PDA

View Full Version : My New Years Eve night

hey_moe
December 31st, 2011, 15:37
Well here is the last day of the year and I am at home yaking at you guys. All three grand kids are here and the strongest thing I am drinking is a glass of grape cool-aide da kids made...lol. Happy New Year to all.

Roger
December 31st, 2011, 15:42
It's 40 minutes into the new year here in good old Blighty and I'm not drunk...yet. I have Carling Export and Laphroig single malt so I'm expecting to be fairly happy in an hour or two.

All the best for the new year,

Roger.

kilo delta
December 31st, 2011, 15:50
Happy New Year to my fellow SOHers:ernae: Not quite drunk here....yet....but fast approaching it!Bring on the spirits:icon_lol:

Roadburner440
December 31st, 2011, 15:58
Happy new year to you guys too! Never knew you were in Hampton, VA Moe. Just moved there myself. I know I am staying off the roads and out of the tunnels that is for sure tonight.

hey_moe
December 31st, 2011, 16:03
Where in Hampton did ya move to.
Happy new year to you guys too! Never knew you were in Hampton, VA Moe. Just moved there myself. I know I am staying off the roads and out of the tunnels that is for sure tonight.

Daveroo
December 31st, 2011, 16:06
5:03 pm as i type....i have a banana milkshake....thats my vice for the night.....im lactose intolerant too......and i kid you not..its a 64 oz shake...had a foster freeze boss burger,,small fries..onion rings,both dipped in onion and garlic dip..and this shake......muh belly is full!!!......thank god im fat or id be misserable.....

robcap
December 31st, 2011, 16:20
happy new year to you all, finished 8 liters of beer with 3 guys, then some bottles, and 1 glass of bubbly in between. Had a teriffic time with the girls and the kids, now of to bed.
Cheers, Rob

Willy
December 31st, 2011, 17:25
Sitting here drinking Dr Pepper waiting until it's time to get on the SOH FS server with some of the guys and fly a bit. Decent way to bring in the New Year.

Roadburner440
December 31st, 2011, 17:46
Where in Hampton did ya move to.

Down on Kecoughtan. Got stationed on NS Norfolk, so was looking to be close to the tunnel. Luckily where I live as long as I am out the door by 5:15am I miss all the tunnel traffic. So far after a month of being here it is not as bad as everyone made it seem before I left Jacksonville, FL.. Other than the "cold" (I know it is not cold for most people, but it is definately colder than Jacksonville was) everything has been good. Plus I like Hampton a lot better than VA Beach which is where everyone recommended I move.

Willy
December 31st, 2011, 17:48
NS Norfolk was where I was stationed when I retired. I had a pretty good time there.

Sascha66
December 31st, 2011, 18:06
A very happy and healthy year 2012 to all of you!

It is4:03 am in Berlin, I went through 2 bottles of bubbly with my bro, feeling good and just checking on you guys when I came home!

My wife is off to see her mother so I get all the computer time I want :jump:!

And nobody to tell me to go to bed early either!

mfitch
December 31st, 2011, 20:42
I am drinking is a glass of grape cool-aide da kids made...lol. Happy New Year to all.

Grape Koolaide is one of my favorites.

Willy
December 31st, 2011, 21:11
Happy New Year!

Just got back inside. One of the neighbors behind us is setting off some major display type fireworks. Oooh Pretty...

demorier
December 31st, 2011, 22:06
Samoa gets an early New Year. They have moved the international date line to the east of Samoa so it is much more in line with there south-west Pacific neighbours. They now have the earliest new year instead of the last.

Hope you all have a good 2012.

OBIO
December 31st, 2011, 22:53
2:48AM

Spent the last 5 hours of 2011 at my in-law's house across the street. Eating pork and kraut, mashed taters, and those little spicy sausages in BBQ sauce. Got mauled by my 5-year old great nephew...who drug me downstairs to play with the RC helo I got him for Christmas, then became his trampoline and monkey bars, played some Wii, ate some more of the sausages and some cookies. When the ball dropped and Ohio moved into 2012, gave my wifey a big kiss...then got out of the way as she headed for the wine (had 3 or 4 glasses). Then back to being my nephew's playground for an hour or so...and about the time I was ready to crack open a nice cold can of beer...the party broke up suddenly and everyone left. So, I sat in the living room talking to my mother-in-law, father-in-law and sis-in-law and sipped my beer.

Now I am home, making my second post of the year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

OBIO

hey_moe
January 1st, 2012, 02:25
You live about 10 minutes from where I live and my best friend lives right there off of Ivy Home Rd on the water near the behind the public boat ramp. We need to hook up one day. To drive in Va Beach is nothing but a nightmare. I refuse to do any service work over there.Everybody in a hurry,rude,will cut you off. One good thing about over there is the babes at the beach. Plus they have another sweet spot called Chic's Beach. Best thing you can do when you are at Chic's Beach is to buy a dark pair of sun glasses,park your car and just walk around and dream....lol.
Down on Kecoughtan. Got stationed on NS Norfolk, so was looking to be close to the tunnel. Luckily where I live as long as I am out the door by 5:15am I miss all the tunnel traffic. So far after a month of being here it is not as bad as everyone made it seem before I left Jacksonville, FL.. Other than the "cold" (I know it is not cold for most people, but it is definately colder than Jacksonville was) everything has been good. Plus I like Hampton a lot better than VA Beach which is where everyone recommended I move.

Roadburner440
January 1st, 2012, 06:09
You live about 10 minutes from where I live and my best friend lives right there off of Ivy Home Rd on the water near the behind the public boat ramp. We need to hook up one day. To drive in Va Beach is nothing but a nightmare. I refuse to do any service work over there.Everybody in a hurry,rude,will cut you off.

Yeah I have found this out already.. I drive the speed limit, and within the boundaries of the law as I am not ever really in a hurry to get anywhere. They about run me off the road in the afternoons. Not to mention the roads are so wide. It is really something else.