PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

hey_moe
January 15th, 2012, 01:31
I am having problems with some of the effects in FSX.....smoke mainly... few a few of the pics....anybody got a suggestion on how to correct it

timghetta
January 15th, 2012, 01:38
you're missing the texture for the effect.

open the fx file and look to see what texture it is pointing to. then make sure that texture file is in the correct spot.

huub vink
January 15th, 2012, 01:47
It looks like the effect is working, but is seems the texture of this effect is damaged as there is a problem with the alphas.

Huub

hey_moe
January 15th, 2012, 01:57
It doesn't just do it on this plane but all planes.

huub vink
January 15th, 2012, 02:01
Assuming it was the ALPHASIM T-6 I had a more closer look at the effect. The texture which is triggered by the effect is the FSX standard 'fx_smoke.bmp' texture. I have looked at the alphas and they are narrow, however the alphas in the texture are spread overe the complete texture.

What you say completely does make sense (for once :d ), as it is a general texture it will show like this in all effects which use this texture. Give me 5 minutes and I will zip the texture and attached it to this post.

Just unzip the texture and and put in in the FSX/effect/texture folder.

Cheers,Huub

hey_moe
January 15th, 2012, 02:30
Huub, no glory on doing that...waaaa. I remember something like this happening to a member a while back but I can't for the life of me figure what we used for the fix...lol...old age...he..he..he.

huub vink
January 15th, 2012, 02:46
I'm afraid here is where my limited knowledge ends.... I hope a wiser man will pass this thread soon :icon_lol:

Were you referring to this thread in your earlier post? http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?59147-Smoke-effect

Cheers,
Huub

hey_moe
January 15th, 2012, 03:25
Damn Huub.....you do make sence once in a while...lol. That thread ya found did the trick. I DL the program, ran it and it worked.You da man...where do I send the check ?:mixedsmi:

Roger
January 15th, 2012, 04:19
Great little utility! I downloaded it too...just in case. Glad it's sorted Moe

hey_moe
January 15th, 2012, 04:38
Huub-ee gets da cigar :applause:
Great little utility! I downloaded it too...just in case. Glad it's sorted Moe