PDA

View Full Version : 'The Only Cat That I'd Ever Own..'

Panther_99FS
December 28th, 2011, 12:31
Sorry cat lovers, but I'm a 100% dog man......:mixedsmi:That being said, if I ever did own a cat....this would be the one......:wavey:->http://www.a1savannahs.com/-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savannah_(cat)

hey_moe
December 28th, 2011, 12:42
I wonder how much food that cat eats and what the litter box looks like after a few days...lol

Blackbird686
December 28th, 2011, 13:19
My cat is half that size... (still big) and I have to clean the box once daily. He's as bad as a dog. But Savannah is a BIG KITTY.

BB686:USA-flag:

IFlySWA
December 28th, 2011, 13:24
Beautiful cat! :wiggle: I bet things would get crazy real quick if that kitty got hold of some catnip. :icon_eek:

Brian

PRB
December 28th, 2011, 13:31
That's a big kitty!

brad kaste
December 28th, 2011, 14:57
Looks like it belongs more in a zoo than a home......

magoo
December 28th, 2011, 16:06
...Fred Flinstone had a pet cat when they ran the credits....

Javis
December 28th, 2011, 16:06
A beautiful cat! Wow! According to its tail not a really very happy cat... Parents shouldn't let their childern play with a cat like it's some kind of toy....

Some years ago i got new, young neighbours. They had two cats, 'for their two young childern to play with....' Yeah, right! Took only a couple days for the two cats to discover that they could sit on the fairly high fence between the neighbours garden and mine to avoid having 'to play with the childern'. Took only a couple days more for the two cats to discover " Heee! No childern there on the other side of the fence.... just an ol' geezer quietly reading a book.... let's investigate some more.... "

Taking into account that i adore cats ( as well as dogs ) and my own cat died of old age (21 !) just a couple months before the new neighbours arrived, you can probabely guess the rest of the story... :)

cheers,
jan

Railrunner130
December 28th, 2011, 16:14
I was thinking of a cat built by Grumman....

hawkeye52
December 28th, 2011, 16:35
I was thinking of a cat built by Grumman....

Me too! :jump:

- H52

yank51
December 28th, 2011, 16:47
I'll bet that cat doesn't have too much trouble with dogs bothering it, eh?? lol:applause:

Willy
December 28th, 2011, 17:09
I'm not sure I'd want a Savannah around here. Our three Miniature Pinschers love to harrass cats and I'm not sure that their small unit tactics are up to handling a cat that size.

Daveroo
December 28th, 2011, 17:15
mymom had a siamease got her back in 1980,she lived for 22 years,but mom had lost several cats to the "new" (at that time) fourlane road below the house,so we had to put the cat on a leash or lead when she went outside,dad wouldnt allow an indoor only cat..and she spent the night in the garage,,litter box was out there as well...onetime a family friend left their kid to be babysat..she was like 7 yo..and wanted to "walk" the cat....i was not awhare of what was happening...and i had sat down in the livingroom,,looked out the sliderdoor and saw "julie" come around the corner with a leash in hand,,,and poor kizzie on her back..all four paws pointing skyward,,,beck stretched to the max,,,and being pulled along the concrete.....i hurried out ...stopped her from pulling on the leash so the cat could breathe and julie began crying and screaming and i got introuble...........

GT182
December 28th, 2011, 18:02
Beautiful cats. I'd love one, but the prices are out of this world.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/faint.gif Besides, it would probably out live me. LOL

One thing is for sure, they'd make most dogs run and hide. They are not a small cat.

So Panther, how many are you going to get? Save me a kitten out of your first litter. LOL

Roger
December 28th, 2011, 18:13
Just watched the video. If you know cats you'd know that that cat was agitated and not surprising really. Interesting cat but more interesting to me, for how incredibly stupid your average Homo Sapiens can be.

AndyG43
December 29th, 2011, 03:09
Just watched the video. If you know cats you'd know that that cat was agitated and not surprising really. Interesting cat but more interesting to me, for how incredibly stupid your average Homo Sapiens can be.

Totally agree, that is one unhappy kitty. The breed must be very good natured, because with the level of agitation that one is displaying I would have expected it to disembowel that child by now.

Daveroo, my (ex) in laws used to have an oriental spotted tabby, which is basically a siamese wearing a tabby coat. Like most oriental cats Basil had oodles of personality; my father in law used to take him out for dog-type walks but didn't nead the lead, the damn cat would walk to heel - they lived on a cul de sac, so I guess it was safer than your situation!! We worked under the assumption Basil thoiught he was part dog anyway; his best mate was the Golden Retriever next door, first thing he would do when let out in the morning was run next door and yowl for Harry to come out to play - the sight of the two animals playing used to stop passers by dead in their tracks, a dog & a cat rolling around on the grass together.

Daveroo
December 29th, 2011, 07:40
Totally agree, that is one unhappy kitty. The breed must be very good natured, because with the level of agitation that one is displaying I would have expected it to disembowel that child by now.

Daveroo, my (ex) in laws used to have an oriental spotted tabby, which is basically a siamese wearing a tabby coat. Like most oriental cats Basil had oodles of personality; my father in law used to take him out for dog-type walks but didn't nead the lead, the damn cat would walk to heel - they lived on a cul de sac, so I guess it was safer than your situation!! We worked under the assumption Basil thoiught he was part dog anyway; his best mate was the Golden Retriever next door, first thing he would do when let out in the morning was run next door and yowl for Harry to come out to play - the sight of the two animals playing used to stop passers by dead in their tracks, a dog & a cat rolling around on the grass together.

lol...i can "see".....my cat now..haley...i got her at 3 days old..she was way to young,,,same stupid girlfriend who poisened my bandit out of jealousy,took haley from her mother too soon..vet wanted to put her down because she was "to young for us to care for"...but i fed her with a eyedropper and then a baby bottle,,long story short.when i finally got away from that crasywoman,i had to leave haley behind as she was the daughters cat...but haley hated everyone in that house but myself,,so she just hid under the house until id show up to get something or sign papers,,and then haley would come up and want food and lovins..and then go hide again when i left...so CW had me take her.

first night at my new place ( my parents garage ...sigh)my mom took the kitchen garbage out..left the side door open and haley ran out.....i chased her all over the subdivision..last i saw her...she had run into a nieghbors gargae,,through the open kitchen door,and out the open back glass sliding door ( its hot here in summer),,across the lawn and under a fence and across the road....

i just went home with "whelled up eyes" figuring id never see her again....5 am the next moring....she was at the side door yowling loudly.....i let her in and she .....one has NOT left the yard since...and two..follows me everywhere i go in the yard,,,,littlerly under foot like a puppy...its cute to a point.....when i trip over her and fall on my ass......

Toastmaker
December 29th, 2011, 11:32
Panther - Really, it's ok that you're a "dog man". It is important to cats and cat lovers, that to have a richer and more satisfying life for us, there be dogs and dog lovers to laugh at. . .

Thanks for being there for us !

:applause:

TeaSea
December 29th, 2011, 11:59
My daughter wanted one of these and spent several weeks doing research into the breed. They are supposed to be very patient and good with kids, despite their size. She's a college cum law student, so she finally decided the size of the breed would not fit in with her tiny shared apartment lifestyle.

In the end she went to the shelter and found here a pretty little kitty, who comes to visit us on occasion. Since this is probably as close to a grandchild as I'm going to get for a while I'm taking the time to form a relationship with little kitty what's it's name.....(this involves sneaking pieces of ham off the table when kitty's grandma -- Mrs. TeaSea -- isn't looking).

Panther_99FS
December 29th, 2011, 16:26
Panther - Really, it's ok that you're a "dog man". It is important to cats and cat lovers, that to have a richer and more satisfying life for us, there be dogs and dog lovers to laugh at. . .

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: "No comment" about what us dog owners think.....:guinness:

Willy
December 29th, 2011, 20:30

Cats do make for a fun game of "Get the Kitty" with the dogs. At least the dogs think so.

redriver6
December 29th, 2011, 21:33
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: "No comment" about what us dog owners think.....:guinness:

you got a purty weird name for a cat hater:icon_lol:..

isn't it interesting that outside the domesticated cat/dog world...cats are not so lightly taken..

here puppy puppy puppy:kilroy:

Panther_99FS
December 30th, 2011, 07:20
you got a purty weird name for a cat hater:icon_lol:..

Wild & untamed.......:bump:

Daveroo
December 30th, 2011, 08:46
Wild & untamed.......:bump:

HA!!!!! yer marrried dude

SpitXIV
December 30th, 2011, 21:35
Other big cats the Ragdoll, and the Mainecoon. both are larger than normal domestic housecats

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine_Coon#Breed_description

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragdoll_cat#Physical_characteristics

FlyingFinn
January 1st, 2012, 03:11
zuiKbnA3w0Q

I'd love to have one of these, but their prices are high.. so, once I get to SoCal, I'll probably make do with a Maine Coon instead..