PDA

View Full Version : Pazmany PL-4A (Freeware)

N2056
January 14th, 2012, 13:23
The hardest part of any project is deciding when it's done...
It's uploaded and awaiting approval :jump:

Roger
January 14th, 2012, 14:08
Excellent!! Many thanks Robert:ernae:

Killbilly
January 14th, 2012, 14:10
Thanks! It's there now. Downloading . . .

N2056
January 14th, 2012, 14:18
The paint kit is not included in this package, but it will be worth the wait. :icon_lol:

falcon409
January 14th, 2012, 14:29
Outstanding Robert. Thanks for the hard work and a beautiful model.

pbearsailor
January 14th, 2012, 21:14
Sweet little homebuilt, Robert. Thanks very much.

This is a plane from the days when a guy of average means could actually get a set of plans and build and fly his own airplane. Just not the same anymore and just not quite as good as those times.

cheers,
steve :wavey:

Cag40Navy
January 14th, 2012, 23:07
Thank you Rob! I love it just as much as the E-Z which is my most used of the GA's in my sim. Thanks!

huub vink
January 15th, 2012, 01:12
Thanks Robert!

Huub

Anneke
January 15th, 2012, 01:33
Hi Rob, much appreciated!! She's looks great!

Reddog
January 15th, 2012, 09:11
I d/l this and in the cfg the [fltsim.0] and [fltsim.1] are for the thorp and not the PL-4?? A/c does not show in the select aircraft.

N2056
January 15th, 2012, 09:15
I have no idea how you got that, but this is what it should be...

[fltsim.0]
title=Pazmany PL-4
sim=PL-4A
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=N44PL
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=N44PL
ui_manufacturer="Pazmany"
ui_type="PL-4A"
ui_variation="Prototype Aircraft"
ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"
ui_createdby="Robert Kerr"
description="The Pazmany PL-4A was designed by Ladislao Pazmany, and first flew in 1972."

Reddog
January 15th, 2012, 09:20
Strange, I d/l the ac again and it has the right stuff in it. I double checked the earlier d/l and yes it did the wrong stuff in it:isadizzy:

N2056
January 15th, 2012, 09:21
Sunspots? :icon_lol:

BrittMac
January 15th, 2012, 21:12
Whoo hoo! I wasn't gonna fire up FSX tonight, but I just d/l'ed this little beauty and will have to give it a whirl. Thanks!

warchild
January 16th, 2012, 01:36
Easy on the throttles.. The lil bird is only 16 feet long and has the same engine as a cessna. If you give it too much gas too fast, you'll be off the runway and in the next county to your left before you know it.. Like the thorpe, its gonna take a bit of finesse and pedal work, but well worth learning to fly her right. :)...

N2056
January 16th, 2012, 20:30
Well, it would seem that I have yet to get one right the first time. Can someone open the canopy from the external view and verify that it's hosed? I just caught it and I am pretty sure it's messed up in the version I uploaded. Some parts are not moving. Since it appears that I am going to have to put up a fix it will end up being a complete package...plane & paint kit. That means now is your chance to let me know if there are any other issues I should look at. :salute:

falcon409
January 16th, 2012, 21:47
Well, it would seem that I have yet to get one right the first time. Can someone open the canopy from the external view and verify that it's hosed? I just caught it and I am pretty sure it's messed up in the version I uploaded. Some parts are not moving. Since it appears that I am going to have to put up a fix it will end up being a complete package...plane & paint kit. That means now is your chance to let me know if there are any other issues I should look at. :salute:

Yep, wow. . .I've had the canopy open several times but only from the inside. The frame moves but the transparency remains in the closed position.:salute:

Bruce Thompson
January 17th, 2012, 00:12
Same canopy problem here, frame moves, glass stays closed position.

Apart from that it's a great little aircraft, thank you N2056 for all your hard work.

Bruce.

Anneke
January 17th, 2012, 11:26
Perhaps a bit stupid but I can't seem to find an avionics switch/radio master. Is there one? Can it be modelled?

Thanks!

doublecool
January 17th, 2012, 14:37
Just a Thank you for another of your Fun Little Aircraft :applause::wavey:

N2056
January 19th, 2012, 18:33
Here are a couple of pics showing improvements I have made to the textures. I added some missing cutout areas (gear legs, pitot, tiedowns), made the rivet layer slightly visible in the diffuse texture, and added a bit of wear.
@ Anneke - Currently there is no dedicated switch for the avionics. Ideally there probably should be, but to add one now would be a bit more work than I wish to do at this time. I hope you understand.

56993 56994

falcon409
January 19th, 2012, 18:55
Nice extra touches Robert, and I see the transparency stays with the frame now.:applause:

Anneke
January 20th, 2012, 05:39
@ Anneke - Currently there is no dedicated switch for the avionics. Ideally there probably should be, but to add one now would be a bit more work than I wish to do at this time. I hope you understand.

No problems Robert, perhaps in a later SP?