PDA

View Full Version : 'M-A-S-H' star Harry Morgan dies at age 96. IE: Col. Potter

OleBoy
December 7th, 2011, 10:10
http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/M-A-S-H-star-Harry-Morgan-dies-at-age-96-2368370.php

Tako_Kichi
December 7th, 2011, 10:24
RIP Col. Potter, thanks for all the laughs you gave me over the years. :salute:

crashaz
December 7th, 2011, 10:24
Thanks Harry for all the good times! :wavey:

Rest in peace sir.

Ickie
December 7th, 2011, 10:27
he was from my home town of Muskegon Mich, his name is on the high school

robcap
December 7th, 2011, 11:38
Hilarious series. Funny guy
96 is a great age, don't you think?

R.

Ferry_vO
December 7th, 2011, 11:50
Hilarious series. Funny guy
96 is a great age, don't you think?

If you can reach it with reasonably good health; yes it is!

Great actor, I've thoroughly enjoyed every episode of M*A*S*H*! Haven't seen Dragnet the series, but the movie was great too, and Harry had a part in that also.

n4gix
December 7th, 2011, 11:55
Of all the M.A.S.H. characters, Alan Alda and Harry Morgan were my two favorites. His protrayal of a crusty old-school RA (Regular Army) soldier who'd not only advanced from a Private to Field Officer, but also transitioned into medicine and it's more gentle and compasionate side were spot on!

One of my favorite episodes was of Col. Potter and three of his remaining friends from the "Great War" gathering to toast their fallen comrades. Great stuff!

As a result of his career, he was intimately familiar with all the hijinks the enlisted could pull. Poor Klinger never stood a chance with him!
Good bye Harry, and enjoy your well-deserved rest. Thanks for being part of our lives. :medals:

crashaz
December 7th, 2011, 12:04
I think Strategic Air Command (1955) ... the crew chief for Jimmy Stewart's plane. Also as a naval ensign in a squadron with Don Ameche as CAG ... in Wing and a Prayer(1944). One of my favorites... as one of Glenn Millers band members and close friend in The Glenn Miller Story(1954) once again with Jimmy Stewart.

Jagdflieger
December 7th, 2011, 12:08
Rest in Peace Officer Gannon (Dragnet).

beana51
December 7th, 2011, 12:09
He was really .SPECIAL!...he was so many different people on the screen..from the 40s till almost recently.I must have seen them all!..RIP....

Now some here say.."WELL 96yrs old??? Thats a Good Time to go!...reminds me that when I was 20yrs old,I thought all 30 yrs old guys were uselss ...certainly when I was 50yrs old,...man I was convienced all the 60yr old had to go....then I got to be 70yrs old..WOW! surrounded by old grey beards,now I am 80yrs old...and those old dudes in their 90s now seem attractive to me....yes I said I want to be in that club!....So whats a good age to check out???...Well ! I'll save that for the end!
However once you lose yer sense of humor at any age..well Yer really Old!!

A doctor gave a man six months to live. The man couldn't pay his bill, so he gave him another six months.

The Doctor says, "You'll live to be 60!" "I AM 60!" "See, what did I tell you?"

The patient says, "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." "Then don't do that!"

"Doctor, my leg hurts. What can I do?" The doctor says, "Limp!"

"Doctor, I have a ringing in my ears." "Don't answer!"

Doctor ,I cannot Pee good,Doctor How old are you? Patient says 80yrs old..Doctor says.YA PEED ENOUGH"

Dangerousdave26
December 7th, 2011, 12:34
Thank you Harry

I will enjoy your work for years to come. :salute:

Gdavis101
December 7th, 2011, 13:16
Was just watching a couple old episodes of MASH this weekend... Thank you Harry!

rayrey10
December 7th, 2011, 13:17
RIP Col Potter! I used to watch MASH with my dad when I was a kid. As a matter of fact it was my father's favorite.

Crusader
December 7th, 2011, 13:36
I certainly can't add anything that has not already been said other than he was one of the finest character actors is come along in decades and one of my all time favorites . RIP Mr Morgan and thank you for giving us so many years of enjoyment in anything that you played on the screen .

Rich

brad kaste
December 7th, 2011, 16:04
He co-starred along with Henry Fonda and Anthony Quinn in one of my favorite all time movies,...."The Ox-Bow Incident." It's more than a cowboy movie. It deals with ethics, morality, and rushing to quick justice. Put it on your holiday viewing list. You won't be disappointed. <label for="rb_iconid_14">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon14.png</label>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ox-Bow_Incident

Daveroo
December 7th, 2011, 17:58
i loved him in "support your local sheriff"...he was in so many great films,,,just to many to say...he was a really great actor and from what ive heard..a great man

Whitehawk
December 7th, 2011, 20:44
RIP Harry Morgan.. From just a M*A*S*H addict, Thank You!

Prowler1111
December 7th, 2011, 21:20
Pneumonia..the silent killer...96 is a great age to rest, IMHO, pneumonia shouldnt be a reason anyway..

RIP Harry...

Prowler

hey_moe
December 8th, 2011, 02:12
I watched everyone of the episodes including all the reruns..lol. Mash was fun to watch. Col. Potter added to the laughter. He is in a better place and lived a long and good life. R.I.P.

Panther_99FS
December 11th, 2011, 15:30
I think Strategic Air Command (1955) ....One of the best....:medals: