PDA

View Full Version : Please keep those donations coming!

Roger
January 15th, 2012, 13:23
We're at 81% as I type this and to all those who have donated already a big thank you!:applause: To all those who haven't yet donated please try and find a few Pounds, Dollars, Euros or what ever your local currency is to keep both SOH servers going.
The bill has to be paid by the 28th Jan or we could lose one of our servers, so please send what you can!
If you're a regular visitor and enjoy what we have to offer here then why not join and send a little something our way? We are determined, if if at all possible to keep our site advert free, so we are beholden to no one!

Thank you,

Roger.

Roger
January 15th, 2012, 14:33
:bump:

papab
January 15th, 2012, 16:33

Roger
January 15th, 2012, 22:54

jeansy
January 16th, 2012, 00:24
but after chatting with another member the other night, it got me thinking, all though not all would agree on this, and i know many already do

it would be nice to see the payware developers donate, a lot of the times they come here to promote their products and just leave without engaging in any other conversations

I know that the regulars do donate and engage chit chat, but there are still a few that dont and just advertise their product

maybe for a payware developer his product thread can become a sticky a longer period ie 3-4wks if he/she donates, while the others remain a normal thread or a shorter period ie 5-7 days as a sticky?

just throwing it out there for a thought

hey_moe
January 16th, 2012, 03:29
We brought that up in another thread and also asked them would they mind making a donation. It's to bad some have not helped us out.It is a shame for a company to reap the profits of our members but refuse to help them when needed. Maybe in time things will change.I don't like asking are members for money but I can't afford to pay that whole bill myself. In the past it usually ends up that the staff picks up the last half which really isn't right either. I set up a contest in the Newshawk for the ones who are stone broke like me.
but after chatting with another member the other night, it got me thinking, all though not all would agree on this, and i know many already do

it would be nice to see the payware developers donate, a lot of the times they come here to promote their products and just leave without engaging in any other conversations

I know that the regulars do donate and engage chit chat, but there are still a few that dont and just advertise their product

maybe for a payware developer his product thread can become a sticky a longer period ie 3-4wks if he/she donates, while the others remain a normal thread or a shorter period ie 5-7 days as a sticky?

just throwing it out there for a thought

jeansy
January 16th, 2012, 03:42
We brought that up in another thread and also asked them would they mind making a donation. It's to bad some have not helped us out.It is a shame for a company to reap the profits of our members but refuse to help them when needed. Maybe in time things will change.I don't like asking are members for money but I can't afford to pay that whole bill myself. In the past it usually ends up that the staff picks up the last half which really isn't right either. I set up a contest in the Newshawk for the ones who are stone broke like me.

its a shame

huub vink
January 16th, 2012, 04:43
Matt,

It is perhaps not as bad as it seems, as some payware developers did actually contribute. Those who didn't, should perhaps consider whether they could loose the people they reach here as their customers.

And we do have over 7,500 members.....
($9,000/7,500 is just $ 1.2 pp).

Cheers,
Huub

hey_moe
January 16th, 2012, 14:14
Huub, makes ya wonder why some can't even be bothered with that low figure...lol.
Matt,

It is perhaps not as bad as it seems, as some payware developers did actually contribute. Those who didn't, should perhaps consider whether they could loose the people they reach here as their customers.

And we do have over 7,500 members.....
($9,000/7,500 is just $ 1.2 pp).

Cheers,
Huub

Thunderbolt
January 17th, 2012, 02:19
I use my plastic card for a second time ;) :salute: