PDA

View Full Version : nothing to do with flight sim...but wierd stuff in my area

Daveroo
January 3rd, 2012, 09:38
last night,,january 2nd,2012,,near a place called drum forbay,its probably around 4000 ft elevation ( im guessing) on the sierra nevada's along interstate 80,heard on the scanner that the USFS had a fire and they were calling for water tenders...they sent atleast 6 local area (LRA) water tenders to this fire..and theyre still on it this morning.....this is not a good thing.there should be 3-4 feet of snow there by now...not fires..

i also woke up to chatter on the scanner about a hazmat situation at the end of "Chubb rd" this is in the upper auburn area,,also known as Bowman..seems there was a train derailment ( im guessing again) or something...i keep hearing talk about "many" 50 gallon drums spread all over...and leaking..they have the local hazmat team and have called for sacramento counties help...

unrelated,,,there was a call at 9:57am of a young woman believed to be about 19 years old,,,naked behind the wheel of a beat up grey nissan,,a man appearing in his 40s was in the back seat and was hitting her in the head and throwing money at her and yelling at her in what seemed to be russian,,all this happened in the drive through of a tacobell...the police stopped the car and they now have the guy at gun point in a felony stop...

as all of this is going on..and im typing...the sheriffs office and calfire dispatched a call for a woman that just jumped from the 730 foot high foresthill bridge..........

wow...what a start

WarHorse47
January 3rd, 2012, 10:26
I thought that stuff only happened in the Seattle Area. :icon_lol:

--WH

TARPSBird
January 4th, 2012, 00:14
Early Tuesday AM a helicopter was making runs over our neighborhood for over an hour, obviously looking for somebody. At one point he switched on his searchlight and my whole living room was bathed in blue-white light. Took the dog out in the back yard just to make sure nobody was lurking around, went back inside and made sure the doors were locked. Gunfire, naked women, fleeing felons, whatever - I don't really want to know what's goin' down in da 'hood. :icon_lol:

Jagdflieger
January 4th, 2012, 05:19
Now if there had been a full moon to go along with the New Year and the pay day weekend ...

SpitXIV
January 4th, 2012, 21:35
Anybody here listen to Coast to Coast Am on the radio? George Noorey talks about the weird
stuff going on in the world before the show starts.