PDA

View Full Version : Tintin Movie

Railrunner130
December 8th, 2011, 15:11
I learned to read using Tintin "graphic novels". I'm probably the only one... Not many people in the US have even heard of Tintin. Anyhow, Steven Speilberg decided to combine three of the books and make a movie. The trailers and commercials look incredible! I'm hoping this is one occasion where the movie does the books justice. I'm getting psyched! I know it's already been released outside the US and am curious as to how it is.

The Adventures of Tintin opens in the US on December 21st.

http://us.tintin.com/

Willy
December 8th, 2011, 15:34
Reading some Tintin when I was in Belgium. I was more into Asterix.

OBIO
December 8th, 2011, 20:07
I've seen some of the trailers for TinTin and I am excited as well about the movie. Deb and I both believe that the best movies to come out of "Hollywood" the last handful of years have all been animated features. Cars, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, Tangled, Christmas Carol (the one with Jim Carrey as Eb Scrooge). Those non-animated films that have won us over have all been the family friendly films, such a The Bridge to Terabithia, The Narnia Chronicles series, Because of Win Dixie. Oh, there are some good films outside of the animated and family friendly genres, but they are far more rare than good films within those two areas.

OBIO