PDA

View Full Version : Tebow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Panther_99FS
January 8th, 2012, 16:31
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::guinness::guinness: :guinness:

Flyboy208
January 8th, 2012, 16:45
I'm a Florida Gator, so I already support the Guy ... but wow ! Great performance Broncos ! Mike

papab
January 8th, 2012, 16:54
His first play off win!

Go tim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

Cazzie
January 8th, 2012, 17:18
Now the man who prays to Jesus, has to play Him. :icon_lol:

Caz

Kiwikat
January 8th, 2012, 17:36
Now the man who prays to Jesus, has to play Him. :icon_lol:

LOL.

Somehow I don't think next week is going to go quite as well... :mixedsmi:

luckydog
January 8th, 2012, 17:40
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

redriver6
January 8th, 2012, 18:46
not many people gave Denver a chance in that game...and certainly not many expected Tebow to throw for 300+ yards on Pittsburgh's D...

good job Tebow...:salute:

Blackbird686
January 9th, 2012, 02:05
LOL.

"What's with all the negative waves...? Ya' gotta have a little faith, baby." (Donald Sutherland's best lines in the film: "Kelley's Heros")

BB686:USA-flag:

beana51
January 9th, 2012, 06:02
Yesterday Denver beat the Steelers..29-23 overtime victory..The Quarterback Tebow throw for 316yds.

This for a 31.6 yd average.

John 3:16, of course, is the favorite verse for Tebow, a devout Christian.

Tim Tebow: Credits John 3:16, John Elway and John Fox!

Maybe it was faith. Maybe it was the bonfire his boss lit beneath his backside. Whatever it was, Tebow was good Sunday.

All this adds to the mystic of this great young man...His story is topic of comedians editorials,controversy and more..but what he does best is to FILL UP THE SEATS OF THE STADIUM with FANS ..and Thats Good!!,,$$$$ http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

Cazzie
January 9th, 2012, 10:01
Regardless of how one feels about Tim Tebow, the young man is a leader. He proved that at U of F and he's proving it to John Elway and the Broncos. Peyton Manning couldn't run with the ball if his life depended on it, but look where the Colts are without him. That's because Manning is a leader, he gets the best out of his players. Tim Tebow is cut from the same metal. His Christian feelings are real for him and I applaud him for exulting them. There are so many worse examples in the NFL for a young kid to follow.

Caz

Devildog73
January 9th, 2012, 10:41
LOL.

Many people have been saying that for weeks.......................even former NFL prognosticators, who still maintain Tebow hasn't got what it takes to win in the playoffs. (Chris Carter, Keyshaun Johnson)

Maybe we should wait until next week to say "I told you so".

Maybe, it isn't Tebow..........perhaps his lack of abilities to be an NFL quarterback just don't tell the whole story.............

SpitXIV
January 9th, 2012, 19:59
Tebow naysayers are sure enjoying their crow. Hey Sir would you like some more A-1 sauce for that? :icon_lol:

muletrain
January 10th, 2012, 16:40
This whole business with Tim Tebow is quite refreshing IMHO. Nice to focus on something positive for a change! New England is a powerhouse and seems to me a better football team than Denver. I'm not optimistic about Saturday's outcome despite being a Bronco fan.
The value of Tebow is in the long term and hopefully he has a long run in Denver for the benefit of the Broncos as well as illuminating the value of leadership, a positive moral compass and the values of hope and faith.

Now getting down off my unusual position atop the soapbox! :icon_lol:

Allen
January 11th, 2012, 12:31
56160 (http://www.9news.com/news/article/241466/222/Paper-apologizes-after-printing-Steelers-victory)

(http://www.9news.com/news/article/241466/222/Paper-apologizes-after-printing-Steelers-victory)
http://www.9news.com/news/article/241466/222/Paper-apologizes-after-printing-Steelers-victory (http://www.9news.com/news/article/241466/222/Paper-apologizes-after-printing-Steelers-victory)

Panther_99FS
January 14th, 2012, 20:28
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

srgalahad
January 14th, 2012, 21:58
Maybe we should wait until next week to say "I told you so".

It's "next week"

Cazzie
January 15th, 2012, 05:42
It's "next week"

How about wait until next year? :icon_lol:

Kiwikat
January 15th, 2012, 07:25
That game was absolutely hilarious. I've never laughed so much during a NFL game! I don't know how the commentators got through it.

Tebow is NOT a good quarterback. If it weren't for his openness about Jesus and his religion, he wouldn't have gotten half the media exposure he did. :mixedsmi:

Panther_99FS
January 15th, 2012, 08:17
That game was absolutely hilarious. I've never laughed so much during a NFL game! I don't know how the commentators got through it.

Tebow is NOT a good quarterback. If it weren't for his openness about Jesus and his religion, he wouldn't have gotten half the media exposure he did. :mixedsmi:

And your take on the Denver defense that got over-run?

Kiwikat
January 15th, 2012, 08:27
And your take on the Denver defense that got over-run?

The whole team played awful. The score wasn't really indicative of how far apart the two teams really were. The media blew Tebow far out of proportion, so naturally everyone is still focusing on him. They set him up to lose big- and he did.

Let's hope the packers pull a Brady on the Giants this afternoon! :jump:

Blackbird686
January 15th, 2012, 08:36

The guy is a rookie.... and he WILL get better if he's given the chance. I distinctly remember a very young John Elway who went through the same ordeal his first year as a pro. And as far as Tebow's faith... I give him kudos for having the guts to be open about it. Lotsa people out there who wouldn't be so bold, despite the media glitz.

BB686:USA-flag:

Rami
January 15th, 2012, 08:46
Good afternoon,

Being a HUGE Patriots fan myself, I am quite happy with the result of yesterday's game. However, I agree with the sentiment that Tebow is a young quarterback, and will mature with time. I think the comparisons to Elway may be accurate, but let's not put THAT weight on Tim's young shoulders.

And as for the comment about commentators, let's remember that this is football, and anything can happen. Growing up in Western New York, I was a die-hard Bills fan during the Jim Kelly-Thurman Thomas-Andre Reed-Bruce Smith years. And, I was at the 1993 AFC Wild Card game when the Houston Oilers were up 35-3 on my Bills in the 3rd quarter. With Jim Kelly out, Frank Reich came in and led one of the most dramatic comebacks in the history of the NFL, winning the game 41-38 in overtime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Z0NckkypQOY

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Comeback_(American_football)

A friend of mine who worked for NBC at the time sent me an uncensored satellite feed of the commentators in that game, so you not only heard the broadcast, but also the comments during the commercial breaks. No less than O.J. Simpson himself said during one of the breaks that "the Bills don't have a flying fudge's (that is censored, but read between the lines) chance of getting back into this game."

In short, NOTHING in football is a given until the final snap. :icon29:

Panther_99FS
January 15th, 2012, 09:37
The guy is a rookie.... BB686:USA-flag:

Exactly.
And he started the season THIRD STRING (how practice snaps do you think a 3rd stringer gets?). Not to shabby a season when you consider that.

Allen
January 15th, 2012, 19:15
The guy is a rookie....

I hate to do this but... Tebow is NOT a rookie but this is his first year of being a starter for more than 2 games. To quote a "Well known radio show" "Tebow is not a good quarterback but a valuable quarterback."-Dan Patrick

It is clear that Tebow has the one thing you can’t train into a person, the Intangibles, "It", the magic or what ever you want to call it. The abitty to make other follow him and do better for him whey they won't do so for others. He has it and the other things can be fix.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Maybe with out a lockout St. Eway can show Tebow how to throw better, read defense and all those thing he needs for the NFL.<o:p></o:p>

Daveroo
January 15th, 2012, 20:27
thing i read this morning about his dating habits..( im talking about Tebow)..he keeps denieing any rumors hes with a female ,says he has no time for women ( he said that to a reporter sometime this past week)then he went on to say that his private life is just that.."his private life" and he will keep who he dates or who or what he is interrested in to himself.Susan Orman,Queen Latifa,Anderson Cooper,Matt Louer,Ellen Degenerase(used to say it) as did Elton john and boy jorge.......if you get my drift......and dont tell me his faith in god would interfer with that......ricky martin,and lance bass are both religous from what i hear.........

I AM NOT IN ANYWAY BADMOUTHING GAYS...........i wouldnt dare..........my BF my get mad.........

Allen
January 15th, 2012, 21:00
I don't give a flying fark who he dates as long as his QB skills get better by next year.