PDA

View Full Version : Low fliers

hawkeye52
December 8th, 2011, 10:39
Really(!) Looooow fliers

A-20 Havoc/Bostons for OBIO, Kiwi Skyhawks for Wing, Rhinos for Wild Bill and Duckie -- there is even a Greek one for Nigel. Something for everyone in this spectacular link.

My personal choice for "wish I'd been there": the B-36 over the beach.

- H52

http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/Stories/tabid/116/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/325/language/en-CA/Lower-than-a-Snakes-Belly-in-a-Wagon-Rut.aspx

nigel richards
December 8th, 2011, 12:49
Interesting site H52! Thanks for sharing.

Now, my problem is;
do I pay just $1,000 for a full 20 minute flight in a Swordfish...or only $2,000 in a Mustang??? :mixedsmi:

edit: Its been months since last seeing Wild Bill around here. Anyone have any news?

Wing_Z
December 8th, 2011, 13:59
Somehow missed those Kiwi Skyhawks, H52? but I agree with the author:
That Vulcan coming at the CO from behind... man, you can feel the anticipation from this side of the podium, and from all those graduating!

...edit: Its been months since last seeing Wild Bill around here. Anyone have any news?Yeah! and I have a lovely little paint job on a new Kiwi model, deserving a highly talented painter!

hawkeye52
December 8th, 2011, 14:42
Wing, I should have said "Skyhawk" (singular). It's very close to the end, immediately after
The Navy loves to do it

Nigel, were it my choice, I'd pick the Stringbag. :applause:

- H52

OBIO
December 8th, 2011, 20:09
I saved the majority of those pics to my HD and added them to my aircraft/car image collection. I have a folder dedicated to good plane and auto (a few ships, vintage tractors and trains as well) photos and use them as the screensaver on my system.

OBIO