PDA

View Full Version : Thanks very much Lewis for the FP P-51 skins

HouseHobbit
December 29th, 2011, 12:13
I just got these set up finally..
Yea a bit slow here getting these set up as standalone birds :icon_lol:
Thanks Lewis for the skins for this bird..
They look Great!!
:salute: :salute: :salute:

Capt. Winters
December 29th, 2011, 13:38
Hi Owen,

there great skins that John put together, theres a fifth one I have that you have not shown, its a RAF 112 squadron scheme for Italy 1944-45. shark mouthed green and grey camo.

If you would like it let me know and I'll get it to you.

regards Rob.

HouseHobbit
December 29th, 2011, 13:57
Thanks John, These are great!!
Didn't know who built them..
Have had these in my hex editor file for some time..
I have the RAF one too with the sharks mouth..
It is pretty..:icon_lol:
I like the skin very much..
Should have done this years ago..:redf:

lewis11777
December 30th, 2011, 11:51
I'll assume you are referring to another Lewis as I am not a skinner.

Led Zeppelin
December 31st, 2011, 00:16
[QUOTE=HouseHobbit;663302]I have the RAF one too with the sharks mouth../QUOTE]
where is that one??!! :running:

phrog_phixer
December 31st, 2011, 03:25
I have the Detroit Miss skin but not the others. Where can these be downloaded from? Do you have links?

HouseHobbit
December 31st, 2011, 08:44
I have the Detroit Miss skin but not the others. Where can these be downloaded from? Do you have links?

Here is the page(link)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=13702 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=lewis11777)

Hi Lewis, I know now you uploaded these and the skins were by John,
Thanks for these, I have had them downloaded for years..
Just got to building some standalones with them..

Thanks John for the skins and Lewis for the upload..
:applause: :applause: :applause:

phrog_phixer
December 31st, 2011, 10:37
Thanks hobbit. Just when you think you've got 'em all......

gecko
December 31st, 2011, 17:24
As much as I support freeware, I've got to hand it to Shockwave for putting out one of the nicest models available for CFS3. Add John's skins to it, and it becomes quite beautiful. My one complaint with it is that the hardpoints/pylons aren't done very well. The bombs and drop tanks aren't positioned correctly and the rockets aren't even close. Would really appreciate it if some enterprising gmaxer took this on.:jump:

And for those have been wanting a better over-the-shoulder view from the cockpit that hides some of the incompleteness in the VC in that area, try out these lines. Just paste them over the corresponding lines in the xdp. There are two view modes with this. The default view has the standard look down at the instruments function for the "look down" button. The second mode leans foward into the gunsight for easier aiming when the look down button is held. Press F6 (or whatever you have the next cockpit view button assigned to) to switch between them.

Daniel

<Seats>
<Seat Name="Pilot">
<Stations>
<Station Name="Instruments" Type="pilot_station" View="0" FovUp="32" FovDown="22">
<PadlockLimit AzimuthMin="-154" AzimuthMax="154" ElevationMax="90" ElevationMin="-45"/>
<Views>
<View Event="HeadStop"/>
<View Event="HeadPitchUp" Azimuth="0" Elevation="-30"/>
<View Event="HeadPitchDown" Azimuth="0" Elevation="30" X="0.00" Y="0.0" Z="0.12"/>
<View Event="HeadPitchUpLeft" Azimuth="-45" Elevation="5"/>
<View Event="HeadPitchUpRight" Azimuth="45" Elevation="5"/>
<View Event="HeadRotLeft" Azimuth="-90" Elevation="-5"/>
<View Event="HeadRotRight" Azimuth="90" Elevation="-5"/>
<View Event="HeadPitchDownLeft" Azimuth="-154" Elevation="-13" X="-0.12" Y="0" Z="0"/>
<View Event="HeadPitchDownRight" Azimuth="154" Elevation="-13" X="0.12" Y="0" Z="0"/>
</Views>
<GunStations>
<GunStation ID="0"/>
<GunStation ID="1"/>
<GunStation ID="2"/>
<GunStation ID="3"/>
</GunStations>
</Station>
<Station Name="Reflector Sight" Type="pilot_station" View="0" FovUp="32" FovDown="22">
<PadlockLimit AzimuthMin="-154" AzimuthMax="154" ElevationMax="90" ElevationMin="-45"/>
<Views>
<View Event="HeadStop"/>
<View Event="HeadPitchUp" Azimuth="0" Elevation="-30"/>
<View Event="HeadPitchDown" Azimuth="0" Elevation="0" X="0.00" Y="0.0" Z="0.15"/>
<View Event="HeadPitchUpLeft" Azimuth="-45" Elevation="5"/>
<View Event="HeadPitchUpRight" Azimuth="45" Elevation="5"/>
<View Event="HeadRotLeft" Azimuth="-90" Elevation="-5"/>
<View Event="HeadRotRight" Azimuth="90" Elevation="-5"/>
<View Event="HeadPitchDownLeft" Azimuth="-154" Elevation="-13" X="-0.12" Y="0" Z="0"/>
<View Event="HeadPitchDownRight" Azimuth="154" Elevation="-13" X="0.12" Y="0" Z="0"/>
</Views>
<GunStations>
<GunStation ID="0"/>
<GunStation ID="1"/>
<GunStation ID="2"/>
<GunStation ID="3"/>
</GunStations>
</Station>
</Stations>
</Seat>
</Seats>

gosd
December 31st, 2011, 20:06
I have a small issue concerning adding the P-51 skins to the A/C file: the P-51 A/C file that I have from Firepower does not have a p51d_ c.dds file the only c.dds file required in the .mod is a p51b_c.dds which is different from the P51d_c.dds file. Is there another FP P51d A/C file ? Or how do I go around this problem if there is one ?

gecko
January 3rd, 2012, 11:17
There are two FP P-51s. One is the stock P-51 updated by Firepower to meet their standards (effects, flight model, etc). It uses all the stock textures. The other is a completely new model that was available only in the Firepower/Aircraft Power Pack. Check this thread: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?61212-Power-Pack-and-CFS3-Shockwave-P-51 It uses all new textures, all of which start with "sw_". If you don't have the new model, I highly recommend it. I hope this helps.

Daniel

Led Zeppelin
January 4th, 2012, 08:19
I have the RAF one too with the sharks mouth..
where is that one??!!

HouseHobbit
January 4th, 2012, 10:29
where is that one??!!

Here is the page(link)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=13702 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=lewis11777)

All the P-51 skins by John are in this upload..

Led Zeppelin
January 4th, 2012, 21:55
Really? Well, I'll have to double check this, I should have it on my HD because I have the other ones.

Old Tiger
January 5th, 2012, 05:37
Here is the page(link)

Hi Lewis, I know now you uploaded these and the skins were by John,
Thanks for these, I have had them downloaded for years..
Just got to building some standalones with them..

Thanks John for the skins and Lewis for the upload..
:applause: :applause: :applause:
:wavey:Hi Owen here are thP51D Firepower/Aircraft Power Pack skined by John and uploaded by Lewis :applause::applause: