PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Screenshot Help!

Walter
December 7th, 2011, 17:31
Hi!

I'm recently "converted" from FSX to CFS3 (More like I'm having great fun with both sims), and I've been experiencing some issues with taking screenshots. When I use the Control + ; command, I get a screenshot, but it looks really messed up. I was wondering if anybody could tell me how to fix this?

Many thanks,

Walter :mixedsmi:

Daiwilletti
December 7th, 2011, 21:27
Hi Walter,
sorry I've never seen this issue before.
Have you followed a guide for setting up cfsconfig.exe? There is a good one in the "garage corner" of regshanger.com.
Do set up the display settings to match the native resolution of your monitor- CFS3 prefers that.
Use the best connection option between vid card and monitor - HDMI then next best DVI etc.
Hope I'm not telling you to suck eggs - after all I understand FSX is graphics intensive, however CFS3 has "quirks" in setup - some things are counter intuitive for example sometimes it runs smoother with higher FPS with config settings raised for higher quality, so long as digital connection to the monitor is available.

HTH,
David

Walter
December 9th, 2011, 10:50
Hi! Thanks for the reply and advice.

Don't worry about telling me to "suck eggs". I am not computer savvy at all. :icon_lol: I am running CFS3 on my laptop, which is terrible for most graphics.

I'll try what you said. Hopefully it works, or I'll just resort to using the Shift + Print Screen way of getting screenshots.

Thank you!

Walter