PDA

View Full Version : A/C manager

highpockets
January 9th, 2012, 15:52
Can someone please give an explanation of how to use this utility in a specific theatre of Ops, i.e. ETO with more than 100 planes and 5-6 different Missions/Campaigns. Each group of missions may use different planes than the others. Do you place the planes needed in a particular set i.e. 57th F.G. into a hanger, the same for maybe Battle of the Bulge into another hanger. Then what? Or am I making it to complicated.
I have not yet reached a point in any of my theatres yet of more than 75-80 planes including stock, but if I continue to install missions, I expect I will have reached that number. Maybe the 100 plane limit does not affect missions only Free flight and Quick Combat.

Thanks in advance

olaf1924
January 9th, 2012, 19:24
Highpockets I use cfs2-aircraft + mission utility v2 with acman. The number of aircraft for my cfs2 pacific version total 332 with 77 of them stored . I also have a seprate cfs2 europe version with over three hundred aircraft.

misson
January 10th, 2012, 02:31
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...ds&FileID=9727 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=9727)

I sugest this fix, and u can have how many aircraft u want without to manage something .:wavey:

Cody Coyote
January 10th, 2012, 10:24
I think you're making it more complicated than necessary. But.... you can set it up whatever way works best for you, so there is not hard, fast answer. I use hangers for different nationalities, rather than campaigns. Then I simply move them back and forth as needed for whatever campaign/mission I'm flying. If you make your hangers campaign specific and a plane is used in more than one campaign it can only be in one hanger at a time, so you might overlook it when swapping planes around.

The 100 plane limit only impacts Quick Combat, Free Flight and Mission Builder. You can have a thousand planes in your AIRCRAFT folder and successfully fly campaigns and missions without seeing an error message. The mk_cfs2_utl that Olaf mentioned is good too. I used it in conjunction with AC Manager, but ACMan is my primary utility for moving planes in and out of the sim. There is also a Ship Manager that works the same way, except for ships. Very handy also.

highpockets
January 10th, 2012, 13:13
OK guys. I think I have it. I will wade in in a few days and do a little experimenting to see what and how it best works for me. May have to take a little time off from the sim but I may be back with more questions.
Thanks for the patient answers.:salute: