PDA

View Full Version : IRIS Twister

falcon409
January 1st, 2012, 15:07
Anyone flying this airplane and can answer a question for me?? This is the first airplane, freeware or payware, that I've run into that seems to not support gear and flap controls that are mapped to your controller. I have both those functions controlled by several buttons on my CH Throttle. The Twister however has a switch for the gears and a knob for the flaps. If I hit the button on my controller for the flaps I can see a quick movement but then they fail to respond. . . .same with the gears. They will only function with those VC controls. Has anyone found a way around that?

peter12213
January 1st, 2012, 16:41
Yeah it's all different, right click mate!

modelr
January 1st, 2012, 18:39
Yeah it's all different, right click mate!

You mean I have to take my hand off the stick to operate gear and flaps?

Haven't loaded this plane yet, but I usually fly with stick using right hand. Mouse is also run with right hand. When manuvering?

gecko65
January 1st, 2012, 18:52
Same deal here, and I have not figured out why this happens. I see you've posted on the Iris board - I'll be interested in seeing the response you get.

peter12213
January 1st, 2012, 19:22
Well I'm HOTAS also, but needs must when reality demands!

falcon409
January 1st, 2012, 19:43
You mean I have to take my hand off the stick to operate gear and flaps?
Haven't loaded this plane yet, but I usually fly with stick using right hand. Mouse is also run with right hand. When maneuvering?
Yep, it's not that big a deal I guess, but I've just never run into an aircraft that won't respond to mapped functions or at least have a workaround to allow it to. The associated problem is that with TrackIR, on take off with head movements I have to first hit the F9 key to lock TIR then operate the gear and flaps, then F12 to go back to TIR. With every other airplane I own I can do all that with one hand on the CH Throttle.

I went searching earlier to see if maybe this had been addressed when it was released and I found the thread, checked every page and the very last post raised this very question. . . . .there were no other posts after that one, lol. I posted in the IRIS Forums because it was suggested a few weeks ago in another thread that IRIS Support was still alive and well on their website. . . .we shall see.

jetstreamsky
January 1st, 2012, 21:14
This occurs on the Iris BD-5 too, I would guess it ties into some gauge coding somewhere, perhaps using some alternative events not normally mapped on sticks, but that's just a guess.

Peter SWE
January 2nd, 2012, 00:57
This occurs on the Iris BD-5 too, I would guess it ties into some gauge coding somewhere, perhaps using some alternative events not normally mapped on sticks, but that's just a guess.

It's different for me.

I have the issue with gear and flaps on the twister but the bd-5 works just fine with the mapped buttons on my joystick.

I would also like to have a fix for this since this keeps me from flying the Twister. It's a personal thing, stuff that doesn't work as i think they should bugs me and i dont wanna use them.

falcon409
January 2nd, 2012, 04:01
It's different for me.
I have the issue with gear and flaps on the twister but the bd-5 works just fine with the mapped buttons on my joystick.
I would also like to have a fix for this since this keeps me from flying the Twister. It's a personal thing, stuff that doesn't work as i think they should bugs me and i don't wanna use them.
Yea, same here Peter, the BD-5 works fine with my mapped joystick and throttle. The Twister is just a cool little airplane, very sporty, so I've stuck with it hoping David will actually read his Forum posts and give us an answer either way.:salute:

Smudge
January 2nd, 2012, 16:00
FOrtunatley I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting in the hospital for a checkup on my shoulder... :-)

With the F15, we found some new ways to code which will address the gear and flap switches not using default commands in the twister.. Once the F-15 is out, I have a number of aircraft to play catch up with including the twister, F-22 and C-27... So those having issues with those products can rest assured that your feedback is valuable to us for providing fixes and updates... :-).

Peter SWE
January 3rd, 2012, 01:11
FOrtunatley I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting in the hospital for a checkup on my shoulder... :-)

With the F15, we found some new ways to code which will address the gear and flap switches not using default commands in the twister.. Once the F-15 is out, I have a number of aircraft to play catch up with including the twister, F-22 and C-27... So those having issues with those products can rest assured that your feedback is valuable to us for providing fixes and updates... :-).

That sounds great, thanks for checking in here and replying in the thread.:wavey:

PilatusTurbo
January 3rd, 2012, 10:57
Falcon, I noticed you said you hit F9 to pause TIR. A good tip I learned is this: set the space bar as your TIR pause key; makes it super easy to pause because it's huge, and you shouldn't have to lean as far forward for it. Only downside is, if you alt-tab to google something, or start TIR before FS, and need to use the keyboard to type, your space bar won't space when typing.

Super great work-a-round for me with the pause TIR, issue. This nearly saved my TIR experience, as when I was first getting used to it, I didn't even know about pausing and then found this tip. :ernae:

Sorry, I don't have anything on the Twister issue.

Peter SWE
January 17th, 2012, 01:35
Update with fix is now avalible at simmarket.

Edited post:

Tryed and tested now, still no go on the switches...

GregG
January 17th, 2012, 03:00

Any chance for ILS vectors that work with AI carriers? For the F-14, that is. Get well soon!

IRIS
January 17th, 2012, 03:12
David needs to re-release the patch, apparently the changes he made didn't "take" and he's needed to recompile. He's responding to some posts on our FB page about this and we will be announcing the patch update "update" as soon as we can.

In the meantime hold off on any more bug listings until the update has happened in case the bug has been fixed (I don't have the list).

Cheers,

Karen

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, it appears that both the VC and External models needed to be recompiled to fix the issue being experienced. As such, a new product built will be uploaded shortly.