PDA

View Full Version : more on Kurt busch for 2012

Daveroo
December 22nd, 2011, 09:51
maybe he will be in NNS,or the trucks...or he is talking taking a year off from nascar and doing NHRA......i say let NHRA deal with him for a few years.....

Could Kurt Busch run Nationwide for Kyle? Word is Busch declined RPM's offer to be considered for the # 43 ride ending speculation the controversial driver would bounce back from his Penske departure with at least a 1A-type team ride. Busch has remained publicly quiet on what exactly he does have up his sleeve for next year and behind. He went on a very aggressive media blitz immediately after he and Penske parted ways and assured everyone there was interest on many fronts for his talents. There is speculation he is indeed following through on his thought of walking away from NASCAR for at least a year and running an NHRA Pro Stock car for the 2012 season, an off-shoot of his enjoyable time at last year's Gatornationals. But with little brother Kyle's Nationwide Series ride still open, many believe the Busch boys will indeed team up for next season in a combined NWS-truck series program out of the KBM stable.(Motor Racing Network (http://www.motorracingnetwork.com/Race-Series/NASCAR-Sprint-Cup/News/Articles/2011/12/Trio-of-Stories-to-Watch.aspx))(12-22-2011)

Terry
December 22nd, 2011, 12:42
To a second rate team. He and Finch ought to have some marvelous fights and cussing. Speed may have to give Spence more time to cover it all.

Kurt Busch gets ride for 2012: Kurt Busch will drive the #51 Chevy for Phoenix Racing in 2012. Busch put the handshake deal together with team owner James Finch on Wednesday night. "I went to the shop, and on the Christmas tree was a sign that read, 'All we want from Santa is a winning driver,' " Finch said. "We will be at the Daytona test next month and start with the Shootout." The decision comes just weeks after Busch left [#22 Dodge] Penske Racing in a mutual parting. Upon his departure, Busch said he "wanted racing to be fun again." Phoenix Racing runs Hendrick Motorsports cars and engines. Said Finch: "I told Kurt, 'I won't fire you, and you won't quit. We'll do whatever it takes  roll in the mud if we have to to win. I've worked construction all my life just so I could race and have a good time. I've worked with iron workers, I worked with construction workers, so working with a driver is not going to be a problem. As I said earlier, all we want to do is win". Landon Cassill most recently piloted the #51 for Finch last season. Finch finished 30th in owner points.(

Daveroo
December 22nd, 2011, 14:36
ill be darned....musted been posted after i saw what i saw....lol...but kurt and finch fit eachother.....maybe finch will deck him when he cusses him

Panther_99FS
December 22nd, 2011, 15:04
This will make it interesting to examine how much of it is team & how much of it is driver :mixedsmi:

stansdds
December 23rd, 2011, 05:48
Yeah, this ought to be good.

Daveroo
December 23rd, 2011, 08:26
yes..ive allways believed a talented driver could take a below par car and win with it....."that guy can win with any old tub" mentality...but the 51 has had several drivers in it..and some have been quality nationwide or ARCA series drivers and have not done well...i think one of the last good runs i really saw in a finch owned car was johnny benson...cassel isnt bad..but he wont ever be "great"...i dont like kurt at all...but im looking forward to the intermediate tracks ( the mile and a halfs) to see how he does in the 51...i think they could stop racing at daytona,talledaga and pocono ,replace them with mile and a halfs or maybe 2 mile tracks and have better racing allaround.....i enjoy sears point and watkins glenn as well..but they could drop those as well...

Panther_99FS
December 23rd, 2011, 15:30
yes..ive allways believed a talented driver could take a below par car and win with it...

Since neither Ganassi nor Felix Sabates have ever won Cup Championship with any of their drivers - I'd say a perfect example of this is Montoya.....
Swap Montoya with Earnhardt Jr. and see what happens....

PRB
December 23rd, 2011, 16:18
This will be interesting to watch. It's sad, kind of. Kurt Busch is a NASCAR champion, sent to the minor leagues. Usually this sort of thing happens to older drivers no longer able to compete, but KB is still young. All of his own doing, of course. When KB isn't in "exorcist mode" he's very interesting to listen to, with a lot of insight into this sport of racing.

Panther_99FS
December 23rd, 2011, 16:20
PRB,
I'm actually still excited mainly because as I stated earlier, this is an excellent opportunity to see which "matters" more, team or driver.....

PRB
December 23rd, 2011, 16:24
PRB,
I'm actually still excited mainly because as I stated earlier, this is an excellent opportunity to see which "matters" more, team or driver.....

Rgr that P. A good point and one that I will be watching too...

EasyEd
December 23rd, 2011, 19:39
Hey All,

Why is it either or?

I thought the driver was part of the team.

When you talk about "driver" what are you referring to? Ability to drive? More?

You still think Montoya has talent? :bump:

-Ed-

An edit. Why wasn't this question already answered with Tony Stewart?

Panther_99FS
December 23rd, 2011, 20:45
You still think Montoya has talent? :bump:

2011 Sprint Cup Standings
21st = Juan Montoya
27th=Jamie McMurray

Next question? :bump::bump:

Terry
December 24th, 2011, 02:40
Seems wrong that Ragan is the odd man out here while Almirola gets the 43 ride. Almirola came from Jr's Nationwide ride at a very reasonable price I would think. Looks Like RPM will be back in financial trouble again this year.

EasyEd
December 24th, 2011, 06:38
Hey All,

McMurray

Winner of

- Daytona 500 and the 400
- Brickyard 400
- Talledega
- 2x winner at Charlotte Motor Speedway

3 restrictor plate wins, 2 at Charlotte and one at Indy

= Stockcar driver who likes to win the big ones

Montoya

Winner at:

- Sonoma
- Watkins Glen

= Road race ringer nothing more yet

Next arguement. :bump:

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
December 24th, 2011, 07:29
Where' McMurray's major championships? McMurray like Kyle Busch has won a ton of races but no major championships
Montoya = CART Champion

Next...:bump::bump::bump:

Panther_99FS
December 24th, 2011, 08:08
Anyways going back to topic...
It will be interesting to watch how this seasons pans out......

Another key question:

-If Kurt does well, will he attract a big name sponsor :ques:

On a side note - former champion Bobby Labonte has not done well since leaving the "big teams".....So "perhaps" in this light,
the team has 'more on the table' than the driver

Daveroo
December 24th, 2011, 08:33
the point to my comment earier..which im sure you will all disagree with..is that "I" beleive its about the cars now...raw talent has alot to do with it yes..but also the cars of today have alot to do with how the driver performs.....im a firm believer that if brian vickers was back in a top "dollar" car..he would be winning races or atleast in the top five..hes matured...Jr...ill say this until im blue in the face....he seems to have lost his passion after he got burned in the corvette at infinion..i believe that experiance scared him,and he lost some of his drive and passion...he is "just a driver" now...tony stewart is a driver..he will wheel anything given to him,and he has a passion to win alot of drivers dont have...as much as i like carl edwards...i believe carl got beat because his passion isnt as strong as tonys is..or ever will be...

my point to this is..all of the guys i mention except vickers..have quality rides...and who makes the best of the ride? tony..carl second runner up...got to remember the Hass stewart racing team cars are hendrick cars chasis and engines..they even use hendricks 7 post machine to set them up..( or did)....

Panther_99FS
December 24th, 2011, 09:19
tony stewart is a driver..he will wheel anything given to him,

Agreed,
This is why I like "Smoke" so much and why I also agree with the comparison of him to Foyt.......(I love how Foyt stated that he thought Stewart is the only driver of today's current crop that could run back with Foyt, Andretti, Yarbrough, Allison, etc...back in the day)
:mixedsmi: