PDA

View Full Version : PTO Multiplayer

Tailwind
December 7th, 2011, 18:13
Hi all

Just helped my fellow flier Screenman get set up. Went smooth a silk.

We did not do the MOLE install as we ran out of time. I removed it from my install so as to test MP connectivity. Tested MP and he was able to join and dawg fight no problem. We tried a MP mission and when we spawned we got a CTD straight away.

I am thinking maybe it's because we did not do the MOLE install so there are planes missing that are causing an issue. I wanted to check in though and see if there have been any issues with MP missions reported.

We will complete the MOLE install and check again

Once again, thanks to all that created this great CFS3 add on

TW

grizzly50
December 7th, 2011, 18:37
Hi all

Just helped my fellow flier Screenman get set up. Went smooth a silk.

We did not do the MOLE install as we ran out of time. I removed it from my install so as to test MP connectivity. Tested MP and he was able to join and dawg fight no problem. We tried a MP mission and when we spawned we got a CTD straight away.

I am thinking maybe it's because we did not do the MOLE install so there are planes missing that are causing an issue. I wanted to check in though and see if there have been any issues with MP missions reported.

We will complete the MOLE install and check again

Once again, thanks to all that created this great CFS3 add on

TW

Tailwind,

The Mole Fix is for static aircraft, under buildings. They are NOT aircraft.

Check the mission thoroughly, along with your game settings.

I know of NO MP missions for RS as yet. Yours is the first.

You might try building a simple one at first and checking that online.

You can also try just taking the Mole Fix out of yours and not putting it into his install and trying that, but I don't think that's the problem.

Let me know the next time you're going to try and I'll see if I can help sort it at the time.

Tailwind
December 8th, 2011, 07:57
Hey Grizz

Went into multi player, host mission and loaded one from the list that came with the install. Don't remember which one. Something about torpedoing. We were able to select aircraft and munitions and when I clicked fly now I got CTD straight away. We ran out of time so could not trouble shoot. I am going to create a quick mission tonight and try again

Thanks

TW

rbp71854
December 8th, 2011, 08:03
I had speculated that the mole fix with encrypted .bdps may affect multiplay as it does affect Mission Builder if you don't run the rs bdp zapper before running. It will be interesting to confirm that. You may have to set your theater 1st, zapp the BDPs, then run the sim from windows explorer cfs3.exe in PTO Rising Sun main directory. Don't run the RS start up batch file as it will reload the encrypted mole fix bdps again.

Tailwind
December 8th, 2011, 09:19
Hi

I was hoping that when I removed the static aircraft folder and ran the zappers on my install it would be OK

I will do as you recommend and report back on any success\failures we come across

Thanks

TW