PDA

View Full Version : Rising Sun Development Notes

rbp71854
January 16th, 2012, 02:44
Work continues on theaters under construction. The Sino theater is the area that I am concentrating on at this time. Work is adding additional lakes and major rivers to the theater. There is a major elevation riff in the theater which I will be working on to fix. After the lakes and rivers are completed major roads and railroads will be added to the theater. I have found some detailed maps of selected cities and have overlayed them onto the base topos. This requires some tweaking of the existing water bodies and adding new ones in the area. The screenies show an overview of the theater and the zoomed in area of Hankow.

The plan is later this year to finalize the PNG theater shorelines and elevations.

Bob

Led Zeppelin
January 16th, 2012, 08:34
wow!

Animal
January 17th, 2012, 12:05
Big job! Keep up the good work:icon29:

gecko
January 17th, 2012, 13:28
Wow, this is going to be really impressive when it's finished.

gaw
January 17th, 2012, 15:21
good on ya!

HouseHobbit
January 17th, 2012, 19:10
Amazing!!
A Great Job to say the least..
BRAVO!!
:salute: :salute: :salute:

rbp71854
January 31st, 2012, 04:25
I have completed about 3 additional cities since my latest posting. I am presently working on the Shanghai area. Have finished the major river and harbor area and am now moving on to doing the lessor streams and canals that run through the city. I have one more major city to do on the mainland (I do not have detailed topos for all cities) and then I will be working on Formosa island. I have about 15 detailed city harbor and airfield topos for Formosa.

The following are wip screenies of Shanghai while I was working on the major River.

Bob

Human Drone
January 31st, 2012, 05:23
You guys freakin' well amaze me...! :salute: :icon29: I can hardly find the time to fly, and y'all are remaking the world!

Good job!

dewoitine
January 31st, 2012, 10:27
Really good job ! We are in a geography's map ! :medals:

rbp71854
March 1st, 2012, 06:36
I keep nudging RS along. Been adding additional rivers, lakes and adjusting ocean shorelines to the sino theater. Have completed adjusting shorelines around harbors, major cities, and airfields by use of detailed topos. Essentially the water work is completed and I weill now begin getting the detailed topos into the sim as was done in the pearl theater. Still have some elevation work to do in the sino and then roads, shipping lanes, and RRs vectors.

By end of March no matter how far along I am with the sino theater I will be moving over to updating the elevations and shorelines of the PNG theater.

First screenie shows fish ponds on Formosa.

p.s. All water is navigateable. :)

Bob

KellyB
March 1st, 2012, 08:07
jeezzz! This has a lot in common with terraforming!

It is terrific that there are those of you with the talent and perseverance to create this whole other world of CFS3.

Thank you all.

rocketred
March 1st, 2012, 08:15
this will be amazing and hoping win7 i can wait for the update and try with firestorm to get in proplerly ....

the reason im thinking this will be fannnnntastic is your skill level based on what your real life duties are, imho your very detailed and good with 3d in your head , meaning you can see ahead the picture and tools ...well in advance so yes your a wonder maker and creator

thanks

clap - many tks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heAw4z71lvo&feature=related

Led Zeppelin
March 1st, 2012, 08:57
p.s. All water is navigateable. :)

amazing!

middle
March 1st, 2012, 09:36
What LedZep said both times!!!

rocketred
March 1st, 2012, 11:20
led might be on the upper level of a happy moment in time , caused by the issue of vapour or liquid

lol

joshua

rbp71854
March 13th, 2012, 05:27
Work continues. Have completed all the water work on china and formosa. Have been concentrating on formosa. Have all the available on-line detailed topos of airfields, harbors and major areas of interest by the USAAF during WWII.

The detailed topos were created by the Army Mapping Service from aerials and are of potential targets by the Allies. The topos will need some tweaking as once they are exported from Global Mapper they are affected by the curvature of the earth when placed into the square CFS3 engine.

Have been working on creating the RRs and some roads on Formosa. Have also begun placing some quick combat ground attack items into the GL. Have run the ai pathing process and have successfully had spawns generated for rail traffic.

The following are screen shots of the Takao Harbor area and railtraffic spawned in qc. Note the train tracks running down the street.

Bob

rocketred
March 13th, 2012, 08:29
your more detailed than my wife /////

= great work

joshua

Led Zeppelin
March 13th, 2012, 09:05
RS world is getting populated little by little, amazing stuff!