PDA

View Full Version : I don't get it!

flamingskull
January 2nd, 2012, 13:54
I did a clean install, patched it up and installed PTO and Maw. MAW ran fine for a while, now it's CTD every time I launch it. I can't even address ETO or RS untill I get this running. Any help would be appreciated!

Tailwind
January 2nd, 2012, 14:25
I did a clean install, patched it up and installed PTO and Maw. MAW ran fine for a while, now it's CTD every time I launch it. I can't even address ETO or RS untill I get this running. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi

Couple of things. What operating system?

Also I have seen CTD when the monitor resolution is different than the game resolution. For each install go to the main game folder and run the CFS3 config .exe. (wrench looking icon) After it detects the video card go to the resolution section and match it to what your monitor is set to

Good luck

TW

flamingskull
January 3rd, 2012, 06:14
That didn't do it.................

hairyspin
January 3rd, 2012, 12:04
It's
no
use

I
can't
read
anything
for
the
new
display
grrr
The next candidate is the file uisel.xml which is in your Appdata MAW folder. To find that quickly, type %appdata% in the address bar of an Explorer window and hit <return>.

Now double click on the Microsoft folder in the right-hand panel and again on the CFS3 Mediterranean Air War folder now shown in the same panel (this works the same in XP, Vista and Windows 7).

Open the file uisel.xml now showing in that panel with Notepad and delete everything between the lines <QuickCombat> and </QuickCombat>. Save the file and try restarting MAW now.Hope this helps!

flamingskull
January 4th, 2012, 03:43
I will try that when I get home HS, but I did delete the usiel.xml file and re-started the game and that did nothing. IIRC that file regenerates itself upon start up, that used to be my go to fix for most problems.

flamingskull
January 4th, 2012, 15:23
Thanks HS, that did the trick, but something strange happened when I launched MAW. The aircraft that appears on the airfield is a P-47! which of course doesn't appear in MAW......:icon29: