TARPSBird
December 16th, 2008, 13:21
****, roger that, I know that acronym! :costumes:

expat
December 16th, 2008, 13:34
This is one of the best freeware FS9/10 aircraft of 2008. :ernae:

Moses03
December 16th, 2008, 15:19
Phew, what a beauty. Thanks Starliner Team!

The house livery from the beta release still works too. :mixedsmi:

Maarten -
December 17th, 2008, 02:42
She's absolutely fabulous. A real gem and a pleasure to fly. To me the best model for 2008 (at least for FS9; I don't fly FSX).
Brilliant job, guys!:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Cheers,
Maarten:ernae:

Blackbird686
December 17th, 2008, 03:09
****, roger that, I know that acronym! :costumes:

LOL!! :p::bump:

Off to grab the new Connie now. Thanks for the H/U!

BB686:USA-flag:

Daube
December 17th, 2008, 03:36
Wow the new virtual cockpit looks really sweet :isadizzy:
Will download it tonight ! Thanks for the hard work, guys ! Very appreciated ! :applause:

Jagdflieger
December 17th, 2008, 07:24
Wow! I didn't think that you could improve perfection, but they have.

huub vink
December 17th, 2008, 07:35
Great news, thanks for your generous gift guys! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Huub

Blackbird686
December 17th, 2008, 09:58
Absolutely brilliant work!!:ernae:. I'm usually not a big fan of commercial tubies but this one is a definate keeper. Flies like a DREAM! (Provided you have read the manual). The VC is especially nice and very frame rate friendly. This model ranks right up there with Javis and crews' excellent F-86 Sabre. The Commercial Aircraft equivalent, and among the best freeware releases for 2008 IMHO:applause::applause::applause:

Thanks for this classic jewell fellas, much appreciated!

BB686:USA-flag:

Cazzie
December 17th, 2008, 10:07
Truly a dreamship, worthy of being payware Roland. Version 2 is exquisite! :applause:

The VC cockpit sounds and artwork are just fantastic.

And like the Hawker Hunter, there is just no way to take a bad screen capture of any Connie, from the L-o49 through the L-1649. My hat's off gents, but don't look, my head will blind you in broad daylight! :costumes:

Caz

Unit453
December 17th, 2008, 17:04
I have to agree with everyone here. This version is my favorite and it seems to be the only aircraft I've flown since the origional download. I just love it.

Unit453
December 17th, 2008, 19:05
Actually, loading this up, I dont have a VC and my sound dosent work. In fact, it will load whatever sound from the previous aircraft I fly. This aircraft is set as my default flight so I have to choose something else first just to get sounds. The flaps and gear have sound but no engines.

I'm not sure if its my system or what but I've tried deleting and redownloading it.

Bobr2
December 17th, 2008, 19:55
Can't find it at AVSIM. What is the file name that I should look for. I did a surch for the Starliner Team though no luck. Please let me know how you are finding this aircraft.

Sunny9850
December 17th, 2008, 19:57
The default sound is aliased to the FS9 default DC-3. If you don't have that one it would explain why you are not getting sounds.

Two ways to fix it..copy the entire sound folder from another airplane with big radial engines into the Starliner.
Go to AVSIM and search for R-3350.zip. And follow the instructions in that downloads readme.

As for the NO VC...make sure you did not accidentally select the new NO-VC model which was included for people that have less than current PC hardware or simply don't like VCs.

Stefan

Sunny9850
December 17th, 2008, 19:58
Can't find it at AVSIM. What is the file name that I should look for. I did a surch for the Starliner Team though no luck. Please let me know how you are finding this aircraft.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=jahn&Sort=Added&ScanMode=0&Go=Change+View

Wulf190
December 17th, 2008, 23:55
I mostly fly Warbirds, and GA. I normally don't fly kerosene burners, or heavy iron tube liners. Typically I don't consider them any fun.

BUT, like the recently released F-86, I'll make an acceptation. Fantastic work to all involved. :jump:

deathfromafar
December 18th, 2008, 00:20
A Salute to the team!!!:applause::ernae::medals:

FengZ
December 18th, 2008, 01:11
I normally don't fly these big birds either, but after seeing all the positive posts in this thread, i had to go try it.

And glad i did! What an amazing aircraft! Thanks for all your hard work.

-feng

Sid2008
December 18th, 2008, 03:51
Thank you to all responsible for such a beautiful airplane. I am so glad that there are Santas like you spreading cheer, free of cost, throughout the FS community.
Merry Christmas.
Sid