PDA

View Full Version : RAF Manston update with traffic

ian elliot
December 21st, 2011, 10:13
Available for download , Merry X-mas everybody :wavey:

USAF F86 Sabre ai update for RAF Manston by ian Elliot, 12/11

This is something ive wanted to do for quite a while, ive just been waiting for the right ai aircraft to use,
Manston was used by the USAF in the early 50's and now with the release of the fantastic ACG Duxford, i can use
the F86 provided with that package.

Firstly you'll need to install,if you havent already, my RAF Manston. look for----
Manston1955.zip and install.

Now unzip my new Manston Sabres pack to a temp folder.
Have a look in my new pack, you'll see an addon scenery folder, copy and paste the contents into your FS9
Addon-scenery folder, overwriting when asked.

You'll notice an untextured Sikorsky S-55 helo, i used SAMM to make a static model of the Alphasim freeware Sikorsky
S-55/Whirlwind but the texture i use is by Remi Pierlot, look for s55usaf.zip by Remi at Flghtsim, its actually a
repaint of a S-55 that was based at Manston, if you dont like it, remove s55 bgl from your Manston/scenery folder

Thats the scenery sorted, now the repaint
You must have the ACG Duxford installed, acg_iwm_duxford_fs9.zip from all major sites, or, at the very least,
acg_ai_pack3_fs9.zip by John Young, this gives you the ai aircraft but not the scenery. you'll
find a ACG F86 Sabre AI in your aircraft folder, add my repaint "texture.406" and add the entrie below to the
cfg--------

[fltsim.xx]
title = F-86 Sabre_406_AI
sim = Sabre_AI
model =
panel =
sound =
texture =406
panel_alias =
sound_alias =
kb_checklists =
kb_reference =
atc_id =FU350
atc_id_color =
atc_parking_types =MIL_COMBAT
atc_parking_codes =F86
atc_airline=AIR FORCE
atc_flight_number=86
ui_manufacturer = North American
ui_type = F-86 Sabre
ui_variation = 350
description = Single seat fighter
visual_damage = 0
And that should be it, enjoy.

Thanks to John Young for providing an F86 to play with
Thanks to John Stinstrom for the vintage vehicles. bgl and textures, you may need his jgse_j3.zip, but this is
a common library found in most MAIW packages so you probably have it already.
Thanks, Ian

HorusJ
December 21st, 2011, 10:44
Talk about timing! I just reinstalled your Manston 1955 scenery this morning without any knowledge of this AI traffic coming.Thank you much Ian!:applause:

Joel

Edit: Unless I missed something there isn't a traffic file.But the static stuff looks great!

Jagdflieger
December 21st, 2011, 18:35
Nice update with the S-55!

I don't seem to have the traffic file either, but either way, it's a nice airfield to fire up the old Sabre jet from.

ian elliot
December 21st, 2011, 21:15
I am an idiot, it would help if i included the traffic file, sorry guys. unzip into your Manston scenery folder.

I think Rami's away for the holidays but i'll re-upload my scenery next week i guess but this zip will do the trick

cheers ian :kilroy:

HorusJ
December 22nd, 2011, 07:41
I am an idiot, it would help if i included the traffic file, sorry guys. unzip into your Manston scenery folder.

I think Rami's away for the holidays but i'll re-upload my scenery next week i guess but this zip will do the trick

cheers ian :kilroy:

Its alright Ian,happens to all of us.:icon_lol:
Thank you again for your work.

Joel

deltadart
December 10th, 2012, 22:55
Its alright Ian,happens to all of us.:icon_lol:
Thank you again for your work.

Joel

Hi, sorry to ask, but the traffic file is still not available from the scenery download and the attachment from this topic doesn't work!:icon_eek:

Is it possible to have the traffic file??

Thanks!!!

Jagdflieger
December 11th, 2012, 07:07
Deltadart,

I think that this is the traffic file that you need.

Thanks again Ian for the great Manston AI package and scenery.

deltadart
December 11th, 2012, 11:26
Deltadart,

I think that this is the traffic file that you need.

Thanks again Ian for the great Manston AI package and scenery.

Thanks!!!!:ernae:

ian elliot
December 13th, 2012, 08:42
Thanks Jadg, ive been hunting through all my disk's and i could'nt find it myself :mixedsmi:, i'll download it myself and keep it safe.
cheers ian

ian elliot
March 2nd, 2013, 09:30
Could someone please post a copy of my traffic file (again :icon_lol: ) i did download it from Jadg and saved it somewhere safe, so safe i cant find it :mixedsmi: and ive just had a pm from someone requesting a copy.
cheers ian

pfflyers
March 2nd, 2013, 11:57
I hope someone can re-upload the traffic file, Ian's link won't work for me.

edit: Nevermind, didn't realize how old the link was. Ian, if you post the name you used on the file I'll try to find it. I know it's installed because the Sabres are at the airfield but I didn't see a traffic file that I recognized.

I found it, trying to figure out how to "manage" it.