PDA

View Full Version : So what did Santa bring you all?

crashaz
December 25th, 2011, 10:09
Apparently Santa knows me pretty well. For those that know me... they know where this present ranks all time. Biggest U.S.S Arizona model they make. :jump:

Willy
December 25th, 2011, 10:17
A box of 20 gauge shotgun shells that I can't use :icon_lol:. My double barrel 20 gauge was made just before WWII and the shells I got were modern steel shot. You don't mix steel shot with older guns as it will destroy the chokes in the barrels.

But still it was the thought that counts and they meant well. I'll either find something to use them in or someone that can use them.

Also got a new coffee cup along with a few other things. (I think they're trying to get me to give up my old stained plastic coffee cup that I've had for 20 years now)

crashaz
December 25th, 2011, 10:37
Funny you brought up shotguns... bought my brother a Mossberg 930 SPX... I know who to find when the zombies come. :icon_lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a1ISVfefcs&feature=related

paiken
December 25th, 2011, 12:13
I won't go into the irony of a Japanese model of the Arizona.

SpitXIV
December 25th, 2011, 12:24
How many parts in the model? have fun. I like ship models next to airplane models.

Prowler1111
December 25th, 2011, 12:35
a brand new G-Pen M712X 12" x 7" dual model multimedia tablet...
..and assorted star wars action figures..

Best regards

Prowler

noddy
December 25th, 2011, 13:13
Bugger all, guess I must of been a bad boy!!!!

OBIO
December 25th, 2011, 14:28
I got the final Harry Potter DVD and a cook book from Deb....the cook book is a Man's Cook Book...one recipe calls for two cans of chili, 1 can of beer, chili peppers and some canned biscuits....the recipe is can Mexi Can Bake...but I will call it Fartin Fajitas.

From my mother-in-law and father-in-law I got a 5 pound bag of gourmet mixed nuts, 5 pounds of quality Amish cheese (baby swiss and horseradish..yum yum), 2 aircraft models (Grumman F-11F Tiger and North American F-86D Sabre Dog) and an aircraft book (The World's Greatest Aircraft by Christoper Chant).

For me, the best part of this Christmas was not a gift I got, but one I gave. I got my 5-year old great nephew one of those little IR controlled helicopters. You should have heard him when he saw it. He was blown away....even though he had just opened a RC car thingie and was excited about that...when he saw the little RC helo, his excitement level went through the roof! Yeah...I've been waiting a month and a half to see him open that present.

OBIO

demorier
December 25th, 2011, 14:43
Shorts, shirt and goat milk soap---heaps of chocolates.

Ferry_vO
December 25th, 2011, 14:53
Three days of R&R! The family's either on vacation or working so no obligations for me!

CG_1976
December 25th, 2011, 15:47
X-mas for me here In Iqaluit with my son was great. My wife who is finishing off shipping our stuff from Green Bay to Iqaluit sent me a First Air 737 from Ottawa with gifts. The biggest of which bought a smile to me. 750 lbs of NE WI Assorted Cheese and yep Beer from around WI two skids worth, a state flag of WI from the Governor. Eh he owed me, I sent him a Nunavut flag. Some special packer gifts for local children here courtesy of the Packers and gifts to the RCMP here from GB finest PD. I love the season Not just receiving but the great feeling also of giving and sharing.

Daveroo
December 25th, 2011, 16:00
1/72nd scale storch from flying mule and an invatation to go visit the warehouse with a tour with the owner to come..a hat with built in light to see in the dark so i wont break myself as i go from the house to the rv after dark...itunes gift card that i have no use for...and a calendar..

Wing_Z
December 25th, 2011, 17:14
My daughter has a wonderful sense of humour, and knows that I am just a grown-up kid.
This year she gave me Space Spider, which is a little IR-controlled car looking like a cross between a Ferrari F40 and a Batmobile.
You switch it on, place it on the ceiling - yes you read right - and see how difficult it is to navigate upside down past all those things you never thought existed in the lounge roof.

It has skirts all round the car, and a fan that, a la Chaparral vacuum car, sucks it to the surface.
A complete blast, it also goes up walls.

OBIO
December 25th, 2011, 17:49
I forgot to mention on "gift" I got today. THE WIG. When Deb was in the hospital following her brain surgery, and her head was still mostly bald from being shaved for the surgery...someone gave her a wig to wear so she would not be so Cranially Naked. Would have been a nice thing..if the wig did not look like Mrs. Harper on Momma's Family (as played by Vickie Lawrence). THE WIG has become the official gag gift of the family...being gifted and regifted for the last 3 years. Today, I got THE WIG from my brother-in-law, Jeff, who got it last year. So, next Christmas, I will give THE WIG to someone as a gag gift. That is if I can keep it safe for the coming year....when I carried THE WIG home, Hazel (our 8-pound female Chihuahua) instantly took a grab at it thinking it was some kind of fuzzy toy for her pleasure.

OBIO

I may have to get Deb to take a picture of me wearing THE WIG and post if so you all can enter the coming new year laughing your heads off.

Flyboy208
December 25th, 2011, 18:19
I got a very nice gift card for REI, to prepare me for my Appalachian Trail aspirations ... Mike

crashaz
December 25th, 2011, 20:07
I won't go into the irony of a Japanese model of the Arizona.

Chinese actually. I too would think about the irony of Japanese manufacturing. :icon_lol:

Milton Shupe
December 25th, 2011, 20:11
Again this year, Santa brought us the good fortune of gift giving opportunity. My wife and I do not exchange gifts as we have everything we need, mainly the basics in life.

But we are fortunate enough on a limited basis to be able to help the needy, disabled, and hungry and that was our gift to others this year.
We donated through the United Way 211 to the very needy, to the local soup kitchen, to calling cards for vets, and to help pay to shelter animals.

We love the practicality of this approach as it requires nothing from others to us in exchange, and of course, there is nothing to clean up or maintain afterwards. :)

But most of all, it is the satisfaction of helping others less fortunate, including animals.

Happy New Year everyone :)

crashaz
December 25th, 2011, 20:18
Sounds great Milton! Cheers to you and the wife for your helping others. Have a great New Year!!

stiz
December 25th, 2011, 23:16
My daughter has a wonderful sense of humour, and knows that I am just a grown-up kid.
This year she gave me Space Spider, which is a little IR-controlled car looking like a cross between a Ferrari F40 and a Batmobile.
You switch it on, place it on the ceiling - yes you read right - and see how difficult it is to navigate upside down past all those things you never thought existed in the lounge roof.

It has skirts all round the car, and a fan that, a la Chaparral vacuum car, sucks it to the surface.
A complete blast, it also goes up walls.

that sounds fantastic fun!! :jump:

I got a really nice painting from a member of me dads art club of a stirling (piccy if you have no idea what one is http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/32/Short_Stirling_bomber_N6101.jpg/300px-Short_Stirling_bomber_N6101.jpg ), also got an aviation calander, a "red cross parcel" containing various tins and bathroom stuff, and a few other little things :)

hairyspin
December 26th, 2011, 07:46
I got Tony Buttler, David Collins and Martin Derry's beautiful book on the DH.103 Hornet and Sea Hornet. I now have all the really good references for this aircraft and am running out of excuses to not model it for CFS....

n4gix
December 26th, 2011, 09:36
I got a Christmas card from an old friend I haven't seen in several decades.