PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft Bronco

falcon409
December 19th, 2011, 18:40
For those not watching the progress on this, it was announced in their forums that the OV-10 will be released this week, possibly as early as Wednesday.:applause:

strykerpsg
December 19th, 2011, 19:41
Fantastic timing, with the Razbam Buckeye coming anyday too! What a great time of year...

Thanks for the update Falcon. BTW, are you going to apply your talents from Tim's Bronco onto this one too? They look fantastic.

Matt

skyhawka4m
December 19th, 2011, 20:22
ehhh....looks awesome but frankly....I'll wait till they put all the vaiant in the package. To me the one they are doing without a back seat is kinda pointless, especially with only one paint in the package. They said within a few weeks of 2012 they will have additional models and paints so....I will wait.

Felixthreeone
December 19th, 2011, 20:23
ehhh....looks awesome but frankly....I'll wait till they put all the vaiant in the package. To me the one they are doing without a back seat is kinda pointless, especially with only one paint in the package. They said within a few weeks of 2012 they will have additional models and paints so....I will wait.

+1...unless it is really, really inexpensive...

glennc
December 19th, 2011, 20:44
Assuming all else is good, what we've come to expect for Aerosoft, one paint job does not really bother me if the paint kit allows some of the best FSX aircraft painters in the "business" to do their thing. One thing that bothers me about some developers, Aerosoft included, is giving us a lot of variations on an airplane, but I'll only ever fly a couple of them. That's where I like to see the repainters come it. I may fly one or two, others will want a different one or two. I'd much prefer one or two variations on a model (different weapons configurations and so on), and I'll find the paint I like usually fairly quickly.

Glenn

MenendezDiego
December 19th, 2011, 20:51
One thing that bothers me about some developers, Aerosoft included, is giving us a lot of variations on an airplane, but I'll only ever fly a couple of them.

I think my days at SOH are over...really dude?

From now on, I will only be an observer.

It's been good guys!

Diego

falcon409
December 19th, 2011, 21:02
I think my days at SOH are over...really dude?
From now on, I will only be an observer.
It's been good guys!
Diego
What the heck is that supposed to mean?
. . .just noticed I hit 6000 Posts!!

Meshman
December 19th, 2011, 21:06
What the heck is that supposed to mean?
. . .just noticed I hit 6000 Posts!!

Guessing here...paints, F-15, ego, bruising comments, lack of holiday festivities?

falcon409
December 19th, 2011, 21:07
Guessing here...paints, F-15, ego, bruising comments, lack of holiday festivities?
lol!:salute:

glennc
December 19th, 2011, 21:22
That's not what I expected!! It wasn't intended as a criticism as much as a suggestion. Sorry, Diego.

strykerpsg
December 19th, 2011, 21:44

Or politics, which oft goes unchecked. There was much criticism of their Mudhen and Talon by some members that seemed to want to vent specifically on Milviz. I suspect his anger is based on what seems to be a lopsided affair for a development group thats been pretty straight forward in their customer service and adhering to their promises of fixing whats broken. I have seen more than a few devlopers throw their towels in because many cannot be constructive or realistic in their remarks.

I am certain there must be some thick skins required when touting your labors of love and having them nitpicked. I for one am grateful to all developers that continue to support this hobby. Instead of trying to play well with others and supporting their developing efforts, we often expect immediate results for a product we view as flawed, case in point, the recent flooding of posts with starting the G27. It is a pain in the ass, but it's explained in the manual. Thankfully we have an embedded former Iris employ that was willing to help out.

Anyway, I'm certain the patience is wearing thin with admins and my recent soapbox postings. But this is starting to become one tough crowd to please and I for one, am elated that Aerosoft is making multiple variants, as did Razbam and their beautiful Corsairs. Not to mention the attention to detail that Milviz has put in to making their Mudhen as realistic as possible with working weapons and sensors and instead, we complain about the right darkness of the paint. Cut them just a little slack, developers and testers alike or don't be suprised when the pool of devlopers dwindles down to nothing and the few remaining will monopolize our hobby.

Matt

wombat666
December 19th, 2011, 22:03
Enough already!
Apply constructive criticism if you must AFTER a commercial product is released.
As for the continual speculation on variations that 'should be released', wait and see what will become available.
One more negative or uninformed comment and this thread will be immediately locked.
Consider this a first and only warning to play nice.
:173go1:
Meshman, take note and tread carefully!

MenendezDiego
December 19th, 2011, 22:11

Nothing to do with the F-15E.

It just seems that people will find anything to gripe about regarding new/upcoming releases.

Being bothered that a company wishes to release multiple variations of a model, well...yea.

Regards, Diego

Edit: And like I said, I will still be on the forum, but simply as an observer. I love flight sim, and there are a lot of models coming out in the near future I am very excited about.

Edit 2: On topic with the Bronco, after seeing the start-up video, this will deff. be a buy for me.

Barnes
December 19th, 2011, 22:27
Nothing said on this or any other forum ever surprises me nowadays.There is always a daft or stupid comment from people who cant think as fast as they can type!!I just imagine them sat there at the keyboard needing the medication they have forgotten to take whilst flying FSX for few hours.

falcon409
December 20th, 2011, 04:08
Download Release date is 12/22/2011. Watch for it!:applause:

JIMJAM
December 20th, 2011, 06:16
I will be buying it. Love the Bronco and saw alot of em when I flew down around Beaufort SC.
That said. I am also getting a little tired of buying unfinished planes with the "we know you are dying to have it so we will finish it later" sales. CS started that crap and I knew it would spread like a bad cold. If its simply repaints I am ok with it. But after reading the post aboout the Bronco, they are really pushing just how advanced the engine modelling is and far ahead of anything PMDG did. That both excites me and worries me.
And with all that said I am a sucker for a nice new plane and sure to buy it despite my reluctance about sometimes being a paying beta tester.

skyhawka4m
December 20th, 2011, 06:20
I will be buying it. Love the Bronco and saw alot of em when I flew down around Beaufort SC.
That said. I am also getting a little tired of buying unfinished planes with the "we know you are dying to have it so we will finish it later" sales. CS started that crap and I knew it would spread like a bad cold. If its simply repaints I am ok with it. But after reading the post aboout the Bronco, they are really pushing just how advanced the engine modelling is and far ahead of anything PMDG did. That both excites me and worries me.
And with all that said I am a sucker for a nice new plane and sure to buy it despite my reluctance about sometimes being a paying beta tester.

wow.....your last sentense says it all for me......I too agree that the complexity is beginning to wear thin. Hey where is piglet with his FPS friendly and smooth running planes? I'd even pay for him to continue doing what he does best!

Meshman
December 20th, 2011, 08:01
Meshman, take note and tread carefully!

Uh, OK. Noted. I don't have a dog in this fight. Ed asked a question, I tried to offer some perspective. Whatever...

Bone
December 20th, 2011, 08:02
That said. I am also getting a little tired of buying unfinished planes with the "we know you are dying to have it so we will finish it later" sales.

wow.....your last sentense says it all for me..!

It's easy to sit back and make a judgement, and I admit it is frustrating to get a model and find it's faults, and be baffled/upset at how "that" could have been missed in the Beta process. Even with a fairly large team of testers, things can get missed simply from looking at it too much, and it's really odd how that works. I put at least 60 hours of just LOOKING at the Milviz T-38...not flying, LOOKING at it. I flew it plenty, mind you, but everytime I looked at it, I found something I hadn't seen before. Things that once I saw it, I thought "how in the heck did I miss that before??". The answer is Task Saturation. We found tons and tons of boo boo's over a five month process, and at least ten iterations of the model were made. Each iteration of the model was an improvement over the previous model (think evolution), but it was just a layer of problems that got taken care of, and the next iteration in the evolution took us to a new layer to be solved. A person can get a touch of 'brain fry" when Beta testing, but that still doesn't hold a candle to what the modeller/programmer is going through (good job Bill/NG4IX).

After the T-38 was released, someone pointed out that the crossfeed switch was mispelled as "crosspeed". #%%#!*&&%%^^!!....how in the heck did we miss that???

Answer: Task Saturation.

falcon409
December 20th, 2011, 08:13
Uh, OK. Noted. I don't have a dog in this fight. Ed asked a question, I tried to offer some perspective. Whatever...
Yep, and I found Diego's response unnecessary based on what Glenn posted. I just felt it had come from somewhere out in left field and was baffled by his response and still feel it was a childish response.:salute:

BigDog
December 20th, 2011, 09:25
JIMJAM...I live in Beaufort, SC...We now have a Bronco for our spray aircraft for Beaufort County Pest Control....got the pleasure of watching this aircraft do its thing this summer....way cool. Greg

N2056
December 20th, 2011, 09:38
Guys, please refrain from the personal comments-thanks!

TAFKAM
December 20th, 2011, 09:43
ok......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2x7yBwtWYg

Ian Warren
December 20th, 2011, 18:00
That makes it exactly nine hours T-minus a few seconds here in New Zealand- the 22nd aye , lets hope my new modem turns up in one hour and a half :icon_lol: Smack on 16.00 in Christchurch:running:

falcon409
December 20th, 2011, 18:09
That makes it exactly nine hours T-minus a few seconds here in New Zealand- the 22nd aye , lets hope my new modem turns up in one hour and a half :icon_lol: Smack on 16.00 in Christchurch:running:
I hope it does just that for ya Ian!:applause:

Navy Chief
December 21st, 2011, 05:30
I am going to buy this one. I looked at the screenshots of one of the paints. Looks just like the ones I worked on at Pax River in the early 70s, when i was with the maintenance department for the US Navy Test Pilot School.

NC

Ian Warren
December 21st, 2011, 12:00
Well its now exactly 10.00 Thursday the 22nd Christchurch NZ... guess its going to be European time :icon_lol:Lucky my modem is still in the shop

DagR
December 21st, 2011, 22:20
I am getting it too, Stefan is a superb modeller ;-)

Fireball6
December 22nd, 2011, 05:58
FYI - The Bronco is released - available at the Aerosoft Download-Shop !!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas and happy flying

Dirk

Ian Warren
December 22nd, 2011, 11:52
New Zealand s South Island ... twas a Aerosoft Cat , now ....Cripes! this Bronco is Wicked ! :wavey: