if we did though LOL, people measure by proportion and reference/juxtaposition to other parts, and that makes it a personal 'image' in our minds and thus subjective :). I think a blend between the two nose/canopy sections would make me 'feel' it looked like a F-15. We cannot actually measure things in the sim, theres nothing tangible to measure, so we rely on the visual proportions to make us think its right, well I do anyway LOL.

Those who model in other genres will know what I'm talking about, especially model railroading, exact scale models sometimes fail to portray the 'presence' of the real thing, especially in the smaller scales 1:72 and smaller.

michael davies
January 19th, 2012, 15:07
I think I was almost seconds away from pulling the trigger on the latter IRIS release before that :censored: pic arrived;-)

Now though, to be honest, at least from that pic, the shape and colours of the Milviz model look stunning.

It's all well and good for some folk to say "get both", but not all of us can.

LOL, your best bet is to get the one that 'feels' right for you, I doubt there is a right or wrong choice, just personal preference. I think they both look very good, but there are differences.

flaviossa
January 19th, 2012, 15:09
I never saw an f15 in real life ... so for me it´s a bit harder to determine witch one represents best the real one. Not trying to go in the "mine is better than yours" thing, just a help to spend my money in the right place. I have planes from IRIS and Milviz and i´m happy with all of them. Less criptic posts like "ahhh, i bought the right one, look how it´s right" would help too! :salute:

Jetmechanic
January 19th, 2012, 15:09
IRIS F-15E the best one

michael davies
January 19th, 2012, 15:11
Yes - the seat size sure varies

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/McDonnell-Douglas-F-15E/2041812/L/&sid=4a0008bc951418ea2e8f6323b3a6965a

I believe the seats were addressed elsewhere, dimly recall that there are different types of seat, some up grade or something, hence the two types of seet seen.

Jon@FSXACO
January 19th, 2012, 15:33
The Milviz F-15, with SP I think is much better, as far as weapons systems, flight dynamics, and sound, the new sound included in the SP is just amazing. With a working Air to Air , and Air to ground radar, with cursor you can move around to select different air to air or air to ground targets, makes it fun to fly. Not only that all the weapons, that are selectable in the loadout screen work, AGM's GBU's Air to Air missiles. Not only that, the radar itself has different submodes, as well. It is a much more complete simulation of the F-15E. And even better part, is the weapons work in multiplayer, if you are so inclined you can fight against other Milviz F-15E owners, it's quite fun. Along with the great F-15 model itself, you also get scenery for the major F-15 bases around the world, and flyable mission to use the F-15E in anger.

The SP really brings a whole new airplane system wise to the already great Milviz F-15. It's the little things I like in the new flight model, like the wing buffet's when your speed gets low, and your AOA is high. When you add a lot of weapons to the F-15E, you can feel the weight of the weapons on the performance of the Mudhen. A clean loadout, and she screams through the sky, full loaded, down low in weeds, she can be a handful. And the new sound set is just amazing. Also a endorsement from a real world F-15E driver helps as well I think.

But alas to each their own, not everyone is going to agree on this subject, and there are some strong feelings on about both companies mudhens. But Milviz has a life long customer from me, just from the help and support of the milviz team, they provide some of the best customer service around.

But I also love Iris F-16d, and A-10. so to each their own.

Good Luck on the decision.
Jon Bailey

flaviossa
January 19th, 2012, 16:30
Thanks Jon! Your comments are really helpful! I heard that milviz version is harder in the fps, but i think it´s because all the system options and many features available. :salute:

Felixthreeone
January 19th, 2012, 16:55
I have made my decision, I think...

Matt Wynn
January 19th, 2012, 17:05
similar angle to the shots, just opposite facing;

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/images/f-15-e-00000019.jpg

the nose is actually quite sleek looking.... doesn't look tubby to my eye....

JAllen
January 19th, 2012, 17:13
Matt, it is not the same perspective. Your photo is from the rear looking down the nose. Like my photos, the perspective distorts the proportions.

Hey, I see the intake is tilted downward in your pic. F-15 has variable intake angles? "Vari-ramps" by any other name.

Jim

Matt Wynn
January 19th, 2012, 17:19
looking at the shaping and everything i'd say the IRIS bird is closer to the photo, perspectives look right....

just wondering here how do the 2 VC's compare to those that have both Mudhens?

Roadburner440
January 19th, 2012, 17:21
Air to air, and air to ground tutorials for the Milviz F-15 hot off the press. Enjoy.

Air to air: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyYdtNzYijI&context=C31e5809ADOEgsToPDskJwONyANBEFhSDVa0W9QchP

Air to ground: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wveFuRCo6W0&context=C3c48edeADOEgsToPDskJv1qGJjvFr85iWkPgfZ2cm

Skyhawk_310R
January 19th, 2012, 19:21
Allow me to please add ... if you want to conduct inflight refueling with an AI tanker who's boom will actually plug into your UARSSI recepticle and pump actual gas into your jet, which you confirm by referencing your cockpit fuel totalizer, then MilViz has that and far as I know the other does not. Oh, and you know you are plugged in because the boomer's voice tells you a split second after you hear the characteristic "plunk" sound of the coupling.

Cheers,

Ken

JAllen
January 19th, 2012, 21:13
LOL.

Barnes
January 19th, 2012, 21:41
just doing a cockpit comparison

dougal
January 20th, 2012, 04:17
just doing a cockpit comparison

Ooooh, yes please.

Nice and chrisp please

Barnes
January 20th, 2012, 07:48
Hi Dougal

Hope this helps. If you want a bigger image then download here ..... http://www.mediafire.com/?3wla9am7avd83s6
I actually enjoyed flying both to do the pics - its so hard to pic a favourite.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/f15cockpits.jpg

TAFKAM
January 20th, 2012, 08:12
Excually i didn't even wanted to post because of this little childrens bull****e.........but i prefer the Iris F-15E because it looks way better.......

And the eye point/head point in the MILVIZ VC is irritating.....

Hey Barnes could you show us a comparison with the VC in dusk and the interior lights on ...not to mention the backseat......thanks!

Barnes
January 20th, 2012, 08:20
Excually i didn't even wanted to post because of this little childrens bull****e.........but i prefer the Iris F-15E because it looks way better.......

Hey Barnes could you show us a comparison with the VC in dusk and the interior lights on ...not to mention the backseat......thanks!

Hi

Thank you for lowering yourself to this level of bull****e!!

As Milviz are in the middle of their fix - i feel that it would be unfair to show lighting. As i have said on other iris F15 threads, i think Iris have done a superb job on the light effects - better than the Aerosoft F16 IMHO.

TAFKAM
January 20th, 2012, 08:30
yeah sometimes you have to go with tha flow....... also for these kinda topics.....but lets keep it on F-15's instead of F-16.....

but even though its before release of their SP I still like to see that comparison.....and let other people be the judge of that instead of the squad of the "M"club...

MenendezDiego
January 20th, 2012, 08:32

How many F-15E's have you sat in? In all honesty, the eye point of the Iris F-15E makes it look like a 2D cockpit.

Barnes
January 20th, 2012, 08:33
This is interesting. I never lined up the first external comparison correctly so the versions were not seen at exactly the same angle.

I have taken more time to get the camera angle much the same for both at the same distance. Its now harder to tell the difference.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/Untitled-1copy-16.jpg

Naruto-kun
January 20th, 2012, 08:36
Cool it Diego. One thing (and this is partially eyepoint related) that IRIS did get right is the viewable area of the HUD. Ours is off by about 1.5-3 degrees vertically. KC and I are looking for ways to fix that.

MenendezDiego
January 20th, 2012, 08:37
I am not talking about 'viewable area'. I'm talking about the actual head position.

Barnes
January 20th, 2012, 08:38
and let other people be the judge of that instead of the squad of the "M"club...

Where is the "I" club? No one is stopping them from joining in. I must repeat that I am genuinely am happy to fly both and pleased with the investment and to support both devs. I believe the F15 to be Iris's finest yet.

TAFKAM
January 20th, 2012, 08:46
How many F-15E's have you sat in? In all honesty, the eye point of the Iris F-15E makes it look like a 2D cockpit. Anyone who has ever sat in an F-15E, especially with gear (i.e. sitting on a friggrn chute) knows that the Iris eye point is completely unrealistic.

Plus, if you don't like the eye point...CHANGE IT IN THE CFG OR ON THE FLY! That's what I had to do with the Iris bird.

Exactly how much real world experience do you have? Because you've done a lot of bitching over this eye point thing, even going as far as attacking me in a thread I MADE to support the Iris Eagle.

I am seconds away from never touching this stupid sim ever again, and it's because of people like you

Well excually the eye view of the VC of Iris is indeed REALISTIC! and how many times i sat in a F-15 i could say a 100 times but you wont even believe it....
By the way if you are capable to buy a TrackIR these views dont look like 2D... and you want me to buy a product and then have to change it all by myselfe?...in that case i want a better price for it because i have to finish a job they couldn't do...

And my real world experience is something that doesnt concern to you....
So you are seconds away of never touching this sim again...what, are you gonna play the poor boy/victim here, like i give a damn if your not gonna play it again....... Im just not gonna fly the MILVIZ F-15E period....

JAllen
January 20th, 2012, 08:46
Where is the "I" club? No one is stopping them from joining in. I must repeat that I am genuinely am happy to fly both and pleased with the investment and to support both devs. I believe the F15 to be Iris's finest yet.

Though I don't get the club reference, certainly agree with you Barnes.

skyhawka4m
January 20th, 2012, 08:49
Barnes....speaking as someone who would like to believe that he is part of the "i support iris" or the "I" squad I will say two things:

1. There have been a number of jabs thrown at the IRIS aircraft by folks who are very visible in the "M" squads thread as huge supporters of thier jet

2. As a member of the socalled "I" squad I take pride in knowing that I will not go to that forum/thread or anything to put down another product. As a matter of fact I am even considering getting the "M" squad jet myself just because I'm a nut like you are about buying new planes, but I won't do it until I know all the bugs of the release have been worked out.

You don't know how happy I was to be able to buy the IRIS bird, install it and be able to fly it, even if I did burn both engines out on my first burner pass!

:salute:

n4gix
January 20th, 2012, 08:53
and you want me to buy a product and then have to change it all by myselfe?...in that case i want a better price for it because i have to finish a job they couldn't do...

That's really a silly thing to say...

You do know that every pilot has to adjust their seat in the real, multi-million dollar aircraft, right? Why then would you think that you should not have to "adjust your seat" in a sim model?

Everyone has a slightly different preference for the eyepoint, so it is flatly impossible to satisfy everyone...

...which is of course why MS provided the keycommand sequences to "adjust the seat..."

Naruto-kun
January 20th, 2012, 09:08
Im just not gonna fly the MILVIZ F-15E period....

Your loss. Both jets have their strengths and weaknesses. As a developer on the Milviz jet I have been honest about the milviz weaknesses and have only spoken of the IRIS jet's strengths. Its up to you what you want to focus on. If i were to take a look at the weaknesses of the milviz jet from the point of a typical flightsimmer and not as a developer I would say either one is fun and the minor bugs in the milviz jet are seriously not game breakers.

And @skyhawka4m, the nasty snides have actually gone both ways. So....i think this fight of M vs I is really going to end either in a impasse or people are going to devour eachother. Guys, stop trying drive for someone who is in a moment of indecision to "join MY club and MY club ALONE". Post what you think is good and bad about your favourite. This goes for both sides. Then let the guy who cant decide choose what he wants based on his style of simming be it visuals, systems, or whatever balance to either side he wants.

dougal
January 20th, 2012, 09:13
That's really a silly thing to say...

You do know that every pilot has to adjust their seat in the real, multi-million dollar aircraft, right? Why then would you think that you should not have to "adjust your seat" in a sim model?

Everyone has a slightly different preference for the eyepoint, so it is flatly impossible to satisfy everyone...

...which is of course why MS provided the keycommand sequences to "adjust the seat..."

You could have taken the words from my mouth Bill. I think some folk have 'nowt' better to do though:icon_lol:

stovall
January 20th, 2012, 09:16
Thanks to Milviz and Iris for providing us two great F-15E's to fly. I purchased both and am really glad I did. Always been an F-15 fan so when they became available both were a must. Both products have many of the same great features. Each has some areas that they excel in. This is why I purchase both. Both have great support and if people can swing it get both. If you can't get both flip a coin because both are fantastic.

Barnes
January 20th, 2012, 09:22
This tread is actually healthy as no one is really having a go at the product they dont favour - but heralding their chosen product.

I feel as I own both I can highlight what is great about them and long may IRIS and Milviz continue to give us the "problem" of choice!! :salute:

michael davies
January 20th, 2012, 09:26

Wow, thats a mature response?.

Why is it we can never have a sensible dialogue that compares A with B these days?

michael davies
January 20th, 2012, 09:46
This is interesting. I never lined up the first external comparison correctly so the versions were not seen at exactly the same angle.

I have taken more time to get the camera angle much the same for both at the same distance. Its now harder to tell the difference.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/Untitled-1copy-16.jpg

Nice comparison, the lower one has a deeper nose at the windscreen base and the correct flat top to the intake (not the variable intake part) which reduces the amount of fuselage seen between the intake top and canopy rail, however the upper one is more correct with the upper part of the elevon support structure beam under the fin, it is one sweeping slightly curved upper surface, the lower has a pronounced fall off toward the rear, yet the lower one is more correct on the bottom section of this structure.

I'd buy both anyway....if I hadn't just blown all my Xmas bonus on machine tools for my 'other' hobby LOL.

TAFKAM
January 20th, 2012, 10:00
Wow, thats a mature response?.

Why is it we can never have a sensible dialogue that compares A with B these days?

Wow talking about late responding.... you just poohed ur panties?.......everybody is giving their opinion so i do too even if i have to go this low.....

@ JB a loss?...man i just realised i saved a lot of money!.....

stovall
January 20th, 2012, 10:08
This is a valuable thread to discuss both aircraft. The dialog should be kept to the plus and minus of the F-15E. Personal comments should be left out and will not be tolerated. Thanks for understanding.

Naruto-kun
January 20th, 2012, 10:20
correct me please if im wrong stovall. Isnt the post above yours the type that should be reported judging by the language directed to michael davies?

Barnes
January 20th, 2012, 10:25
Yes - i agree with you Naruto.

It would be a shame to close this tread down as im amazed at the number of people who have downloaded the VC comparision in a short space of time. It proves there is interest.

RKinkor
January 20th, 2012, 10:33
I agree cause I myself am trying to decide as well and with the negative sniping going on I'm just about to the point of not buying either one.

stovall
January 20th, 2012, 10:35
Naruto-kun and Barnes, that is exactly why I made the comment that I did. Personal comments will not be tolerated. Now let's get back to the plus's and minus's of the Iris and Milviz F-15E. This is a good thread for those trying to decide which to purchase if they can only buy one.

dougal
January 20th, 2012, 10:43
Well, after all the agony, I finally pulled the trigger on Milviz. Sadly, all I'm getting thus far are CTDs on loading it;-(

A bit of an anti-climax. I hope the guys there see my forum registration request. Don't know what happend to my previous Milviz forum registration. Did they all get wiped or something?

Naruto-kun
January 20th, 2012, 10:49
If you are getting CTDs then there is more than likely some module addon thats conflicting. I dont think i have seen ya in the forums but email Roadburner440(at)milviz(dot)com and he will get ya sorted. And once you are in....ill be waiting to help.

CTDs are not something I like to see although the system has been stable for pretty much everyone except some testers who have kept on running hordes of graphic tweak addons. Will deffo try to squash this one for ya.

stovall
January 20th, 2012, 10:55
Dougal95 and Naruto-kun, thanks for carrying on.

Dougal 95 as you can see the support from Milviz is fantastic. The same goes for Iris. Once in the Milviz forum a solution will be found I am confident of that. You will enjoy your choice.

dougal
January 20th, 2012, 10:57
Dougal95 and Naruto-kun, thanks for carrying on.

Dougal 95 as you can see the support from Milviz is fantastic. The same goes for Iris. Once in the Milviz forum a solution will be found I am confident of that. You will enjoy your choice.

Indeed, I've never doubted their support. I know it's always been great!

Will I get an email when I've been registered on the milviz forum? I guess I'll have to, in order to receive a password?

wombat666
January 20th, 2012, 11:09
Well excually the eye view of the VC of Iris is indeed REALISTIC! and how many times i sat in a F-15 i could say a 100 times but you wont even believe it....
By the way if you are capable to buy a TrackIR these views dont look like 2D... and you want me to buy a product and then have to change it all by myselfe?...in that case i want a better price for it because i have to finish a job they couldn't do...

And my real world experience is something that doesnt concern to you....
So you are seconds away of never touching this sim again...what, are you gonna play the poor boy/victim here, like i give a damn if your not gonna play it again....... Im just not gonna fly the MILVIZ F-15E period....

TAKFAM: Consider this your first and final warning, continue posting in this vein and you will be in trouble.
:173go1:

Naruto-kun
January 20th, 2012, 11:30
Indeed, I've never doubted their support. I know it's always been great!

Will I get an email when I've been registered on the milviz forum? I guess I'll have to, in order to receive a password?

afaik you should.

Unfortunately i was away when Colin responded my question about your registration which btw will be dealt with but he also said that you bought just the SP and not the original. Im not involved with the installation compilations so im still a bit in the dark as to what is happening but i will get back with more info asap. For now he said you need to return it and get the original and Ill get you a link asap. It seems it is missing some files which without them you will have CTDs.

michael davies
January 20th, 2012, 11:36
afaik you should.

Unfortunately i was away when Colin responded my question about your registration which btw will be dealt with but he also said that you bought just the SP and not the original. Im not involved with the installation compilations so im still a bit in the dark as to what is happening but i will get back with more info asap. For now he said you need to return it and get the original and Ill get you a link asap. It seems it is missing some files which without them you will have CTDs.

Ohh the joys of patches!, I feel for you there, been through some tough ones myself with my previous products, you fix one thing and it breaks another, keep at it, I always found a deep sense of satisfaction once the issue was resolved.

Kindest Michael

Naruto-kun
January 20th, 2012, 11:38
@dougal95

just for the record, is your username on the milviz forums just straight Dougal?

And michael yes it has been quite a game of whack-a-mole.

dougal
January 20th, 2012, 11:44
afaik you should.

Ow 'eck I'm gettin confussed. Now registered there, but can't see an F15 section on the Milviz forum.

When I purchased the F15, I ended up with TWO exe files; the beta (which Ithought was the SP update) and what appears to be the correct F1 installer, called: Milviz_F-15E

That suggests to me, that I can simply remove all trace of beta insstallation, and start again with what I have?

The beta doesn't appear to have created an uninstallation routine, so it will have to be manually though.

EDIT: No, of course I can't. F1 installer want's me to pay again. Okay, will get refund and start again!

I WILL get this bird;-)

flaviossa
January 20th, 2012, 11:46
Naruto-kun,
Reading with atention this and other topics in other foruns i´m very inclined to go with the milviz plane. But as it´s a public information, a patch is inbound. So i´m going to wait for the updated plane. Is there any information about release time of it?

Thanks for the many explanations you gave in all the forums. :salute:
And thanks for all the others with constructive information. Very helpful!

Naruto-kun
January 20th, 2012, 11:47
The F-15 forums are under the Completed Milviz projects. If a reinstall doesnt solve things ill get back to you with the info from KC.

@flaviossa we are aiming for this end of weekend but im not banking on it entirely cuz we have proved to be terrible at dates thanks to Moles law. Most of the patch fixes are merely texture related stuff with some gauge and hopefully a possible weapon system fix.

dougal
January 20th, 2012, 11:57
Okay thanks guys. It seems I can now post at Milvits, so it's probably best I take this there now.

Thanks guys

dougal
January 20th, 2012, 14:51
I thought it only reasonable to swing by and report back my results...

I still haven't had a chance to fly this baby yet, as I had some problems at my end. It would however, be remiss of me not say how impressed AND grateful I am for the outstanding support I've had for most of the night, from the guys at Milviz.

I'm not a 'fanboy' of ANYONE, and I hate the bad vibes that sometimes spring from these kind of threads, but I must say that the kind of persistent help given to get my F15 functional, was above and beyond the call of duty. Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

I just got too tired to fly in the end, so now look forward to a mission or two tomorrow;-)

stovall
January 20th, 2012, 15:24
Dougal95, I like to think of SOH, the developer of payware and freeware all as partners. We work together to solve problems and offer help to each other. Glad you got things sorted out. Best not to fly an F-15E when you are tired. You never know what might happen.

Kiwikat
January 20th, 2012, 15:50
The first dev to make a "C" will get my money.

In the meantime if I want to fly fast I'll just keep using the VRS F-18. It is still the best military jet simulation for MSFS. :mixedsmi:

Naruto-kun
January 21st, 2012, 08:57
The first dev to make a "C" will get my money.

In the meantime if I want to fly fast I'll just keep using the VRS F-18. It is still the best military jet simulation for MSFS. :mixedsmi:

Yeh yeh the charlie will pick up soon mate....:icon_lol: Unfortunately due to events with the E I have been ordered to keep details of development progress underground on the pain of being severely chewed out....

MenendezDiego
January 21st, 2012, 09:07
An update for anyone still on the bench regarding the Milviz F-15E...just finished speaking with my instructor (former F-15A/B/C/D/E pilot), and he was really impressed with the F-15E avionics/weapons system.

This guy ended his USAF career as a Lt. Col. flying F-15E's out of Robins, doing test and eval of refurbished F-15E's...he knows his stuff, and it shows the quality of our product that he didn't mention one thing wrong that we did.

Regards, Diego

n4gix
January 21st, 2012, 09:28
EDIT: No, of course I can't. F1 installer want's me to pay again. Okay, will get refund and start again!

Dougal, I know that you know this by now, but just for the record and the possible benefit of others:

There is never a need to "get a refund and repurchase" when using the 'Flight1' system!

1. You download the installer package from the Milviz dedicated server.
2. You run the installer .exe and make the initial purchase via the 'Flight1' system.
3. From now on, if you download an updated version from the Milviz dedicated server, you need only use the "Reinstall" option from the 'Flight1' installer menu using your existing key file for validation purposes.

Note that the 'Flight1' system is mostly "Self-Service" meaning that you can easily and quickly get a replacement key should you manage to somehow loose yours, change your account to a "keyless system" if you prefer, and a host of other options. If you need personalized service, then the "Support Ticket" system is there to be used as well.

neutrino
January 21st, 2012, 10:42
I like the IRIS F-15 HUD :icon_lol:

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss333/neutrino2009/339602_10150433386892416_56985552415_8551092_17158 75442_o_hd1.jpg

Naruto-kun
January 21st, 2012, 11:15
Yeah that is one of the things they did do better.

TAFKAM
January 21st, 2012, 11:29
I think your observations are incorrect, the 1 on the left is the real thing the 1 on the right is IRIS....

And on the external models the IRIS bird looks correct from ANY angle, while the MILVIZ is off and only looks good on a few angles AND the IRIS bird has better FPS and more functionalities in the front AND the Back seat...

MenendezDiego
January 21st, 2012, 11:52
Hey TAFKAM,

Nice observations. I own the Iris bird, and was wondering if it can do aerial refueling. I was flying the Mach Loop with it last night, and before I knew it, I was on my 4th lap and running low on gas. I realize I could have gone RTB, but meh...a tanker is more challenging. Also, what functionality does the air-to-air and air-to-ground radar have? I haven't had the time to dig through the manual yet, what with a full time school/work schedule, and working on the SP for the Milviz bird. You know how busy we can get at times. But yea, can you point me to some information on how to use the radars in the Iris bird? Also, which modes are implemented in the air-to-air radar? I'm also having a hard time finding the different air-to-ground modes. It seems all I am able to do is CDIP. Who would want to drop a GBU-12 without guidance, am I right? By the way, love the gun sound. It's spot on! In short, I really need help with the systems, as I can't seem to actually shoot anything down/designate any ground targets, yet there are weapons which can be fired...I'm confused.

Oh I almost forgot, which functionalities does the Iris bird have in the back seat which the Milviz bird doesn't. I'm only asking because...well honestly...I never spent any time in the back seat! lol

All the best, Diego!

TAFKAM
January 21st, 2012, 11:58
Well, to talk more about observations....you can put weapons on a toilet, but its still a toilet right?!..

MenendezDiego
January 21st, 2012, 12:02
TAFKAM,

What harsh words! I was simply asking for your assistance seeing as you are one of the leading Iris F-15E experts. I am sorry if I upset you.

Your words are very disrespectful, many people have put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into the Milviz F-15E. To hear you say that, well, it makes me lose faith in this hobby.

Moderators, I believe TAFKAM was warned about his insulting ways? I believe he should be banned.

Regards, Diego

Edit: I understand asking for TAFKAM to be banned is a bit much, but he was openly (and I assume privately) warned.

TAFKAM
January 21st, 2012, 12:05
Hey..... dont try to turn this around or accussing me of insulting, i didnt mention anything about MILVIZ i was just making a general observation......by the way its FSX not CFS...

MenendezDiego
January 21st, 2012, 12:09
I am not turning anything, you insulted myself and the Milviz team.

I understand FSX is not CFS, though there are many people who enjoy being able to deploy a great number of systems in their addon aircraft, including weapons.

I remember a certain company mentioning they are going to implement TacPack, perhaps you should make them aware that 'FSX is not CFS'.

I commend VRS for what they are doing for the simulator.

Diego

TAFKAM
January 21st, 2012, 12:13
Diego if you are trying to get personal, wich you are so you can get me banned in a sort of way.....i never insulted MILVIZ these are your words and if if you feel insulted well im sorry........

Isnt this the threat for the costumers to deside instead of the developers?......i dont see IRIS coming in and say anything...

Regards.....

MenendezDiego
January 21st, 2012, 12:15
I am not an employee of Milviz, I am simply a freelance tester.

And you did insult myself and the Milviz staff for the hard work that was put into the aircraft: "you can put weapons on a toilet, but its still a toilet right?!.."

Or was that directed at Iris?

Diego

stovall
January 21st, 2012, 12:16
TAFKAM, your comments are insulting and provocative. The reference to the toilet is to much for me. I am referring this to the senior administrator for action.

Guys lets take this back to the positive side of comparison.

RKinkor
January 21st, 2012, 12:16
I agree cause I myself am trying to decide as well and with the negative sniping going on I'm just about to the point of not buying either one.Congratulatations to both TAFKAM and Diego you guys just saved me 40 some odd dollars. Do to your attitudes I am going to buy neither of them...seriously. I apologize if this offends people other than who it is intended for.

MenendezDiego
January 21st, 2012, 12:19
Congratulatations to both TAFKAM and Diego you guys just saved me 40 some odd dollars. Do to your attitudes I am going to buy neither of them...seriously. I apologize if this offends people other than who it is intended for.

Sorry you feel that way, but when someone makes incorrect comments about 'systems', well I cannot let that stand. We have worked too hard and too long to have someone make incorrect statements about our aircraft.

If you want to get deep into systems, go for the Milviz bird. If you're looking for an excellent cockpit/exterior environment with some nice bonuses (nozzle noise, excellent gun sound, very nice HUD) go for the Iris bird. As I have said, I own both, and love them equally.

Regards, Diego

svicar
January 21st, 2012, 13:35
Enough of the childishness already....

As for myself, I picked up the Milviz model. I have purchased a couple of Iris aircraft in the past and, generally speaking have been very pleased with my purchases. The reason I went with the Milviz offering in this particular case was I was looking for a package that looked great and had a fair amount of depth with regards to systems.

One point I want to make perfectly clear right from the start: I am not an advocat/employee/"fanboy" of either company.

The last aircraft I purchased from Iris was their F22 Raptor and although I was pretty satisfied, I was somewhat disappointed with the lack of system depth and was annoyed by the message "Sorvius and Spanky woz ere '11" on the UFC when the DVR button was selected. I thought their A-10 was a work of art but again, it seemed to me to lack any depth, system wise.

So how is the Milviz package you may ask? I've found it to be closer to the VRS Superbug in terms of system detail than most other payware birds I have purchased, (and I have a small fortunes worth of payware military aircraft). The manual is over 500 pages, the ground and air radars are fully functional, the weapons deploy, and the ai tanker is a welcome addition. It's also great to see ground blasts and ai aircraft damage included. Although challenging to operate, it is very satisfying when you get the hang of it. They have also released a free scenery pack which includes several airbases, ai traffic and missions. All this at a price somewhat less than the Iris package.

The only drawback is that there are a number of issues which need to be fixed, and Milviz is close to releasing a sevice patch adressing these, but it has been my experience almost all payware releases have post initial release issues. As far as I've read, the Iris package has post release issues they are dealing with as well.

I'm sure the Iris bird is a great offering and will no doubt provide many hours of enjoyment for those who purchase it. As for myself, I had some specific criteria and because of their reputation for authentic systems function as well as quality modeling and textureing, I chose the Milviz package.

With regard to all those who feel compelled to engage in a juvenile "my toy is better than your toy" diatribe, go away and come back when you've grown up. Both models are exceptional and all FSX military enthusiasts are well served by both choices.

b52bob
January 21st, 2012, 14:19

With regard to all those who feel compelled to engage in a juvenile "my toy is better than your toy" diatribe, go away and come back when you've grown up. Both models are exceptional and all FSX military enthusiasts are well served by both choices.

+1

Bob

fox18delta
January 21st, 2012, 14:23

As for myself, I picked up the Milviz model. I have purchased a couple of Iris aircraft in the past and, generally speaking have been very pleased with my purchases. The reason I went with the Milviz offering in this particular case was I was looking for a package that looked great and had a fair amount of depth with regards to systems.

One point I want to make perfectly clear right from the start: I am not an advocat/employee/"fanboy" of either company.

The last aircraft I purchased from Iris was their F22 Raptor and although I was pretty satisfied, I was somewhat disappointed with the lack of system depth and was annoyed by the message "Sorvius and Spanky woz ere '11" on the UFC when the DVR button was selected. I thought their A-10 was a work of art but again, it seemed to me to lack any depth, system wise.

So how is the Milviz package you may ask? I've found it to be closer to the VRS Superbug in terms of system detail than most other payware birds I have purchased, (and I have a small fortunes worth of payware military aircraft). The manual is over 500 pages, the ground and air radars are fully functional, the weapons deploy, and the ai tanker is a welcome addition. It's also great to see ground blasts and ai aircraft damage included. Although challenging to operate, it is very satisfying when you get the hang of it. They have also released a free scenery pack which includes several airbases, ai traffic and missions. All this at a price somewhat less than the Iris package.

The only drawback is that there are a number of issues which need to be fixed, and Milviz is close to releasing a sevice patch adressing these, but it has been my experience almost all payware releases have post initial release issues. As far as I've read, the Iris package has post release issues they are dealing with as well.

I'm sure the Iris bird is a great offering and will no doubt provide many hours of enjoyment for those who purchase it. As for myself, I had some specific criteria and because of their reputation for authentic systems function as well as quality modeling and textureing, I chose the Milviz package.

A nice comparison and well said. I have both and enjoy what the developers at both shops bring to FSX.
Whatever my intentions at purchase time, my busiest FSX jets are the ones that give me the best frame rates in the widest range of FSX scenery.
Systems depth and all the other cool features these developers bring us are fantastic.
But for simplicity sake, flight model, textures, cockpits and frame rates, I love Milviz' T-38 ! Based on that wonderful product I hope Milviz brings us a range of other non-glass cockpit beasts like the T-33, F-100, F-101 and F-105.
I know they would rock any of those projects ! Wow.
paul

Skyhawk_310R
January 21st, 2012, 14:52
Congratulatations to both TAFKAM and Diego you guys just saved me 40 some odd dollars. Do to your attitudes I am going to buy neither of them...seriously. I apologize if this offends people other than who it is intended for.

This is, of course, your right to do as you please with your hard earned money. But, may I kindly ask where Diego has in any way replied in kind to the unfortunate and intemperate comments of this one person TAFKAM?

Cheers,

Ken

stovall
January 21st, 2012, 15:55
Thanks for pointing that out Ken, Diego not been a part of the problem we hope has been corrected in this thread. Not buying either of these to great aircraft only deprives that person of some real enjoyment. Both have given me real pleasure not only of flying them but comparing the two on all the points discussed here. The knowledge of the F-15E shown in this thread is awesome. Hope RKinkor reconsiders for his sake. Thanks to all for your input.

skyhawka4m
January 21st, 2012, 16:33
I do find it interesting that as soon as some one from the "I" crowd makes a snid comment towards the "M" team bird that we get our panties in a bunch. Seems to me the "M" team has been biding for this since the "I" team delivered their bird.....actually even before they released it. I think with careful reading of all threads in SOH referring to either aircraft you will find that there have been many comments indirectly or directly aimed at the "I" team bird and no one cried that some one should be banned. Its truly sad that it seems some grown men on this forum don't have a back bone and have to cry to the Mod's to have them banned...this has once again reinforced my stance of not longer supporting one of the "teams" with my hard earned money.

All that said I'm sure someon will cry foul at my rant but I'm so tired of the BS going on about both of these jets. Can we delete this thread entirely and maintain our comments on each of the TEAM's threads and keep them on their own jets and stop the toyish comments and jabs just to get under someones skin. I have seem some people herre and suprised by their comments........truly sad situation we have here.....make me wonder also why I'm in this hobby.

VCN-1
January 21st, 2012, 16:37
This thread reminds me of an Alphasim topic.

VCN-1

strykerpsg
January 21st, 2012, 16:40
I do find it interesting that as soon as some one from the "I" crowd makes a snid comment towards the "M" team bird that we get our panties in a bunch. Seems to me the "M" team has been biding for this since the "I" team delivered their bird.....actually even before they released it. I think with careful reading of all threads in SOH referring to either aircraft you will find that there have been many comments indirectly or directly aimed at the "I" team bird and no one cried that some one should be banned. Its truly sad that it seems some grown men on this forum don't have a back bone and have to cry to the Mod's to have them banned...this has once again reinforced my stance of not longer supporting one of the "teams" with my hard earned money.

:icon_lol: Really? Shocked!

I do agree 100% that both camps fanboy's have taken this so far out of proportion that it's beyond comical and seriously deteriorates all the hard work both devolopers have put into their labors of love. I think in all fairness, both threads shold be locked until a mature forum can arise for both birds.

skyhawka4m
January 21st, 2012, 16:41
:icon_lol: Really? Shocked!

I do agree 100% that both camps fanboy's have taken this so far out of proportion that it's beyond comical and seriously deteriorates all the hard work both devolopers have put into their labors of love. I think in all fairness, both threads shold be locked until a mature forum can arise for both birds.

I agree...

stovall
January 21st, 2012, 16:55
Looks like the comparison of the aircraft in question has run its course. Consider the thread locked.