PDA

View Full Version : No doubt I am the only one on this site...

EasyEd
December 12th, 2011, 18:42
Hey All,

...who actually watched the WNFR - Wrangler National Finals Rodeo - that wrapped up this last weekend.

Just thought I'd provide a video - courtesy PRCA - of the round 10 highlights showing the 2011 world champions.

n2SEJnTWfzA&list=UUwdgRvCgCGEwwU6RJ0xUjdw&feature=plcp

Take note of what a family sport rodeo is. The bareback bronc riding and calf roping (tie down they call it now) champions had dads who won world championships. Both of Tuf Cooper's bothers made the finals. The announcer Butch Knowles had relatives who competed. No sport in America today is more family than rodeo. Nothing is more family than going to the hospital after watching a one ton bull stomp a family member! :icon_lol:

Also don't let the booty shake turn ya on too much! Better than any of Panther's so-called wimmen. :bump:

Two special shoutouts...

1) Huge congrats to Trevor Brazile 9 all around titles and more importantly 16 total world championships. This ties Trevor with the great Jim Shoulders and only 2 behind steer roper Guy Allen. However Jim Shoulders got most of his in roughstock events not roping.

2) Only one Canadian made the NFR - unbelievable as usually there are a bunch of Canadians competing. This year only Lindsay Sears of Nanton Alberta made the NFR. This makes her second world championship. Here is a typical cowgirl - Lindsay Sears.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/393315_10150508489191675_611566674_11004596_103080 3984_n.jpg http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/374594_319371724748503_145151788837165_1232883_190 5240309_n.jpg

The second is Lindsay on her fine horse Martha. Not a scamper (11 time world champion Charmayne James horse) but a great horse.

Finally two comments

Lane (if ya don't know don't bother), Chris we (I) miss ya - RIP.

In my opinion - When America lost it's reverence for the great American Cowboy and all he stood for - there was no where for America to go but down - but there's still a few out there - you just can't see em from the road.

Chris says it best.

Er0yQrhUypc

-EasyEd-

OBIO
December 12th, 2011, 19:52
EasyEd

I didn't watch the coverage...don't have cable, and my wife probably would be hogging the TV with Oprah Winfrey or somesuch silliness if we did....but I do love watching rodeo. That's a Real Man Sport right there.

And yes, miss Lane as well. He was a great one.

OBIO

fsafranek
December 12th, 2011, 21:45
When I was a kid growing up in Colorado we used to always
go to the Ntional Western Stock Show in Denver.
:ernae: