PDA

View Full Version : Joystick-Force feedback

gosd
January 13th, 2012, 09:14
Looking for a Joystick with Force feedback. Logitech and Saitec dont seem to make them anymore. Any suggestions ?:kilroy:

flyer01
January 13th, 2012, 10:06
Try this. good sticks.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Microsoft+Force+Feedback+2+Joystick&_sacat=See-All-Categories (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Microsoft+Force+Feedback+2+Joystick&_sacat=See-All-Categories)

Naismith
January 13th, 2012, 10:16
Logitech still have one under the 940 flight system, but in truth, its not up to much imho.
And it costs an arm and a leg, wish I hadn't bothered!

hairyspin
January 13th, 2012, 11:03
I'd second flyer01's recommendation for a secondhand Microsoft Force Feedback 2. The throttle is a bit pathetic and it's really for right-handers but I really like the feedback action. And it's still reliable since it uses optical sensors, not variable resistors. They seem to be going for a bit less than when I was looking for mine...

Don't go for a Mark 1 version (Force Feedback Pro) which is over 12 years old and needs an old-style Game Port connection - almost unknown nowadays. The FFB2 uses a USB connection.

swpierce
January 13th, 2012, 13:01
I'm not familiar with the inner workings of these joysticks but I do think that the Logitechs I use seem to wear out with time. Just not as tight and sometimes start shaking uncontrollably if unattended. Is this because they use the variable resistors that you mention?

gosd
January 13th, 2012, 14:20
Thanks for the info. Does Microsoft Force Feedback 2 joystick work on win 7 ?

Tailwind
January 13th, 2012, 15:02
Did a little googling and it seems that it should be plug and play for win 7. Pop it in and win7 loads a native driver for it

Also make sure you get the USB one as as some further googling revealed that the common USB to game port adapters do not work with FFB sticks

Cheers

TW

Snaker
January 13th, 2012, 15:51
I'd second flyer01's recommendation for a secondhand Microsoft Force Feedback 2......

I would also recommend MS FF2. I have had mine for maybe 8 years and have had no issues. It is plugged in and on 24/7 and has been compatible with all my games and sims. I use Vista and it has worked fine as a plug and play.

flyer01
January 13th, 2012, 16:41
Plug and play for win 7 with the USB.
I got two last spring and have had no problems. Thy cost more then when I got mine. I thought thy would with some of the new flight sim's having excellent FF. But then the cost has gone up on most everything.

I use a Saitek x52 throttle. fact is I have two for duel prop planes.

Thy work good together.

hairyspin
January 14th, 2012, 01:41
... Pop it in and win7 loads a native driver for it...

+1. What he says!