PDA

View Full Version : GUMPS!! It can happen to anyone!

wconkle
January 9th, 2012, 13:44
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=963_1326124328&fb_source=message

skyhawka4m
January 9th, 2012, 14:06
makes me wish Lionheart would make his trinadad FSX compatible

Wittpilot
January 9th, 2012, 15:11
So was there a problem? or was it an "oops" moment on the gear..... I was leaning to the former with the seamingly high angle of attack and the warning tone.....

stansdds
January 9th, 2012, 15:23
I think it was an "oops".

JIMJAM
January 9th, 2012, 15:27
While working on my commercial ticket, I began flying a 182RG, my first real complex. My instructor,who was a friend and coworker was chief pilot for the agency. We would often fly nightime ops with the added difficulty of wearing NVG to spot hunters using searchlights to hunt deer.
Been up 18hrs,1/2 asleep and was cleared to land at our base of ops. About mid marker, Tony ask, "Are you ready to land this thing?" Yup I replied.
About inner marker he ask again. Yes I replied...... Then right as I went to flare he lifts my right can and screams as loud as humanly possible.
G E A R !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thousands of landings and about 25 years have passed to this day I still hear that word. Its like a built in automatic warning that works in planes, helis and even sometimes I even hear it in my car.hahahaha

BTW- I worked as a linemen and gear ups like this are very common. Thats one reason the insurance is so much more. Be honest and ask yourself how many times in the sim you have done it.

PS-Not that it matters but to be correct it was a 210 Centurion not a 182.

wconkle
January 9th, 2012, 15:31
I'm pretty sure it was just forgetting the gear. The warning tone comes on when you pull the throttle back to low manifold pressure with the gear still up. I was pretty surprised at the approach angle too, especially with gear still retracted. Easy to see forgetting the gear but hard to believe that they didn't respond to the noise!

Oddly enough, I have Lionheart's Trinidad and was flying it earlier today, then checked my email and found someone had sent me this link.

Skyhawk, I have the Lionheart Trinidad (picked it up at a firesale a while ago) and I wasn't aware that it's not compatible, since I've been flying it in FSX for some time??? The propeller is weird, but everything works and it's a great plane...

Daube
January 10th, 2012, 01:25
I think it was an "oops".

Definitely an "oops".
The first sentence after the aircraft comes to a stop is in French: "you haven't lowered the gear ??"...

MarkH
January 10th, 2012, 09:02
Definitely an "oops".
The first sentence after the aircraft comes to a stop is in French: "you haven't lowered the gear ??"...

Second sentence, 'pas de merde, Hercule.'

dandog
January 10th, 2012, 10:13
He was coming in a little steep and fast. Not lowering your gear is a great way to decrease your ground roll. :icon_eek:

flaminghotsauce
January 10th, 2012, 15:58
I almost got to watch a Cessna jet (525? I think? I forget the nomenclature) settle onto the runway! I was in flight school, my instructor and I were casually walking out the gate, watching this guy come in. He got down into ground effect, STILL no gear, floated a bit then the gear came down. I'd say, probably less than five seconds before touchdown. Instructor and I just walked on....