PDA

View Full Version : A poignant message

kilo delta
December 6th, 2011, 11:04
TdkNn3Ei-Lg

Prowler1111
December 6th, 2011, 11:19
I have NEVER..EVER wished i could reach up and touch for real what´s in the PC´s screen..but now i´m dying to, ´cause i would really like to hug that kid...

Prowler

kilo delta
December 6th, 2011, 11:24
I agree.:applause: If that guy's plight doesn't pull at your heart strings then you must be emotionally dead. There but for the grace of God go us...or our own kids.

OBIO
December 6th, 2011, 11:30
I came across that vid on Facebook yesterday...and watched it through tear filled eyes. You can see the pain and anguish in that young man's eyes and face.

OBIO

b52bob
December 6th, 2011, 14:33
Why or why must our kids become bullies? Is it peer pressure or what we learn at home?

Having worked an adolescent psych hospital unit once with really disturbed patients (yes, cutting is common), I find that most parents need help more than their kids.

This video just breaks my heart!

Toastmaker
December 6th, 2011, 15:45
Guess what - this boy IS in therapy and this video is part of it. It's not obvious to the viewer nor is it supposed to be.

:running:

Kiwikat
December 6th, 2011, 20:55
There is so much I could say about this...

I took a different approach to middle and high school. I denied who I was, lying to myself, family, friends, and others the whole way through. I was bullied semi-regularly, but I did my best to ignore it. Apathy was the only thing that kept me going. In some ways, it still is. I missed out on a lot of experiences- things I'll never be able to go back and do. But as Jonah describes in the video description, your whole life changes when you accept who you are. My life has completely changed.

I do not understand how people have it in their hearts and souls to do this to other people. No word in our language describes how awful it is.

Way to go Jonah! You did what I could not. You're a much stronger person than I am. :salute: