PDA

View Full Version : Help Please on contach points

Marvin Carter
December 18th, 2008, 20:05
Is there a Tutorial on how to ajust contack points, and what the number intries mean. Help please Guys!!!
And thanks!!!

Marvin Carter

Lionheart
December 18th, 2008, 20:13
Hey Marvin,

The basics are that the first three entries are Z, X, and Y. Y is Height, Z is longitudinal, and X is width...

Then, from there, find some dirt to taxi in, set up your FS to have 'aircraft reload' (perhaps use Control/Shift/R like us developers), so that you can continuously reload your plane to check its progress.

Next, taxi, study the dust fly, and reset your contact points.

Some people, like famous guru Milton Shupe, use a Nav Light in the same location to track the point of the contact location, moving it until its right where it should be. Then delete the light when you are done, having moved the Z, X, Y locations from the light locations for each contact point.

For visibility on 'height', use a hard runway, such as Seattle/Tacoma, and set time of day for dusk with the sun still partially up. This creates a brilliant side shadow that will show just how high your tires are from the ground, touching, hovering, etc. I always sink them down in the pavement an inch for a bit of realism.

Hope that helps.

Bill

dogknot
December 18th, 2008, 20:47
This might help...

Contact Points 101 for Compleat Idiots
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=articles&page=cp

Marvin Carter
December 18th, 2008, 21:22
Thanks I knew I could count on you Guys. your the greates!!!

Marvin Carter

Tom Clayton
December 18th, 2008, 21:46
And now for the second semester...

Jerry Beckwith did a nice little pdf that sheds light on compression and damping. I refer to it when I have issues I can't figure out.

Edit - right-click and save to your desktop...