PDA

View Full Version : The mildly off topic thread of Colin's banning

strykerpsg
December 18th, 2011, 09:53
///////////////FOREWARNING///////////RANT ENSUES/////////////////

Gentleman.. Please..
this thread goes back on topic and stays there starting "now" or by the end of the next post, it's locked..
Pam

Ok, so as to avoid getting the Chinook thread locked and there's the possibility of getting this locked, I'll open this in another thread.

Don't you think that's a bit heavy handed after only three inquiries and those were modest ones at that to threaten to lock a thread. We were not digging into the meat of why he was banned, just expressing how unfortunate it was that he got banned, much to our suprise. So, if the purpose of a forum is to openly discuss thoughts, concerns, ideas, recommendations, good, bad and ugly, what you're basically threatening is censorship for any mild deviation of the original theme. Since it was Colin's original thread and he chimes in here almost daily, was just mildly suprised that he had gotten banned. I don't personally care who he was sparring with, was just suprised. I have seen much more direct attacks on his character that didn't get the same heavy handed response until much later.

So, while we all purport to be adults on this forum, give us some medium of credibility that we will let things lay, as they had started to do. I for one, am elated that many developers cruise this forum and it's also been elightening to see that not everyone plays well with others. helps provide background into their characters and generally doesn't prevent my purchase of their products. But it seems they trust this venue as much as their own purpose built forums, to share their upcoming releases, service pack info and general good, bad and ugly of their products. I truly like this forum, it's generally one of the more mature ones I visit regularly but treat us like adults, not kids, please. And Pam, forgive me, not attacking you directly, but the moderators et large. Afterall, you are also one that brings much to this hobby witht he Black Widow project and such.

Ok, my rant is done.

Bone
December 18th, 2011, 10:19
A part of me wants to throw down a huge Shizer Bomb because I think KrazyColin has been treated unfairly, and another part of me doesn't want to get banned. The bottom line is that this whole thing has become rather silly, we should all just fugedd-abowdit.

strykerpsg
December 18th, 2011, 10:23
LOL, I agree, hence my virtual rant.

Matt

OBIO
December 18th, 2011, 10:24
How about we just faggetabout this thread...and this topic. The banning of KrazyColin was much discussed down in the staff and admin forums....and the staff and admin of SOH did what we did for the reasons we did it...and we do NOT have to explain or justify our actions.

OBIO

Dangerousdave26
December 18th, 2011, 10:31
This should be good enough for you.

It answers what you need to know.

Colin, has been banned as he got a bit too personal towards an other member and as you all know personal attacks aren't allowed here.

Huub

He was warned numerous times and blatantly ignored the warnings. For that he is banned as anyone else would be who breaks the rules. We do not excluded payware developers from the rules.

Sorry Obio was typing while you were posting. LOL