PDA

View Full Version : All Orbx Download Products 33% Off!

Tim-HH
December 26th, 2011, 11:54
Hi,

the Flightsimstore offers 33% off on all Orbx download products:

http://www.flightsimstore.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=92

The offer is valid until December 31, 2011.

Greetings
Tim

VCN-1
December 26th, 2011, 12:26
Thanks for the HU.

Excellent news.

VCN-1

TeiscoDelRay
December 26th, 2011, 12:54
For those that have them what would be the one to get if I could only get one, NW or New Zealand?

Murray Cod
December 26th, 2011, 13:09
now this is the sale I have been waiting for. thanks very much for the HU :salute:

I have only been to New Zealand in RL, so if I could afford only 1 I would get it. However these are Orbx products on sale so beg, borrow, steal, cash in your investments, do some pole dancing for drunken men with too much cash and too little eyesight, or whatever else it takes to buy them :)

cheers
MC

greenie
December 26th, 2011, 13:34
Hi TiescoDel Ray, depending on your computer specs . NZ seems to be a bit easier to fly smooth , but I would go for PNW . Why ?...there is already a selection of airports to be had and most people would fly the USA or Europe . I prefer the PNW scenery over the NZ although they are built to the same standards

OleBoy
December 26th, 2011, 13:52
This sale would have been more fitting prior to Christmas, rather then after. :a1451: At the listed sale price, I would have bought them all. I'm tapped.

Oh well.

jmig
December 26th, 2011, 14:46
I picked up several, including PAKT. Buy three and you get one free.
:jump:

Alan_A
December 26th, 2011, 16:12
I've been active in the AVSIM thread about the ORBX discounts so I won't belabor the point here - instead, will just say very simply that I think it's extremely poor business practice to aggressively promote a prepay discount (e.g. get your orders in before December 15 because the prepay discount won't be available after that)... then, less than two weeks later, put the same products on sale for a 33 percent discount... and when customers complain in the ORBX forums, reply with a huffy, condescending note to the effect that that's how business operates, I didn't complain when I saw an XBox game on sale, quit your whining. A poor set of business decisions compounded by poor customer relationship management. My opinion on the latter is professional, by the way.

Don't get me wrong - ORBX has every right to price things however they want. I have every right to rethink my loyalty to ORBX.

Not well done.

spotlope
December 26th, 2011, 16:53
On a related note, anyone who might have been fence-sitting about getting 7S3 Stark's Twin Oaks take note: I'm finishing up a patch for the scenery that removes the requirement to set the mesh resolution at 2m (it's 5m, like all the other Orbx stuff now). In addition, I've recolored the hi-res airport photoscenery, and added a bunch of NatureFlow grass. It looks, if I may say so, quite a bit better. Due to changes in how we're using ObjectFlow, coupled with switching off lights using the Day/Night switcher, the frame rates with this improved version are better on my rig, too.

I'll post some comparison shots on the FTX forums in the next day or so. The patch, like all of 'em, will be free for registered users.

warchild
December 26th, 2011, 17:10
I understand that emotions run high here, and I fully respect everyones right to express their opinions in a civilized adult manner. Before may more replies are made, i urge you all to consider your wording, because i'll slam this thread closed without so much as blinking..
Please lets do keep things civilized...
Thanks
Pam

greenie
December 26th, 2011, 17:31
Get ready to slam !...I have been a hardcore supporter since day 1. I remember the earlier forum where it was a communial site where even the odd business decision was taken over conversation within the forums. Much different now.
Back then I know people who bought two of the same item just to support and to help make sure this company survives.
All topics over at the Orbx forum relating to this have been locked so it is only here I can express my anger . Certainly feel like I have been done over . I paid well in excess of $200 on prepay , never again.
I still hope the company thrives but I wonder if they will have a lean year because I will not be the only one who will withhold their purchasing until the "after Christmas specials" from now on.

Felixthreeone
December 26th, 2011, 17:47
On a related note, anyone who might have been fence-sitting about getting 7S3 Stark's Twin Oaks take note: I'm finishing up a patch for the scenery that removes the requirement to set the mesh resolution at 2m (it's 5m, like all the other Orbx stuff now). In addition, I've recolored the hi-res airport photoscenery, and added a bunch of NatureFlow grass. It looks, if I may say so, quite a bit better. Due to changes in how we're using ObjectFlow, coupled with switching off lights using the Day/Night switcher, the frame rates with this improved version are better on my rig, too.

I'll post some comparison shots on the FTX forums in the next day or so. The patch, like all of 'em, will be free for registered users.

That is some great news, Bill! I will be looking forward to the patch...Nothing wrong with the scenery now as far as I am concerned, mind you....But improvements on such already excellent scenery are something to get excited about!

Phantom88
December 26th, 2011, 18:32
Quote from Mr Venema on how Orbx will conduct it's business in the new year and where you stand as a "Customer"
[Qoute]
Hello everyone,

In 2012 we're going to do things slightly differently, and keep everything a bit simpler:

We will no longer pre-announce any products in development
We will not announce release dates at all
We will no longer take pre-pays on any products, and the 15% discount will no longer be available as a result
We will conduct random sales at varying discount levels for varying periods of time without warning
We won't respond to any 'when will XXXX be released' posts at all; those posts will be referred to this one
We will tighten our forum moderation even further and continue with our zero-tolerance policy
Orbx does not rely on pre-pay revenue from its customers to fund development. If we ran the business like that we would have closed our doors quite some time ago. Orbx is fully funded by its shareholders and company owners/directors. Pre-pay was always offered as a benefit to the customer, not Orbx. However, we have deemed that having any sort of pre-pay scheme creates finite delivery expectations for some customers and also a distraction to our developers, so we've abolished it. We failed to meet our internal 6-week maximum delivery period this past month on some products, and we're not pleased that occurred at all. These policy changes have been planned for quite some time.

I'd like to note that Orbx does not sell 'relationships' with its customers, just the finest quality scenery and airports with the best support. You purchase our products; we support it. Please don't expect anything more than that from our company. We are a business selling quality FS addons, not an internet dating site http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

If you begin to see numerous preview screenshots on our preview forums, that is a sign a product will be released soon. We will release products "when they are done", and when the development and testing team agree to a minimum standard of finish. We will remove all deadline pressure from developers so they can focus on releasing bug-free products that are as robust as possible.

We intend to release more products in 2012 than we did in 2011 for both FSX and P3D. FSX remains our core platform and will do so for many years to come.
[/end Quote]

skyhawka4m
December 26th, 2011, 18:43
Hmmmmm.......not sure as a paying and faithful customer I'm to happy with this. I just have to wonder why the "secrecy" issue is so important.

greenie
December 26th, 2011, 19:02
"Pre-pay was always offered as a benefit to the customer, not Orbx".....which contradicts their earlier claim that it was about combating piracy.

OleBoy
December 26th, 2011, 20:07
This is a controversial topic. It's like the price of petrol fuels. The only time people complain is when they shell out the cash after paying (or prior too) If you don't like the price, get a bicycle. LOL!

Alan_A
December 26th, 2011, 20:18
I understand that emotions run high here, and I fully respect everyones right to express their opinions in a civilized adult manner. Before may more replies are made, i urge you all to consider your wording, because i'll slam this thread closed without so much as blinking..
Please lets do keep things civilized...
Thanks
Pam

You'll get no grief from me, Pam. I've made my points here and elsewhere and that's it. I'm disappointed in their pricing policy and moreso in the way they've chosen to communicate with and about customers. It's too bad, because I have been and continue to be a fan and supporter of the company and its products.

And with that, I'm out.

kludger
December 26th, 2011, 20:48

Thanks for the update and continued support Bill. Stark's is still one of my favorites and I picked up Cushman Meadows today based on that, after all is said I wasn't upset about my prepays being in the sale but the official comments are a bit sharp, as I did consider myself an ORBX supporter but don't tell JV that, if my wife thought all the time I spend flying the PNW and hanging out on the forum was related to me thinking it was a dating site, then my FSX days would be over :-)

wombat666
December 26th, 2011, 22:10
What Pam said.
The place to make your feelings known is not here.
As always, there are winners and losers when this happens.
Play nice people.
:kilroy:

olaf1924
December 26th, 2011, 22:24
Alice springs for me as this will be the first add-on for au red my favorite area. I no the sale stinks to some people , but half the planes I purchased over the years for cfs2,cfs3, and fsx are now freeware. Pc aviator has many scenery titles and aircraft on sale from 50 to 60% off ,so it is not just orbx having a year end sale. :salute:

TeaSea
December 27th, 2011, 16:14
Orbx sort of caught me out last purchase when I found PNW on sale two weeks after I purchased it....I was sort of miffed, but then again Wal Mart and Sears has done it to me also. Bottom line, it's a good product, they're a creative organization, and it's one of my most enjoyable upgrades (REX is running a close second).

Question is, Rocky Mtns North or Rocky Mtns Central?

wombat666
December 27th, 2011, 18:57
Alice springs for me as this will be the first add-on for au red my favorite area. I no the sale stinks to some people , but half the planes I purchased over the years for cfs2,cfs3, and fsx are now freeware. Pc aviator has many scenery titles and aircraft on sale from 50 to 60% off ,so it is not just orbx having a year end sale. :salute:

The 'Alice' doesn't appear to be on the 'Sale' list.
I haven't checked the Orbx site yet but I'd be thinking this a Flightsimstore promotion and not necessarily an Orbx one.

PS: Well, 'The Alice' is discounted along with a load of stuff on the Orbx site ........... :banghead:

Alan_A
December 27th, 2011, 19:56
Alice shows up discounted for me at the Flightsim Store - marked down to $22.05 AUD. Are you sure you're clicking on the download version? The DVD isn't out yet so there's no discount posted for it.

mfitch
December 27th, 2011, 20:33
Central Rockies and Skagit Regional are now downloading for me. My connection is slow today, so I guess I will have to be patient.

falcon409
December 27th, 2011, 20:42
. . . . . .I'd like to note that Orbx does not sell 'relationships' with its customers, just the finest quality scenery and airports with the best support. You purchase our products; we support it. Please don't expect anything more than that from our company. We are a business selling quality FS addons, not an internet dating site. . . . . . . . . .[/end Quote]
Isn't it just as important to cultivate a good customer relationship? The sarcasm in the last sentence was unnecessary! Ironically I was about to go look at purchasing several of the PNW related areas I had wanted to buy and then spotted this post before I got there. As much as I love the stuff they've done and respect the talents of those designers. . . .I'll put what little money I have towards another company.

Naki
December 28th, 2011, 01:35
Isn't it just as important to cultivate a good customer relationship? The sarcasm in the last sentence was unnecessary! Ironically I was about to go look at purchasing several of the PNW related areas I had wanted to buy and then spotted this post before I got there. As much as I love the stuff they've done and respect the talents of those designers. . . .I'll put what little money I have towards another company.

Ditto...it seems they are treating cutomers with contempt. I don't have a problem with prepaid products been heavily discounted shortly after been released but sarcasm just gets up my nose..

robcap
December 28th, 2011, 02:51
You purchase our products; we support it. Please don't expect anything more than that from our company. We are a business selling quality FS addons, not an internet dating site http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png I think it would always be nice when people like to come to your forums, not only to get company announcements, but to be part of a community, feel 'at home' there. It has nothing to do with 'being a dating site', and indeed, the very thought is condescending.

Tim-HH
December 28th, 2011, 02:56
They have just changed their agenda for 2012 (http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/40585-2012/page__view__findpost__p__355921) from...

We will conduct random sales at varying discount levels for varying periods of time without warning

..to:

We will conduct only one more sale in 2012, then Orbx will never again conduct another sale.

No idea what changed their mind on this :blind:

Greetings
Tim

stiz
December 28th, 2011, 03:05
well, does stop all the "i purchased at full price then a week later it was 50% off!!" posts :mixedsmi:

TeaSea
December 28th, 2011, 03:06
Ah well.....

I was intrigued by the concept of internet dating through Orbx though.....:mixedsmi:

robcap
December 28th, 2011, 04:04
Ah well.....

I was intrigued by the concept of internet dating through Orbx though.....:mixedsmi: heheh, in hindsight you are right:kilroy:

falcon409
December 28th, 2011, 04:52
What Pam said.
The place to make your feelings known is not here. . . . . . . . .

In general terms I agree with you Wombat, however, it appears that the Orbyx Forums are no longer "Customer Friendly" either based on their new Business model. Their condescending attitude has turned me off to any future purchases. As noted, I love the work the designers have produced. It is the best and a benchmark for future scenery addons, but I will enjoy what I already purchased and move on to other companies who are more appreciative of the people who made them what they are.:salute:

mal998
December 28th, 2011, 06:11
I have been an Orbx customer since their inception. I have purchased most of their scenery, some at sale price, some at full price. Over the years I have bought thousands of dollars worth of scenery and planes for sims dating back to '95.

Most have been at full price. Sometimes I paid full price only to see them go on sale 3 days later. But onced purchased, I never looked back. I have dealt personally with John V. several times over the years. I have always found him to be polite, professional and more than willing to help.

I have never seen nor heard him put forth such a hard-boiled statement and tone.

IMHO, something or someone must have really gotten under his skin.

Bone
December 28th, 2011, 07:22

I agree. I made a post but deleted it, because I failed to be as diplomatic as you.

big-mike
December 28th, 2011, 07:26

That were the two threads he has deleted,where many people--me too--have discussed
his 33%Sale for everything,just one day after the latest release of the Prepay products.
But i don`t want to discuss this any longer---as an ex-customer.
Michael

mal998
December 28th, 2011, 07:50
As a final thought; I will not deprive myself the pleasure of flying over the first-rate scenery Orbx produces simply because I find the CEO's tone objectionable, or don't agree with some corporate decisions made by upper management.

Lots of people do lots of things that I don't agree with but I somehow find a way to not "cut off my nose to spite my face" in order to deal with things I find objectionable. :-)

Bone
December 28th, 2011, 08:17
As a final thought; I will not deprive myself the pleasure of flying over the first-rate scenery Orbx produces simply because I find the CEO's tone objectionable, or don't agree with some corporate decisions made by upper management.

Lots of people do lots of things that I don't agree with but I somehow find a way to not "cut off my nose to spite my face" in order to deal with things I find objectionable. :-)

LOL. Now you're starting to sound like me.

mal998
December 28th, 2011, 10:53
LOL. Now you're starting to sound like me.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Mithrin
December 28th, 2011, 11:30
No matter what your customers say you still need to treat them with respect out in public unless you are a millionair who doesn't care about making money lol.

I see the thread I posted on and that was genuinly not bad, just people voicing their concerns about the 2012 statements, has now been deleted as well. I am sure there was one bad post on it but instead of deleting that one post they take it as an excuse to wipe the entire thread. That's just limiting people's freedom to express themselves. Now I know John has been clear about his intentions to run his forum strictly. Fine, he owns the place. Doesn't mean I will keep up with it.

Developers in this very shallow market should have learned their lesson by now. This has happened before. It's so simple. You make something, you get to love it, you grow protective of it. Fine. This is where you force yourself to shut up and step away from the forum whenever someone criticize you and this is why companies have PR folks who look neat and talk crap but in a real smooth way. ;) It's really simple to create a hidden board where you can rant and roar about your beloved ******* customers and where you can formulate a normal response and discuss this with your fellow developers.

Community manager/moderator anyone?

hey_moe
December 28th, 2011, 11:43
You guys gotta stop airing your problems here. This is not the place for that. I feel if you have a problem with that site or product you need to go there not here. Please refrain from taking this any further.For some reason about this time of the year we have a few members who like to see who or what they piss on.Some of us are tired of getting wet..thanks Mike
No matter what your customers say you still need to treat them with respect out in public unless you are a millionair who doesn't care about making money lol.

I see the thread I posted on and that was genuinly not bad, just people voicing their concerns about the 2012 statements, has now been deleted as well. I am sure there was one bad post on it but instead of deleting that one post they take it as an excuse to wipe the entire thread. That's just limiting people's freedom to express themselves. Now I know John has been clear about his intentions to run his forum strictly. Fine, he owns the place. Doesn't mean I will keep up with it.

Developers in this very shallow market should have learned their lesson by now. This has happened before. It's so simple. You make something, you get to love it, you grow protective of it. Fine. This is where you force yourself to shut up and step away from the forum whenever someone criticize you and this is why companies have PR folks who look neat and talk crap but in a real smooth way. ;) It's really simple to create a hidden board where you can rant and roar about your beloved ******* customers and where you can formulate a normal response and discuss this with your fellow developers.

Community manager/moderator anyone?

Mithrin
December 28th, 2011, 12:17
The reason some of us post our trouble here is because it gets deleted overthere. Just a thought. ;)

Mithrin
December 28th, 2011, 14:32
Just to prove my point hey_moe and this is the last thing I want to say about it but I guess I need it off my chest. Check their General Discussions. The good and happy thank you threads stay but too much criticism and entire threads get wiped. I am honestly done with them. No more purchases.

Instead my money went to Pacific Island Simulations. Here's what I posted. It was taken offline within 30 seconds, no kidding. They lost a once very loyal customer.

Dear John,

I wasn’t going to make a fuss about me leaving the forum. However I came home looking for updates to the thread about no more sales. I see it is entirely gone now. Once again instead of moderating a topic and eliminating bad posts it has been removed altogether. I feel this is an easy way for you (as in Orbx) to get rid of any negativity concerning your company. Even if this isn’t true, which is something only you know, then it still looks that way to me.
I just hope you realize that any of those people voicing their concern are your customers. Me personally I feel like my post has been treated equally as whatever post it was that caused you to delete this thread. I do like to be able to express my praise and my concern when needed, however I got silenced instead.

This is a shallow market and I imagine you can’t afford to lose too many customers. There have been developers before who got upset and tough at their customers. It never ended well. I do understand that you grow to love something when you create something beautiful from the ground up. So yeah, you get protective about it. I really do understand that. This is where hidden subforums come into view though. I am sure you have those for your moderators and developers. It’s the perfect place to be honest and blow of steam whenever someone disses your product or ideas. Formulate your response there and talk it over with the rest of the gang. It allows you time to cool down and present yourself with dignity. And if that even doesn’t work then install a community manager.

I’ve never liked the strict policy of this forum but it was ok. I signed up to this forum so I agreed to fall under its rules after all. Nothing is perfect in this world, however the tone at which you handled criticism as expressed by some other forum members lately has changed my mind. I’m done. It’s also a decision that formed over a long period of time.

I’ve already asked JayKae to delete my account one or two days ago and even said I was doing it through pm as I didn’t want to bring out any negativity in the forum. But I feel like I have to speak up. I’m sorry but I’m done with Orbx. Morals over quality products.

I am not mad, upset, angry or insane. Just disappointed.

All the best.
Erik Hardenbol.
(owner of 33 Orbx products)

N2056
December 28th, 2011, 14:51
I've been quiet lately as I have needed a break. I guess break time is over...

After watching this topic both here and elsewhere it is totally understandable that when you feel your ideal route (Orbx forums) is no longer available you look for an alternate. Understand that we are only going to be an alternate on this issue for so long. Over the last couple of days I think anyone that has wanted to express an opinion has had opportunity to do so. Assorted staff members have already made comments here, and now it's my turn.

The horse looks pretty dead to me. I highly doubt that anything said here is going to change things. Expect that this will be closing up pretty soon at this rate.

Phantom88
December 28th, 2011, 15:24
N2056 I Agree,I think the discussion has run it's course here and at Avsim,I for One will take my feelings for the way Orbx treats it's "customers" to the forum that counts.The One that you voice your opinion with your wallet.

Meshman
December 28th, 2011, 15:42
blah, blah, blah...

Instead my money went to Pacific Island Simulations. blah, blah, blah

Not discounting anything else that was written, just glad to see another (small) developer get some love. :applause:

TeaSea
December 29th, 2011, 05:40
Regards potential Admin actions (and I'm not an admin so you can simply ignore me -- I won't be offended), as a previous poster has indicated, people post here because they feel they can, which means you're doing a good job. I would hesitate to shut down or curtail any thread simply on the basis of some criticism, as long as that criticism is in keeping with the conduct of the forum. We don't take personal shots, we don't use foul language, we don't go out of our way to be offensive or go out of our way to be offended, we stay polite and voice our concerns or opinions. Unless the topic is totally out of the realm, I would encourage you to let things run. Companies like Orbx, which are good companies, need this whether they like it or not.

It seems to me that Orbx timing of their sale was ill-concieved and gives the impression of having broken faith with their pre-pay customers. Certainly I don't believe that was their intent but that's the impression many are left with. They then handed it poorly (in this they are not unique). This had nothing to do with how they manage their pricing margins but rather with how you manage people. Every business that sells retail has to do that, it must be core to their business model. I would encourage Orbx to conduct a little after action review before they commit to any long term policy to avoid the knee jerk reaction that comes through raised emotions. I would also expect customers of Orbx (which includes me) to remember that you don't get something for nothing and that a business often has to take action based on circumstance you may be totally unaware of.

A personal response to Orbx's is a personal response. My personal response is to take advantage of the current sale as it dovetails nicely with other items I'm interested in. I personally have decided that rather than limit myself to just the Northern or Central Rockies that I'll get both! The impact of their sale to me personally is that I will purchase these products earlier rather than later, and bundled rather than individually.

I'm not sure if that was part of Orbx's intent, but it works for me!

TeiscoDelRay
December 30th, 2011, 17:27
What nw versions should I get to have a continues series?

Roger
December 31st, 2011, 03:12
All of them! They do make a difference.

jmig
December 31st, 2011, 05:12
Well, I took advantage of buying some add-on airports from the sale. I guess that I too would be miffed if I had just purchased and found it on sale a week later. However, this happens at every department store in the country. I have seen some give you a guarantee that if the price goes lower within 30 days, they will refund you the difference. In hindsight, this would have been a good policy for Orbx/FTX.

My experience with John Venema is that he will go out of his way to help the customer. Hopefully, they will learn for this unpleasant experience and become an even better company.

ColoKent
December 31st, 2011, 06:52
....I just went NUTS and bought Pac Fjords, RMN, RMC, and pretty much all Australian airports (already had all regions of Australia).

As for JV's post-- there appears to be no way to respond over on ORBX's boards, as they look to be "conveniently" down at this time...not a good harbinger of things to come.

Kent

LATER EDIT: I found a ay to get onto ORBX's boards. JV removed the "dating" reference-- good on him... As always, the key seems to be civility.

mal998
December 31st, 2011, 08:18
I picked up Central Rocky Mountains....couldn't help myself.

ColoKent
December 31st, 2011, 08:35
Yep...there is no doubt their products take FSX to a new level!

Kent

ryanbatc
December 31st, 2011, 12:59
Well I ended up buying KBVS 7S3 and 0S9 during their sale. They got me lol

TeaSea
December 31st, 2011, 13:03
Well, I took advantage of buying some add-on airports from the sale. I guess that I too would be miffed if I had just purchased and found it on sale a week later. However, this happens at every department store in the country. I have seen some give you a guarantee that if the price goes lower within 30 days, they will refund you the difference. In hindsight, this would have been a good policy for Orbx/FTX.

Very good point and the one I was trying to make, although you managed to state it much more clearly. If you've inadvertently made a customer error or created the appearance of one -- learn from it, move on and try and make good where you can. The one thing everyone has agreed to is that these are excellent products. Just clumsy on customer relations in this one incidence. Their customer strength I think is quick technical support, and their willingness to let you use portions of the software gratis to see how you like it (and if your system will support it)...also, lots of little freebies designed to work with your packages.

TeiscoDelRay,

The "continuous series" I've settled on is the Northwest U.S. There are four packages and multiple airfield additions in these areas. So, Pacific Fiords, Pacific Northwest, Northern Rockies, Central Rockies covers a contiguous area of the US and Canada. It's just a pretty part of the country. You should be able to go google some reviews of the software and there will be maps that laydown the actual coverage and where they meet up.

Now, explaining this purchase to your wife is your problem..... :)

AussieMan
December 31st, 2011, 15:07
To me the ORBX sale reminds me of running a car ..... You run around all the week on the one tank of petrol closely watching the fuel gauge knowing there will be a discount cycle 'soon'. It gets down to below 1/4 full and you start to panic and duck into the first service station you come to and spend maybe $100 to fill your tank.

You drive down the street next morning and see that petrol is 15 cents a litre cheaper. Yes I get a bit miffed about that but in the words of an Aussie shock jock "That's life, learn to live with it"

My oldest son used his credit card and purchased YWOL for me on Christmas morning. The next day my Christmas giving continued when I visited my youngest son's place to deliver their presents and he gave me a $50 gift card. When I got home I jumped online and purchased YBAS. Went to the ORBX forums that night and you guessed it. Their 33% off sale was starting the next day.

P****d off? No.

Angry? Yes at myself for forgetting that ORBX ALWAYS have a post Christmas sale with anythin from 20% to 50% off their products. Instead the next day I went online and purchased S52 with the balance of ny gift card.

I only get angry when hot heads use these forums to vent their spleen and bag a company who is trying to do their best to make a great hobby even better. And because of this ORBX has, and always have my full support.

EDIT: For the imformation of people here ..... yes John Venema and I have locked horns on several occasions both on the ORBX and the original VOZ forums. I have also been asked by him to take a couple of weeks break and cool down.

robcap
December 31st, 2011, 16:32
I got South Island today. I agree with what Pat says, it's not that big a deal.
Maybe John V got pissed off, and vented it in a harsh way, but I saw on their forum he made some changes to his earlier statements. That's good.
What they make is top notch. Now lets thrive for peace on earth, also in all forums we participate in :wavey:. Happy New Year.

Cheers, Rob

mfitch
December 31st, 2011, 21:05
My new additions were CRM (so I have all four regions) and KBVS. Today I got to test CRM finally. This was delayed by FSX issues, and my use of real time weather which has been bad. My most recent flight was from Yakima to Walla Walla which are both places I have visited. I need to leave from Walla Walla again though, so I can view the wind turbines.

KBVS was fun yesterday. In combination with the Anacortes scenery I could recognize the route in to my in-laws place in Oak Harbor.