PDA

View Full Version : Need help remembering name of a move...

Navy Chief
December 16th, 2011, 17:09
Am sure this won't take y'all long. The movie I am trying to recall involves a WW2 US Navy ship (I think), trying to destroy a German U-boat. In the end, the Navy ship rams/runs over the top of the U-boat, if I remember correctly....

NC

Any help?

Navy Chief
December 16th, 2011, 17:15
Figured it out...."The Enemy Below"!!!

av8erjm
December 17th, 2011, 08:28
is that the one w/ Robt Mitchum and Kurt Jurgens???

brad kaste
December 17th, 2011, 08:49
Yes.

Jagdflieger
December 17th, 2011, 08:57
Great movie! I've got the DVD of it in my video library.

Another very good subrarine movie in the same veine is "The Bedford Incident." It's a Cold War thriller based on the book of the same name. A great read and a fun couple of hours as a movie, although the endings are quite different.

brad kaste
December 17th, 2011, 09:06
In my estimation,...the best sub movie of all time is "Das Boot" directed by Wolfgang Petersen and starring Jurgen Prochnow. Hands down.

Terry
December 17th, 2011, 09:26
Am sure this won't take y'all long. The movie I am trying to recall involves a WW2 US Navy ship (I think), trying to destroy a German U-boat. In the end, the Navy ship rams/runs over the top of the U-boat, if I remember correctly....

NC

Any help?

There was also "The Bedford Incident" with Richard Widmark and Sidney Poitier. But in the end the destroyer and sub are both destroyed.

Henry
December 17th, 2011, 12:08
its hard enough just remembering my own name:applause:sorry ot:icon_lol:

H

Allen
December 17th, 2011, 13:18
There was also "The Bedford Incident" with Richard Widmark and Sidney Poitier. But in the end the destroyer and sub are both destroyed.

Spoiler alert!

Navy Chief
December 17th, 2011, 13:25
Spoiler alert!

Yes, but they are still such great movies! The acting is superb in both films! NC