PDA

View Full Version : Almost Done

jdhaenens
December 13th, 2011, 05:39
About the only thing left is getting some statics around to put on the school tarmac.

jdhaenens
December 13th, 2011, 05:41
A few more.

Stan V.
December 13th, 2011, 07:05
A few more.

Looking VERY good, Jim :applause:

Bomber_12th
December 13th, 2011, 07:33
Great looking scenery, Jim, of a great airbase! A good spot for those with T-38's in their hangars.

Naruto-kun
December 13th, 2011, 08:48
Now a Jim Dhaenens KGSB with target range would be very tasty hint hint :icon_lol:

Bone
December 13th, 2011, 08:58
I used to fly into Sheppard alot back in my turboprop days. Those buildings and hangars look great. Incidently, there are some lead in strobes to runway 17. The strobes were in a line that was arc'd, because they didn't want the visual approaches to 17 to overfly any ramps or taxiways.

falcon409
December 13th, 2011, 09:50
Great job Jim. In that third pic of the second set, I recognize the Barracks row, chow halls and Hangars that I frequented while on TDY from Carswell to de-mil some F-16's for training. My son stayed in the student barracks across the street while there for Tech School. Your detailing is excellent.:salute:

crashaz
December 13th, 2011, 11:07
WoooHoooo! :jump::jump::jump:

Good to see ya back here Jim! :salute:

As always.... excellent work... really gets my mind working on ideas.

:wavey:

Railrunner130
December 13th, 2011, 15:15
Nice job! Unfortunately, that brings back a few nightmares....

JAllen
December 14th, 2011, 07:26
I last saw Sheppard in '78 when I went to Technical Instructor Course. Didn't see the flight line but from a distance. I love to fly the T-38A and that's the place to do it. Lots of little white rockets overhead back then. Maybe we can get a retro repaint for when they were white?

Excited to see this work looking so good. - Jim

patful
December 14th, 2011, 10:28
I lived in the shadow of that water tower when I was a kid, and would walk to the golf course to get a closer look at the aircraft. It's unreal how the place has changed. They demolished our old Wherry house a couple of years ago. :-( The hospital, theater-turned-library, and Capehart housing are about all that's left from 1972.

Very nice scenery though. I'll have to try it if I ever move up to FSX.

Bone
January 3rd, 2012, 09:40
Looking forward to this one.

conork
January 3rd, 2012, 11:54
that looks fantastic ..cant wait to try it :)

Roadburner440
January 3rd, 2012, 14:07
Excellent work Jim!

Ian Warren
January 3rd, 2012, 16:08
Hmm , this really looks nice , and already mentioned , Now were is my T-38 :salute:

Stan V.
January 17th, 2012, 14:15
About the only thing left is getting some statics around to put on the school tarmac.

Has this scenery been uploaded anywhere? It looks really good.

Lionheart
January 17th, 2012, 16:18
That is ALOT of hard work! I am here to tell you. Scaling the buildings just right, placement, parking and taxi ways. Goodness man. That is a huge airfield. Nice work!

jimjones
January 18th, 2012, 03:43
Very nice! A result of much research, talent and effort.

jdhaenens
January 18th, 2012, 09:34
Thanks for the kind words all. I must confess that I made this on spec for Thunderhawk Studios for inclusion in their upcomming MMO called "Combat Pilot". I'm giving the studio first shot on licensing and depending on what we agree (or disagree) on, I'll let everyone know the where, when, and how's of distribution.

Thunderhawk Studios has licensed quite a few of my other NAS Sceneries for the game as well. I'm not privy to the game details, but IMHO they're starting out with some pretty good scenery....:redf:

Jim

Victory103
January 19th, 2012, 00:10
Great to hear Jim, huge fan of all your NAS scenery, especially the ones I was stationed at real world.