PDA

View Full Version : Something new for something old.

Cazzie
December 17th, 2008, 10:24
Have you ever had one of those days? Man, I went in to correct the textures for a repaint of Stuart Green's wondrous Snipe and I ended up botching two other textures in the process. Every time I went into FS9 or FSX to check, I'd find a dad-blame snafu!

You see, I was under the conclusion that the fuselage was battleship grey; wrong, wrong, wrong. The fuselage and part of the lower wing were painted aluminum dope! :banghead: So I corrected them, then found that somehow, I had painted the under surfaces of the wings and horizontal tail battleship grey also and they are supposed to be dopen linen! :banghead::banghead:. then I find that I had put the wrong cowl texture in with the wrong Alpha to match the metal! :banghead::banghead::banghead: Oh dear, the trials and tribulations of a reskinner. I am just glad I am not a designer! :icon_lol:

I still cannot get the Snipe fully FSX native. I have it where it will do famntastic in FSX in DX9 model, But I hate it in DX10, because one has to remove all the Alpha channels and there are no metal reflections and it just looks blase. But I have to say, in 888 32-bit textures and with REX clouds and in DX9 mode, she just looks like a charm in FSX.

But this repaint is for FS2004 and if you "do" happen to have Stuart's Snipe working in FSX, by all means, use it.

I have included Banana Bob's propwash in the repaint textures for those that may not have it. Should you have it, you can skip the overwrite. Read the read me for installtion, it should be up soon at SOH.

This is the final and proper redition of the No. 56 Squadron Sopwith Snipe. These captures are from FSX, not FS9. Like I said, I am smitten by those REX clouds and the sharpness that FSX will display the aircraft! :applause:

Caz

huub vink
December 17th, 2008, 10:31
Thanks Cazzie! This one will definitely be in my hangar!

Cheers,
Huub

jetstreamsky
December 17th, 2008, 12:18
Fantastic, thanks Cazzie I'll definitely be getting this when available.