PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Container manager

Brian_Gladden
December 26th, 2011, 05:47
Anyone still have a copy of the original install file? I have my license and key but I cannot locate the original download. (New Computer or the old one) Simmarket no longer has a link I can download from.

Thanks

Brian_Gladden
December 26th, 2011, 06:05
Sigh.... Never mind. After some googling, I found out it won't run on windows 7... Crud

UKVoodoo
December 26th, 2011, 06:39
Sigh.... Never mind. After some googling, I found out it won't run on windows 7... Crud

I feel your pain after trying to get it to work on my new system too :(

hairyspin
December 26th, 2011, 07:23
If your hardware supports virtualisation, you could possibly run it under XP emulation in Win7 - look up this at MS (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/default.aspx) for details. Me, I kept my XP disk and another HD...

Firebar
December 26th, 2011, 07:42
I got it to run on windows 7 without any emulation. I put this in a post a while ago (had to look through my posts list to find it):

I got ACM going on my Win7x64 laptop by installing it on the XP desktop I'm networked with at home, then copying the files across to the laptop. I had to download vcl40.bpl vcljpg40.bpl and vclx40.bpl to get it to work though.

PutPut
December 26th, 2011, 08:00

That's right. After all this time I still run dual boot with Win7 and XP. I have XP and ACM on a separate drive.

Best, Paul

PutPut
December 26th, 2011, 08:05
I got it to run on windows 7 without any emulation. I put this in a post a while ago (had to look through my posts list to find it):

I got ACM going on my Win7x64 laptop by installing it on the XP desktop I'm networked with at home, then copying the files across to the laptop. I had to download vcl40.bpl vcljpg40.bpl and vclx40.bpl to get it to work though.

I got excited when I saw this, so I copied ACM from my XP drive to my Win7 64bit drive and added the 3 .bpl files you mentioned and it didn't work.:icon_eek: Anything else in the mix I should know? BTW, the .bpl files show as malware on my system so I dumped them after the trial.

Best, Paul

Firebar
December 26th, 2011, 08:09
I honestly can't think of anything else, apart from maybe the version? Mine was patched to V2.3

OBIO
December 26th, 2011, 08:10
ACM will run under Win 7 just fine.....it just won't install under Win 7 using the original 8- or 16-bit installer. I was able to create a new 32-bit installer to get ACM to install under Win 7. I used a freeware application called WinInstall LE from Scalable. WinInstall LE used to be owned by Microsoft, but was bought by Scalable some time back.

YOu can get Win Install LE here:

http://www.scalable.com/softwaredownload/download-wininstall-le

To create a new 32-bit installer for ACM, or any other Legacy software that has older non-Win 7 compliant installers, you will need access to a system running Win XP, that does not have the software you want to repackage on it.

Install Win Install LE. Run a Before Scan with Win Install....the program will make a record of every single file on the system, every entry in the registry, etc.

Once the Before Scan is done, install the program you want to repackage.

Once that is installed, run an After Scan with Win Install. The program will find all the new files and entries and copy them to a new folder and then you can use Win Install LE to create a brand new MSI installer.

OBIO

SSI01
December 26th, 2011, 08:16
I'm a little late to this party, but this looks interesting. I have a very large number of aircraft in an external hangar, away from FS9, and it would be nice to run this in conjunction with that external hangar to remember what's in there and use the visualizations to help choose aircraft for flight.

Questions:
1)Where do you find this software?
2)Is it freeware/payware?
3)What specifically does this program do?
4)Will it run on Windows XP?
5)Is there any limit to the number of aircraft folders it will support?

PutPut
December 26th, 2011, 08:30
I honestly can't think of anything else, apart from maybe the version? Mine was patched to V2.3

I'm running v2.5 which was the last supported version. I think the real question is: where did you install the .bpl files?

Best, Paul

Firebar
December 26th, 2011, 08:38
straight into the same folder as the acm .exe file

PutPut
December 26th, 2011, 10:58
OK, I got this to work per your instructions. The .bpl files I downloaded were not good but I didn't need them. I copied my XP folder called Aircraft Container Manager into my FS Utilities folder in Win7. I then found the 3 requires .bpl files in Win XP Sys 32. I scanned them with AVG and my malware program; they were OK. I copied those files into the new Win7 ACM folder. EGAD! It works. I just had to tell ACM where the FS9 folder was since it is on another hard drive.

Many Thanks, Paul :guinness::icon29::medals:

hairyspin
December 26th, 2011, 11:33
:jump: :jump: OBIO and Firebar, thank you very much indeed!

XP is dwindling in importance to me daily, I only need it for CFS3's .MOS editor now...

Brian_Gladden
December 26th, 2011, 15:47
WOO HOO... got the runtimes in the right place and ACM now works on my Win7 system :jump:

magoo
December 27th, 2011, 11:19
Similar here.

Copied ACM over from an XP powered laptop, tossed in the runtimes, and voila..!! Efficiency of operation has returned. It's Vista64 on my sim system, and ACM sits on a "D" drive next to the FS9 folder, not even remotely close to Program Files (x86). Works wonderfully nevertheless...!!

Thanks fellas, it's like having a big splinter pulled out after living with it for a few years.

:guinness::guinness::guinness::medals:

fliger747
December 28th, 2011, 23:48
Have to give this a shot, the dear departed ACM is/was a very useful tool!

Cheers: T

UKVoodoo
December 29th, 2011, 03:54
Thanks again everyone

Installed onto an external usb drive via my girlfriends netbook, added the files needed then plugged the usb into my PC with Win7 installed and it works like a dream :jump::jump::jump:

familton
June 17th, 2013, 18:04
Thanks again everyone

Installed onto an external usb drive via my girlfriends netbook, added the files needed then plugged the usb into my PC with Win7 installed and it works like a dream :jump::jump::jump:

Hi. I know this is an old thread. I just came across it. Maybe you are still monitoring it. I had ACM 2.5 on my old XP computer. I just copied it over from some saved files and it works fine on WIN7 64 bit. I did not add the three bpl files. It works fine on FS9 planes in FSX but won't read native FSX models. Does yours read FSX native models when you put the three bpl's in the ACM folder? Best regards, Bob.

Navtech
June 18th, 2013, 21:03
when you put the three bpl's in the ACM folder
Methink those 3 files were just for solve OS problem .. but have nothing to do with ACM itself ... IMHO

familton
June 18th, 2013, 22:10
Hi. Ok. That's what I thought. Regards, bob.

Cees Donker
July 25th, 2015, 13:46
I managed to get the old proggy working in demo mode with the help of the thee .bpl files. As the new version will be freeware, How do I get a key for this older version??

Cees

TARPSBird
July 25th, 2015, 15:59
Cees, check your PM box. :untroubled:

Gringo6
August 23rd, 2015, 16:17
Has anybody figured out how to use ACM on 64 bit systems like Win 8.1? So far as I can tell it isn't
possible.

I'm using AirWrench right now but would love the opportunity to be able to buy and use ACM. My recollection
places it much quicker and easier. Too bad technology has forced it out.

I do have an old computer with Windows ME that could run ACM if I could get a copy.

Does anybody want to sell me their fully functioning copy of ACM ? I'm interested.

Navtech
August 23rd, 2015, 19:13
Check your PM box

Gringo6
August 24th, 2015, 12:45
Dear TARPSBird - I'd like to take you up on your offer but can;t seem to get the PM
button to work. My email address is: "agerton1 (at) flash (dot )net". I can get PM to work
to receive - just cannot send.

Thanks,

TARPSBird
August 24th, 2015, 14:17
Gringo, check your regular email.
And probably a good idea to delete your previous post since it contains your email address. :encouragement:

Tom Clayton
August 24th, 2015, 15:42
I edited the email to try to obfuscate it in the eyes of the troll bots...

TARPSBird
August 25th, 2015, 01:53
Thanks Tom. :encouragement:

Willy
August 25th, 2015, 03:29
I edited the email to try to obfuscate it in the eyes of the troll bots...

I did a little more to it just to make sure.

What's this Cees was saying about ACM becoming freeware? I missed it when it was available before.

swagler
March 28th, 2018, 14:17
Download InstallShield 3: www.ryankempt.com/downloads/Is3Engine.zip
Decompress Is3Engine.zip
Copy setup32.exe into ACM Setup directory (needs to be writable drive).

Execute setup32.exe, which starts ACM Setup
Installs ACM on Win7 x64 perfectly.

Reference : http://blog.ryankempt.com/2013/12/64-bit-windows-unsupported-16-bit.html