PDA

View Full Version : Fun in the PNG

Talon
December 3rd, 2011, 11:38
I know it's not finished but had to hace some fun there.

One mission is from the Defence of Australia missions I have and the other is from RAAF Beaufighters tgat I've been working on. I also have missions for the Battle of the Bismarck Sea. When PNG is ready it will be no problem to fix them.

gaw
December 3rd, 2011, 12:12
looking forward to seeing the rest of this marvelous series!!!

Led Zeppelin
December 3rd, 2011, 12:14
very, good, looking forward to fly these missions.

You will release them after the Midway and Pearl Harbor missions packs?

Talon
December 3rd, 2011, 12:56
very, good, looking forward to fly these missions.

You will release them after the Midway and Pearl Harbor missions packs?

The Midway missions are in RS already.

The Pearl missions won't work right because pf the way the spawn selector is set up/there is no stock spawns selection in it. But working on a solution. MAW,OFF and ETO all have that option. Why RS doesn't I don't know.Makes doing historical missions a nightmare when you just want to spawn a few planes and the whole Japanese Air Force shows up,LOL.

More work has to be done on the PNG before I upload these missions because the mission set will be incomplete. The carrier missions I have planned can be released when finished.

grizzly50
December 3rd, 2011, 14:43

The Pearl missions won't work right because pf the way the spawn selector is set up/there is no stock spawns selection in it. But working on a solution. MAW,OFF and ETO all have that option. Why RS doesn't I don't know.Makes doing historical missions a nightmare when you just want to spawn a few planes and the whole Japanese Air Force shows up,LOL.

More work has to be done on the PNG before I upload these missions because the mission set will be incomplete. The carrier missions I have planned can be released when finished.

Lookin' good, Al.

The "0. Random Spawn Disable" is what should be set when flying missions. This allows only the spawns the builder of the missions wants to appear.

A Stock Spawn Mode selection, if it was present, would allow "the whole Japanese Air Force" to appear.

The Spawn Selector is only needed when flying missions and campaigns, and should be set before flying these.

It generally benefits campaign play, althougb PTO RS does not currently contain campaigns. That will eventually change.

It should have no effect on mission building or campaign production.

Talon
December 3rd, 2011, 14:52
I tried that Grizz and no spawns showed up. In the stock spawns selector only the spawns you use will show up.I've done missions for all the games and know what I'm talking about.

Led Zeppelin
December 4th, 2011, 00:42
Excellent! I have downloaded but not yet installed RS, I'm actually building 112 squadron Mustangs in Italy.

The Pearl missions won't work right because pf the way the spawn selector is set up/there is no stock spawns selection in it. But working on a solution. MAW,OFF and ETO all have that option.
I don't understand your problem, don't hesitate to send me an e-mail to discuss this matter.

The only issue I have noticed so far regarding spawns is the MAW "No Spawn Mode" but I found a solution for it.

rbp71854
December 4th, 2011, 02:09

Al

I am in the middle of my work week, but will take a look on my days off. Give me a week or so. The problem I think you are trying to describe is that you can't set the sim to "no random spawns". Either the spawns have become corrupted from a orphan spawn file or one of the spawn selectors has a problem and has corrupted your spawns folder.

Bob

Talon
December 4th, 2011, 05:50
Bob,

I think you're right with something being currupted.

I have installed RS a few times and each time the IJN and USN spawns automatically generate. I can't change the spawning at all.

Talon
December 4th, 2011, 07:51
I re-installed again and everything seems to be fine now.

middle
December 4th, 2011, 08:44
what's RS?

Talon
December 4th, 2011, 09:00
what's RS?

Risimg Sun the new addon juat released.